Dear Marvin Epperson August 15, 2023 04:42AM
This coming weekend, one request as a fan for both safety reasons and aesthetic reasons-

Could we not have drag racing (ie- vehicles pulling on both tracks at the same time)?
Best wishes.

Re: Dear Marvin Epperson August 15, 2023 06:45AM
The Original Michael
This coming weekend, one request as a fan for both safety reasons and aesthetic reasons-

Could we not have drag racing (ie- vehicles pulling on both tracks at the same time)?
Best wishes.

But how would we sell t-shirts about “Race Tractors”?

I can understand why people might want to hear that supercharger whine, but I don’t want it to dominate the sound of a Pro Stock or Super Stock.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Dear Marvin Epperson August 15, 2023 07:24AM
John Murray

I can understand why people might want to hear that supercharger whine, but I don’t want it to dominate the sound of a Pro Stock or Super Stock.

AMEN BROTHER!

Give me the smell of diesel fuel and the sound of the turbos!

Love the sound of the superchargers and mostly hemi engines but keep it far away from the pro stock/super stock classes

Re: Dear Marvin Epperson August 15, 2023 12:26PM
Could we also not have the track prep vehicles during a two-track pull sitting still on the track blocking the view of the second track when that vehicle or tractor makes its pass. At Rockwell Iowa this year that happened on almost every hook and I got very tired of it.

Re: Dear Marvin Epperson August 15, 2023 01:23PM
sit higher up if you can't see

Re: Dear Marvin Epperson August 15, 2023 02:30PM
Not the point. Track crew was painfully slow all weekend.

Re: Dear Marvin Epperson August 15, 2023 02:43PM
And it would be nice to actually have a full pull mark and a couple of pulloffs! Bouncing

Re: Dear Marvin Epperson August 15, 2023 11:49PM
Groundpounder
And it would be nice to actually have a full pull mark and a couple of pulloffs! Bouncing

It's Bowling Green for the National Championship, you damn well better be prepared to do a pulloff if you're a puller.

Granted I hope one day the pullers are compensated accordingly

Re: Dear Marvin Epperson August 17, 2023 01:16PM
Many seem to complain about carrying a free 37 lb Gold cube.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,633, Posts: 229,697, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520