5.0 and Outlaws pro stock questions August 06, 2023 01:24AM
1) Are the RN pros allowed to hook at BG? If yes, does anyone know if guys like Chris Cain or Ryan Walters plan to run there?

2) I thought I saw 5.0 PS results at some PPL Western Series pulls. Where does the 5.0 class run at the moment besides R2 and PPL WS?

3) What is the size of the spec turbo for the Outlaws PS class? How many Outlaws PS are there if everyone showed up?

4) How many are building 5.0s now but waiting on parts?

5.) Should one manufacturer build all the turbos, or should it be open as long as it meets the specs? Which ultimately costs more: 1 turbo monopoly, or arms race between several makers?

6) In 5 years, how do you anticipate the #s to look for the big motor classes (PS, 5.0, and 4.1)?

7. Will 5.0 be a region-specific (Geography, not level of pull) like other classes, or will it expand into the east and south?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2023 01:39AM by The Original Michael.

Re: 5.0 and Outlaws pro stock questions August 06, 2023 01:55AM
Question 1 Yes

Re: 5.0 and Outlaws pro stock questions August 06, 2023 07:50AM
On a good 2 day hook and no one broke down there is 14-15 Outlaw pros. Rumor is there are 5-6 new tractors coming out that are waiting on parts. Everyone love the box Wimer turbo as it is one less thing that you have to worry about updating every 3 months and it has been reliable. Only down fall is Wimer is so busy and slow getting the 5.0 turbos sent out. Outlaws is the main association where the 5.0s run out west with the exception of 4 or 5 Western Series hooks and they don't seem to get many to show up.

Re: 5.0 and Outlaws pro stock questions August 06, 2023 07:58AM
Looks like there were 10 at rock valley and browsing through results that’s all of them for this year, looks like on average 5-6 show up. I know of three of being built and they will be PPL WS tractors so wouldn’t count on them showing up to many outlaw events. I see 5.0 growing to be replacement for the 4.1 class out west in the next 5 years.

Re: 5.0 and Outlaws pro stock questions August 06, 2023 08:20AM
It will be interesting to see how many Outlaw 10 Pros show at Mound City,KS this evening..Yaricks should have two there..

Re: 5.0 and Outlaws pro stock questions August 06, 2023 12:24PM
According to Outlaw points there have been 14 pros hook with them this year with a couple tractors still waiting on parts that haven't been out at all. That's not including Cains that have shown up and Parkers. If they all would show up at Wisner that'd be 17-18 tractors. Would love to see the NTPA 5.0s show up at Wisner! That would be an awesome show!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,657, Posts: 229,735, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,071, Posts: 225,919.

Our newest member JD_8520