SBJD Cylinder Head August 27, 2023 08:01AM
Question for all the John Deere pullers out there I'm building a JD 640 and I would like your opinion on the Hp and torque difference between a Riverside 55 series head vs a re cast from North Woods, Lemke etc

Re: SBJD Cylinder Head August 27, 2023 11:53AM
10 years ago the ported stock head would be ok. The turbo's are so much better these days that the ported stock head can not flow air like the recast heads, plus the ported stock head will crack with the heat and filler the porter puts in the runners where he gets into the water jacket will fall out and possibly get stuck in a valve. Go re-cast now--it will save money in the long run and produce more power and torque.

Re: SBJD Cylinder Head August 29, 2023 05:20AM
Who makes the best re cast head
Anyone I have spoken with says that theirs is the best
Don’t know any Dyno people to ask so what do the pullers say

Re: SBJD Cylinder Head August 29, 2023 01:33PM
Buy one of each and test them and let us know.

Re: SBJD Cylinder Head August 29, 2023 03:00PM
A 640 what? 4.1, 3x3, 3x4, 3LM, GT42, or ??? The engine is a system that includes the turbo, cylinder head, cam, valve bowls, bore & stroke, and injection pump & injectors.

What does your head porter say, or are you looking for the vendor to supply it ready to run? Talk to them and get into the theory of why theirs is better, then you have to decide which one to follow. If you truly want to be your own builder you need a dyno and some good theories on how the above interact to try out.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520