engine oil for diesel tractor motors September 04, 2023 12:13AM
what engine oil is best for diesel tractor pulling motors

Re: engine oil for diesel tractor motors September 04, 2023 09:06AM
Heard good things about Brad Penn oil but I've no experience with it. In our 466s we run 4 gallons of CNH 15w40 and 1 gallon of Lucas oil additive. Just have to dump the 15w40 in first otherwise, oil pump isnt able to suck the Lucas up and will starve engine.

Re: engine oil for diesel tractor motors September 04, 2023 02:04PM
We run straight Schaeffers 50w. Never had any oil caused failure. I have shown fellow competitors our 125 run mains and they are amazed at the good condition.

We run Schaeffer in everything. Farm tractors cars semis etc.

Re: engine oil for diesel tractor motors September 05, 2023 12:49AM
I ran VR1 Valvoline 50 wt race oil 4.5 gallons and half a gallon of lucas oil stabilizer.

Re: engine oil for diesel tractor motors September 05, 2023 06:56AM
Sunoco has a 20W-50 diesel engine oil... benefits of both worlds... 50 weight base along with the additives and detergents that diesel engines really do require. Tonight at 6PM central on the Beer Money Facebook page are kicking off our weekly "Tech Talk" show where we will be discussing various products and applications... Tonight's topic is "Fundamentals of Lubricants" discussing base oils and additives... especially zinc

Re: engine oil for diesel tractor motors September 05, 2023 10:57PM
In the garden tractor world, we run Mobil Delvac 15W40 diesel oil. we turn the engines 9800/10,000 rpm off of the starting line and average over 7000 rpms mid track. after a summer of hard running, we will look at the rod bearing, and it will look beautiful. keep in mind proper bearing clearance is key. this oil also tends to mix well with alcohol fuel too. it doesn't separate like others. I know there are many top oils out there that come with a hefty price tag, but you can buy Mobil Delvac about anywhere it seems. and its cheap, especially when you run it a couple times and then use it for heating the shop in the winter.

Re: engine oil for diesel tractor motors September 06, 2023 02:47AM
I have always been a big CenPeCo user and supporter. Stock working everyday engines and chassis lube. And of course in my pulling tractor which uses a different engine oil than the 'stock' engines. My dad starting using CenPeCo on the farm in 1966 and I always have too. I'm super pleased with their products.

I was recently visiting with an IH Light PS puller who stated he use to use "cheap oil" and his engine parts definitely showed the damage too.
Said he heard good things about Schaefer and he is now very satisfied with the pulling engine internals upon inspection.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009