Light mods August 18, 2023 05:53AM
Really high quality equipment. I wish they could havethe chance to run the south track.

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 06:36AM
I think it's time for that class to be removed. Biggest pull in the USA and only 9 tractors (only 3-4 make good runs). Bring in 4.1 or Light Pro. Bigger numbers and better show. Just my opinion.

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 08:22AM
No to 4.1 or light pro at BG! Keep the starter classes out!!!!

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 09:49AM
I would hardly call a class that cost north of 100k to get into and be competitive a starter class. Those guys spend big money on the 4.1s and light pros and they run hard.

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 09:51AM
what would you call super farm? if that’s not a starter class then i’ll be damned

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 10:17AM
Then you be damed. And ignorant, but hey your pry just another government check collecting welfare farmer that looks down on the working class.

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 11:23AM
someone has to look after your girlfriend

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 11:53AM
I’m in agreement on the removing the light mod/light unlimited… whatever it’s called this year. The problem is, you can’t bring in another 20-30 vehicle class for time consideration. Maybe you can, but if NTPA would open up that class to different power plants it’d make for a much better class and show.

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 01:36PM
Not only another long session of 30-40 tractors but not sure you’d be able to park them all in the pit area. Usually full as it is with current classes.

Re: Light mods August 19, 2023 02:29AM
Yes just dont let my wife meet my girlfriend why you're looking after her.

In all serious though I just get ticked when people who have never puller SF think its a nothing class. In all the classes i have pulled in the SF class was the most competitive top to bottom and the one class you couldn't simply buy a win by speeding more then everyone else.

As for what classes should or shouldn't be GN there are way to many classes. Eliminate half of them problem solved.

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 11:51AM
It was the mods it was the crappy red sled. Why did they pull the class on the north side twice with the red sled. They always hook any class on north one night and south the other night

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 11:58AM
also for no one to get the wrong idea about my statement i enjoy the super farms and have no hate to them but if light pro is a starter class then well you know the rest lol

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 12:37PM
Well, let's see. If SF is the bottom of the big tractor classes, using that logic on the Mods, then the Light Mod, Fan 2, is a starter class. Both sessions results proved it, too. You never see pathethic results like that in SF.

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 12:41PM
so is hot farm not included then? hot farms getting pretty exspensive around here, and competitive

Re: Light mods August 20, 2023 08:49AM
Fan 13,
Not to throw anyone under the bus but we (the Lt.Mod/Lt Unlimited) have never had that ugly of a showing. There may not be a lot of us but most are top notch and well accomplished tractors with many many points titles at all levels amongst the group. Not to mention very experienced drivers that ALL had trouble getting down the track, we can't all be that bad at figuring out a track...other things were at play here!

I understand that you likley don't like the class and I understand that and it doesn't bother me but don't disregard this group of pullers as less than, that is disrespectful to some of the best pullers in the country.

S'no Farmer

Re: Light mods August 20, 2023 10:14AM
Todd,

Did you make any changes after your test hook? Congrats on making a nice pass on your second attempt.

I was really disappointed at the showing of the Light Mod. I think it was a perfect storm from a number of different factors... sled setup, tractor setup for some, track, etc... I still think the class has a ton of potential and I think Vaughn will figure out the setup on the red sled for that class. I watched Vaughn refine that sled for every single class all weekend long. I've never seen him run down the track so often just so he could see how the sled was at the end of the track. The pan is longer, it's got some extra bars under the pan, the limit chains needed lengthening, the sled was refined quite a bit from session to session since there were/are still some unknowns on how it hooks.

I know there's a knee jerk reaction to call the red sled junk, or to say the class is garbage... neither of those things are true. Both will continue to get better.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Light mods August 20, 2023 10:32AM
I also think the class has huge potential, and yes some of the best pullers hook in that class. I did notice that the box topped out at about a 125 feet down the track and with the vehicles not being able to get up and start running and gather some momentum most never got any speed coming off the starting line. And another thing that I found interesting was that this was the only class to hook both times on the north track with the red sled. Not sure the mindset there other maybe trying to figure out what's going on with the sled.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Light mods August 20, 2023 12:48PM
Jake,
I did make a pretty drastic change, I moved every weight from the front to the back, something I never done. Still having done that the front didn't try to lift until I was way up the track then it got too high but stayed hooked. We just didn't seem to get any weight transfer to our hitches from the sled.

S'no Farmer

Re: Light mods August 20, 2023 01:04PM
Thanks, I was wondering what you did. Watching you guys come out of the hole was painful... burning the tires off them with no ground speed and then when the pan dropped and the box topped it was a mess. I'm sure the sled will get sorted out and a weight will be put on the front of the pan or some other adjustment will be made so you guys can actually hook to the track.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Light mods August 19, 2023 04:50PM
Starter class? What do you call 2wd/mini/sf

Re: Light mods August 22, 2023 11:56PM
Great - You want to add another smoker/tractor class... Just what everybody wants right...??

Re: Light mods August 23, 2023 12:03AM
all the smoker classes are the same... half the crowd couldnt even tell you want class it is. myself included

Re: Light mods August 18, 2023 03:17PM
Could probably fit in quite a few more classes if there weren’t 60 twd’s.

Blame MARVIN!!!!! August 19, 2023 12:56AM
There was an effort to change the sled on the second night after a couple lt mods ran and MARVIN said NO. Not the sled but another MARVIN MOVE!!!!!

Re: Blame MARVIN!!!!! August 19, 2023 01:47AM
Keyboard pullers in full swing this weekend.

Re: Light mods August 19, 2023 02:04AM
i gotta question, why don’t you people make actual accounts so we know who’s talking lol

Re: Light mods August 19, 2023 03:05PM
"Lilshadetree", you could start by putting on your "registered" page what your actual name is - you know the one you have to use for driver license and income tax.

Re: Light mods August 21, 2023 03:49PM
tax’s? what’s that

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,725, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,912.

Our newest member JD_8520