NTPA 7500 GN Mod class August 23, 2023 06:02AM
While I'm a huge unlimited fan and hope that class continues to do well, the 7500 mod class has great possibilities.

In addition to the pullers at BG,
* both Bill Voreis and Matt Cain are rumored to have new rides for 2024. Also,
* Bunnage's arm should be healed if he's planning on continuing pulling.
* Bollinger's Top Gun has not run, but they were on the NTPA GN License list, so I have to assume they intended to run and maybe had parts issues
*Leischner's 2 tractors run the class now.
*There was a puller named Sage who is on the PPL Champions Tour list. He hasn't ran Champions Tour, but has ran OSTPA. He's from Ohio so not sure if he broke or why he wasn't at BG.
* Wayson has ran 3 engines in the past.
* I believe Jamie Austin ran at The Pullers Championship;
* Kielmeyer has run (don't they actually have 2 mods; not sure if one was waiting on parts);
*the former Writsel mod ran light unlimited at BG, but has ran 3 engines in the BG mod class before.
* Rod Cochrane had a hook in Canada, but ran there in 2019.
* Lisa Evanich Jostock ran the mod class; Bob ran light class but I assume he could run the 4-engine class since that was his class for three decades.
*Adam Revier traveled with Doc last year and has only been out once or twice regionally this year, but his tractor can and has ran 4 engines.
* The Feiss tractors x 2 were on the NTPA list but only ran the light class this year.

In other words, in addition to the 15ish pullers that showed up at BG, There are at least 10 more (counting new builds) that could run the class. The competition is tight and it has become a great class to watch. Sno' Farmer, is there a chance you and Tarry will add a 3rd engine sometime in 2024?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2023 06:07AM by The Original Michael.

Re: NTPA 7500 GN Mod class August 23, 2023 11:38AM
We've talked about it some but we are a small team and it works better for us at our age to make thing simpler not more complex. It takes a lot more time and effort to keep 6 engines maintained than 4. We really like running the Lt Mod and had hope that a good showing for the class at BG would entice more promoters to try the class. While having a decent number of tractors we put on a poor show for the fans so that hope might be dashed.

Tarry has never been a big fan of looking at a blower belt 4' from her face but was willing to give it a try this summer but we just didn't have the time to get the top engines ready. We spent a lot of time just trying to get her tractor to make passes from point A to point B! We finally seem to have that solved as she got a solid second last night and was able to drive away at the end.

S'no Farmer

Re: NTPA 7500 GN Mod class August 23, 2023 01:44PM
I really hope the light mod class continues. We was planning on stepping into it next season but with parts availability we are thinking about 2025 now. All I have left to do on the tractor is put a stack box on and get a engine put together.

Re: NTPA 7500 GN Mod class August 23, 2023 10:29PM
Craig Sage- owner of SCS Gearbox and Probell does have a 3 engine mod. he ran it twice this summer, once was an initial pass and then the next pass she left her guts hang out on the track and i can only assume he's working on getting it fixed. I have a feeling once he gets the bugs worked out, it'll be a potent ride. I would love to see Ken Miller run a true mod class with this new tractor. I really like the looks of that thing.

Re: NTPA 7500 GN Mod class September 05, 2023 07:24PM
Bob ran the light mod class because he was waiting on parts for the 2 other motors.
Time was also against him since a motor was hurt at Monroe, instead of needing 2 motors built it became 3 motors needing built.
They run the region 2 mod which only can have 3 motors.
Hopefully next year both will be back in the GN Mod class.
*side note: Bob ran the light mod with 8-71 blowers unlike the rest of the class with 14s.
He didn't run Friday because he found a possible issue and decided not to risk it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,643, Posts: 229,709, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520