lps September 14, 2009 12:57PM
With all the talk on this "new?" light pro class, any one know what the cost would be to de cube a cat or Massey motor vs restricting the turbo size on the 640 v8s?

Re: lps September 14, 2009 11:22PM
The overall cost to the class will be a lot less if the 3 masseys have to build down to 540 rather than make 95% of the class build up to 640

Re: lps September 15, 2009 12:38AM
If it would be a 640 limit, that doesnt force anyone to be 640 - right? If you guys think 540 is so great and reliable thats fine, stick with it. You will come out ahead on the points anyway if the big cube guys are broke down. But I guess its that way all over, if your scared of the cubes, just outlaw them, right? What is the C.I. limit at Gordyville for the 10,000lb lps? How is their turn out?

Re: lps September 15, 2009 02:28AM
It only forces you to 640 if you want to win,you can't replace that many cubic inches, also you bbjd's only came from JD with 531's in them

Re: lps September 15, 2009 03:28AM
Massey comes with stock options at 510 and 540 so there should be no problem for either a 505 or 540 class (1% tolerance in a 505 class is 510). The Cat came as a 573 and a 636 so they would require a little work, but Oliver/White/MM could use the: 478 Herc, 451 MM, 504 MM, and even the 585 MM with some work, if they put Agco sheetmetal on they could use the 426 AC, 505 Cummins, or the 40 Series Detroit (466) as an option... not to mention the 451-456 offerings from Fendt or Sisu. The BBJD came as a 531 so that would be fine in a 540 class but would need alittle work in a 510 class, but there are a few 466 JD around so they have that option as well.

Overall, the tractors over 510 cubes are in the vast minority. Infact, 505 is the perfect number since 90% of tractors came from the factory with roughly 500 cubic inches.

The big cube tractors have more than enough classes to choose from. Small cubes are the way of the future and it's time the sport reflected that.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: lps September 15, 2009 03:42AM
Maybe its just me, but there was a time in this sport when 500 wasnt consider small cubes, I'm just a little worried when that starts to be considered small cubes anymore

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,773, Posts: 229,940, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,029.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009