Different weights in classes September 18, 2023 12:21PM
I know this is probably going to stir up the Hornets nest. But just wanted to get some opinions on the subject. I’ve seen an association that in their DOT 2wds class has a weight variance rule. The rule there is small blocks can run 6200 lbs and a 30 inch hitch. Big block trucks(525 inch limit with 1 percent grace) have to run 6000 lbs with a 28 inch hitch. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this. Another case in point is per se the light limited super tractor or Light super ag. Whatever associations call it. That being different weights for alcohol and diesel, different weight for John Deere compared to International etc. The way I see it is you know what the rules are when you built or bought your vehicle. You chose what brand and what motor was in it. I think instead of having all these weight/hitch variances and making it a pain in the neck to tech. do the work and make your pulling rig competitive and run them straight up and whoever pulls the farthest wins.

Re: Different weights in classes September 18, 2023 08:07PM
In an ideal world you are correct. The reality is that we are a show, entertainment for our paying customers. These combo classes are usually the result of trying to increase the number and variety of vehicles in the class. Either because one design is perceived to have an advantage, or to brng in vehicles from another nearby organization.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,635, Posts: 229,699, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520