LLSS Turbo Rules September 03, 2023 02:09PM
I have been looking at LLSS rules, all are based on 3" turbos and most are smooth bore. But, there is quite a few that allow 3.4" smooth bore or 3" MAF on 470 diesels. Why this variation? And why only on 470 diesels?

Thanks

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 05, 2023 12:46PM
470 diesels cant run with a 370 alcohol so they say

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 05, 2023 02:27PM
But a 410 with icebox keeps up without a bigger turbo……

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 06, 2023 09:37AM
yes the bigger turbo whas just a good way to ruin a good class

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 06, 2023 12:03PM
Yes it really appears to have ruined the class with record numbers they have now and continuing to grow (in many different areas). Eye Rolling

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean its wrong.

Kind of like the weight......just because KY runs 6000 doesn't mean it's wrong at 6250 or 6500 else where.

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 06, 2023 01:03PM
I dont have to geuse again i know just watch and se ive got junk in my shop going to 5 different states the troubles just beginning .Theres as many getting parked as the new ones coming out the money game has just begun

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 09, 2023 06:32AM
I am struggling to understand why the 470's need a 3.4 turbo to be competitive?

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 09, 2023 06:52AM
It’s very simple. If you take a 370, a 410, and a 470 cube engine and use the same turbo on each engine each will produce roughly the same amount of horsepower. However that horsepower will peak at a lower rpm for each jump up in engine size. When the peak hp comes at a lower rpm the torque produced increases. Increased torque coupled with light weight is a pita to get hooked up and or try to balance. So the 3.4 on the 470 raises the peak hp # and allows the 470 to be easier to control at lighter weight and makes it a more competitive setup. Wasn’t a very well thought out rule but most aren’t anyway.

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 09, 2023 07:28AM
I wish you all would just build a llss an come beat up on everyone Lewis you need to do does everyone on here bitching about the 3.4 build you one and come take care of business or stfu just stfu about it all nobody gives two @#$%& about your opinion the class is great and alkys and diesels don’t dominate it’s fair game but if anyone has any questions about why this and that build one for yourself and come beat everyone’s ass other then that stay off the page with your bs keyboard pullers

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 09, 2023 09:14AM
KyLlss, would you like to discuss the need or rather the likelihood of component chassis being allowed in llss?

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 08:41AM
It would seem that this 3.4 turbo rule makes even less sense than I originally thought! So I understand, the 470's where having a tough time hooking up and balancing and the answer was to allow a bigger turbo that will produce more horsepower? Wouldn't a weight variance make more sense?

I why not allow 3" MAF or 3.4" smooth bore on all LLSS's?

I hope component chassis come to this class sooner than later.

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 09:02AM
Like Lewis said, the 470 shouldn’t have been an option and the 3.4 was the bandaid for it.

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 10:49AM
I don't see the problem with 470, I see a problem with the band aid. If someone wants to build a 470, then they need figure out how to make it competitive. Innovation is what has made this sport great, not changing the rules to make someone more competitive.

There is more than this turbo rule that doesn't make sense. Why no V8's? Why no components? Why hasn't every association adapted "national" rules? Or at least the engine configurations standardized?

The more standard and modern the rules are, the better chance of this class becoming an actual National level class someday.

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 09, 2023 09:38AM
I miss punctuation and complete sentences.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2023 09:38AM by Big Block Deere.

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 05:28AM
Yes after reading ky llss post i found out there is someone out there thats just as bad as me, Th e only difference is he dont know what hes talking about the fact is the 470 cube shoulnt have been allowed and definitely not the 3.4 on something 100 cubes bigger to start with the guys should have just been spotted a coupel tractor length,s LOL LIKE CAR RACEING

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 09:46AM
That’s funny Lewis didn’t you help start this class!? You’re always talking about I did this and that oh now it’s 470 shouldn’t have been allowed but you wrote the rules for this class remember!? Lay-off the Jim beam Lewis you done forgot your own legacy! Hahaha

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 10:42AM
KYLLS. you hit the nail on the head your right tell it like it is we half to move on and not go backwards if your going to play this game it’s going to cost i have been pulling 50 plus years and the ones on the tail in are always gripping

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 10:58AM
Could not agree more with LLSS. PULLER, move on and not go backwards!

I think allow Common Rail, they are already using them in pickups. What new tractor isn't common rail, its going to happen sooner or later.

Allow component chassis! It is also going to happen sooner or later.

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 11:47AM
Yes i agree with you guys its 2023 not 1986 any more common rail electronic fuel injection and cut out the cry baby bull @#$%& u 470 diesel guys have done to get a hundred more cubes and a 3,4 turbo make it 470 3.4 for all the class would be so great and the component chassis is a must that itself will bring in a lot of parked light supers to the class.For now the alcohol tractors need to go to a 3.4 turbo its coming and as far as the Jim bean i like Heaven Hill better more bang for the bucks and a slow hot burn

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 03:03PM
Where did 3.4 come from? Why not 3.47" (88mm), there is a ton of of the shelf 88mm chargers.

Why no V8's? What are they trying to keep out?

I agree Heaven Hill is much better than Jim Beam!!

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 11:49AM
360 for all fuels and no decubing would have fixed a lot of things.

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 01:57PM
"360 for all fuels and no decubing would have fixed a lot of things."

Yep. That would make it a completely dominant IH class. What a great idea! Eye Rolling

Re: LLSS Turbo Rules September 10, 2023 03:48PM
Almost every manufacturer had an engine available below 360 ci. So why would it be a "completely dominant IH class"?

Getting LLSS Into Bigger Pulls September 10, 2023 11:56PM
The rules are fine the way they are, however I don't disagree about allowing components. I feel like we are done with making and changing rules for this class. NTPA has set the standards for this class, so if you want to tweak the rules in your club that's fine but don't expect all others clubs to change their rules too. What we do need to focus on is how do we push this class to the next level? How do we get this class at the national farm machinery show pull, tomah, and bowling green? This class would add so much variety and would give fans the same kind of entertainment that the 5500 super stock once gave them.

Re: Getting LLSS Into Bigger Pulls September 11, 2023 03:06AM
LLSS Supporter
What we do need to focus on is how do we push this class to the next level?

Ya gotta get Fan 2 on board!!!!!!!!!! If ya don't no whoo he is, he's a big promoter on this bored.

Re: Getting LLSS Into Bigger Pulls September 11, 2023 01:07PM
Know llss supporter your wrong about the rules being fine the way they are .According to all the phone calls ive been getting theres a storm brewing over this 3.4 coming in from all directions every where a llss pulls and a couple clubs wanting to start the class some say i should be the National class spokesman if it ever comes to be because i represent the majority not the minority .go back a couple years on this post to what i said now .I TOLD YOU SO IS IN ORDER LOLfor that Heavin Hill

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520