Bowling Green pit area August 07, 2023 01:10PM
Hello all,

This will be my first year going to the pulls in Bowling Green. I've been to the ones at our county fair here in Monroe, Michigan but I had a question of the pit area.
Are the pits closed off to the public or can you walk around and check the trailers, drivers, and tractors out?

I wasn't entirely sure if this was allowed or not...was looking to pickup a few shirts from some drivers if possible.

Thank you!
KBooker

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 07, 2023 01:17PM
The pits are open. Enjoy your time there. Most haulers are open to get shirts and talk with pullers. Better off to see them when they are not scheduled to pull that secession.

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 07, 2023 01:18PM
The pits are ope n the public. Be ready to put on some miles because this is one huge event. There's nothing else like it anywhere else. Enjoy

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 07, 2023 03:29PM
There’s pullers crammed in every nook & cranny of the fairgrounds. You’ll have to sort thru all the cow barns, campers & pickups to find all the pullers, then some may be parked in the field down the road.

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 08, 2023 03:06AM
If you're someone who enjoys walking through the pits to look at the pulling vehicles (who doesn't), there is no better place than BG! I live a couple miles east of Bowling Green and usually spend Thursday just walking the pits and usually sit down for a bit in the evening to watch the pulls, and then spend Friday and Saturday in the stands most of the time. You could very easily make a full day of just walking the pits and talking to people.

Don't forget to check out the retired tractor museum and the toy show. Bonus points if you stop and buy a milkshake from the local 4-H kids, huge green and white barn, my wife is in charge of that group.

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 08, 2023 03:24AM
The pits are huge . there are trucks and tractors tucked in around & behind Barnes all over. The 4-h milkshakes hit the spot on a hot day, and supports a good cause

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 08, 2023 09:54AM
Those strawberry milkshakes are the best! My sons and I get one every session.
The pits are great. Know when to recognize guys are busy. If not, I have yet to find someone who is not willing to talk to either a seasoned fan, or the most ignorant newbie.

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 08, 2023 01:57PM
The pits are great. Drivers are totally cool with letting you visit and take pics.

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 09, 2023 03:37AM
Our team really enjoys the pits at bg! We welcome everyone to take pictures and even get them kiddo's in the seat. Unless were knuckles deep in a engine. we always are available to chat with fans. See you in BG!

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 09, 2023 12:44PM
The pits are legit! You can’t take it in with just one day - do yourself a favor and go early Thursday and/or early Friday. I always enjoy stopping by and seeing the Giddy Up guys adding or dropping motors for MOD/UNL. Take extra bucks for puller shirts bc that’s where the teams will be providing them the most (not every pull you can find them). Shake shack is a must!!! Stop at the NTPC merchandise area early bc come Saturday, sometimes they start selling out. There’s a great breakfast each day just inside the gate/near the shake shack but I know there’s also a local church nearby that has a pretty awesome breakfast too (I’ve heard, haven’t done that yet).

Biggest thing - talk to the pullers - they take great pride in their equipment and enjoy sharing information about their pullers (even though 90% of the questions they’re asked, they’ve been asked 100’s of times)

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 10, 2023 11:51PM
Thanks all for your help! Saturday will be the only day I'm able to go so gonna hit the pits early. Gonna make it a note to hit up the shake shack as well!

Thanks!
-Kris Booker

Re: Bowling Green pit area August 12, 2023 11:14AM
Get the overhead pic view on your phone,for a rookie it'll do wonders in the grounds layout

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520