Bowing Green Purse August 23, 2023 05:00AM
First off, I love Bowing Green. It’s my favorite event of the year. Hat’s off to every single person involved.
As a spectator, former puller, and builder i do have a legitimate question, however. With almost 2100 campsites at $380 each, there’s over three fourths of a million dollars right there alone, going somewhere and it’s not to the pullers. Sure, it costs loads of money to have an event of this magnitude, but the people providing the entertainment need to be paid also. The pullers are the reason this event takes place and the ones spending their money and pushing their equipment to the absolute ragged edge to put on a great show for the fans. To be honest it’s a smack in the face to have a $500k vehicle and have to put a smile on your face holding a $1500 check. In recent years they have had the $10,000 class “spin the wheel” promotion, which is great! The question is, why isn’t every class pulling for $10,000 all weekend? Should The NATIONAL TRACTOR PULLING CHAMIONSHIPS pay the same (or less) as many other pulls throughout the summer that have 1/10 of the entries and 1/25 of the audience? This is supposed to be the Super Bowl, the Daytona 500, the U.S. Nationals, the Grand Slam of truck and tractor pulling. So why does it not pay accordingly?
I’m not looking for negative feedback or bashing anyone/organization. Just a question on the greatest pull and sport in the world!

Thanks,
Jonathan Gibson

What incentive is there to pay more? August 23, 2023 05:41AM
Until pullers come together and say we are done pulling for pennies what incentive is there to change? The biggest problem in pulling is the pullers themselves. They have way more power than they know but won’t come together and stick together on much of anything. Everyone is worried about their own class and not the sport as a whole.

Re: What incentive is there to pay more? August 23, 2023 05:45AM
"If you give the pullers more money, they'll just spend it." - (allegedly) former office worker in Worthington, OH

Re: What incentive is there to pay more? August 23, 2023 06:18AM
That's Right, they will spend it...On Pulling and the Sport will get better and more high tech and powerful and entertaining!

BB

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 23, 2023 05:44AM
I think if they thought they need to raise the purse to draw more competitors they would. But BG is one of those pulls that pullers come to just to be part of it and pull for a chance at a ring.

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 23, 2023 07:11AM
the ntpa ppl etc keep the money to line their pockets

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 23, 2023 09:50AM
An estimated $33.8M economic Impact in 2013

[www.sent-trib.com]

"The $33.8 million figure does not include $250,000 in operating expenses, $1.7 million in event expenses,
and the money raised by Make-A-Wish, and other volunteer organizations in the area which benefit from
the pull. The NWOTPA also put $700,000 into grandstand improvements at the fairgrounds."

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 23, 2023 10:10AM
If pullers and organizations could come together it could be
more of a nascar style scenario over time Just my opinion.

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 24, 2023 11:50AM
Jonathan Gibson
First off, I love Bowing Green. It’s my favorite event of the year. Hat’s off to every single person involved.
As a spectator, former puller, and builder i do have a legitimate question, however. With almost 2100 campsites at $380 each, there’s over three fourths of a million dollars right there alone, going somewhere and it’s not to the pullers. Sure, it costs loads of money to have an event of this magnitude, but the people providing the entertainment need to be paid also. The pullers are the reason this event takes place and the ones spending their money and pushing their equipment to the absolute ragged edge to put on a great show for the fans. To be honest it’s a smack in the face to have a $500k vehicle and have to put a smile on your face holding a $1500 check. In recent years they have had the $10,000 class “spin the wheel” promotion, which is great! The question is, why isn’t every class pulling for $10,000 all weekend? Should The NATIONAL TRACTOR PULLING CHAMIONSHIPS pay the same (or less) as many other pulls throughout the summer that have 1/10 of the entries and 1/25 of the audience? This is supposed to be the Super Bowl, the Daytona 500, the U.S. Nationals, the Grand Slam of truck and tractor pulling. So why does it not pay accordingly?
I’m not looking for negative feedback or bashing anyone/organization. Just a question on the greatest pull and sport in the world!

Thanks,
Jonathan Gibson

Your math is only seeing an income, but not the expense of putting a pull that size on. Everything and I mean everything but some rollers, some track doctors and misc small things are all rented including the fairgrounds. Throw in insurance (huge $),electric, water bill that includes all the campground that has them that don’t get charged for but use, sanctioning, sleds, ridiculous amounts of fuel for equipment and generators, trash, toilets and cleaning, etc. Add in Bidenomics cost increases and there is not a big amount of $ left over. If there is it loops into the event and repair/improvements for the next year anyway. If there are more sponsors that want to throw down $10k per class send them to the office in BG the ladies would gladly talk to them.

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 24, 2023 03:16PM
That is interesting that it costs that much to put on the event.

798,000 just for camping spots. That isn’t counting the cost to get in the show. I would guess the event takes in around 1,000,000. I highly doubt it costs that much to put this event on.

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 24, 2023 11:08PM
Well
That is interesting that it costs that much to put on the event.

798,000 just for camping spots. That isn’t counting the cost to get in the show. I would guess the event takes in around 1,000,000. I highly doubt it costs that much to put this event on.

That $798,000 does include the majority of the campers getting into the show. Every $380 campsite comes with 2 gate passes for all sessions. Add that up its $250 so essentially the campsite is only $130.

Reserved Seats August 25, 2023 12:22AM
How many reserved seats are available for sale? What is it, $4 per seat per session? Not all seats were sold for the afternoons, but that also adds up to a decent chunk of change.

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 25, 2023 02:38AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the cost to put this event on was near a half million dollars, excluding the purse. You start adding all the little things up and it adds up quick!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 25, 2023 05:34AM
The rent or lease for the fairgrounds cant be forgotten either.

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 25, 2023 06:33AM
Brent Yaron
I wouldn't be surprised if the cost to put this event on was near a half million dollars, excluding the purse. You start adding all the little things up and it adds up quick!

The article I posted describes the cost...albeit from 2013.

Re: Bowing Green Purse August 25, 2023 10:56AM
Sorry, missed your post. I can only imagine that number has gone up in the last 10 years. Pretty remarkable the cost to put on an event of this caliber!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,680, Posts: 229,782, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason