Track officials and sled operators August 08, 2023 10:55PM
There was a pull in Pa. a few weeks ago where a driver backed up to the sled, tightened the chain and slumped over in the seat. He was taken off the tractor and cpr etc. was performed. Unfortunately, he did not survive, Condolences to his family and many friends. I sometimes flag and I'm looking for tractor issues but never thought about a driver issue. I'm sure sled operators, might have the same mind set. I'm sure from the seat of the sled it's very hard to see the driver through the roll cage too. This tractor was seconds from leaving the line full throttle so what would've been the end results then? Just a wake up for all of us. I was waiting for this issue to be on here but never saw it. I thought it was worth mentioning.

Re: Track officials and sled operators August 09, 2023 01:21AM
Condolences to the family, may the driver go rest high on that mountain and hopefully he/she passed doing what they loved. But you're 100% correct, most of the focus is on the vehicle, not any abnormalities to the operator.

Re: Track officials and sled operators August 11, 2023 06:48AM
A fellow puller with much experience in the medical field spotted the incident as it happened and performed life saving measures to no avail. Thankfully this incident did not occur under throttle during a hook. Many thanks to our heroes that help during these awful situations. Prayers for all those families and folks involved. May the deceased rest in eternal peace.

Re: Track officials and sled operators August 11, 2023 07:52AM
Thats very sad..I'm sure that the dead man throttle would have done its job and would have ended the run..I assume that he had a cage and was strapped in..Was it a high wheel speed tractor?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason