Most Innovative Pulling Class September 20, 2023 04:33AM
When it comes to setting the bar for new and innovative ideas, which class leads the way? It seems that Pro-Stocks are where the ingenuity and money starts and then trickles down to other classes.

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 20, 2023 10:50AM
What do you find innovative about the prostocks?

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 20, 2023 11:52AM
I’d say DSS without a doubt.

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 20, 2023 01:43PM
I think it has cycled through several classes starting with the multi charger development in SS. Then probably multi engine development in mod followed by the advancement of alky SS. Pro stock had a fairly long period of advancement, and most recently a couple of the DSS have found a big step forward.

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 20, 2023 01:46PM
As much as people love to hate on the super farm class, I think there is a big argument to be made for them because of the turbo technology that has come from trying to get the most out of the small charger. I think many of the advancements in power today is from better turbos and the super farm class played a big part in that. It also opened up the game for different pumps and heads because many of the competitors had the same turbo but still wanted an advantage. Just my 0.02

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 20, 2023 02:38PM
The super fatm class are the innovators for sure!
BUT, not in the mechanical arena.
The super farm classes biggest innovations are in the CHEMICAL arena.
Fuel additives.
Water additives.
Who knows what else.
The SF class should be sponsored by a chemical company. Or a chemist.
The competitors are making the chemical innovators rich!

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 21, 2023 12:09PM
That's funny, sure there are some that do that they also most likely come from the same shop. Just saying I know there are one's that play by the RULES in that little book they give you.

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 21, 2023 02:10PM
Like as if SF is the only Diesel class using hot fuel. Naught!!!!!

Most Innovative = Consider the humungous cubic inch antique tractor engines compared with original.

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 22, 2023 12:17PM
Current top tier antiques have way more technology and innovative in them than the cookie cutter 466 classes. 700+ cubed D466's, 800 ci rd 501's 1000+ ci G jd's. Hd800's over 1300. All running 3000rpm or more.

Cost of top running Div V tractor? September 22, 2023 01:15PM
Yup
Current top tier antiques have way more technology and innovative in them than the cookie cutter 466 classes. 700+ cubed D466's, 800 ci rd 501's 1000+ ci G jd's. Hd800's over 1300. All running 3000rpm or more.

Out of curiosity, what would be a good ballpark guess for the cost of a top running Div. V tractor?

Re: Cost of top running Div V tractor? September 22, 2023 02:00PM
The Original Michael

Out of curiosity, what would be a good ballpark guess for the cost of a top running Div. V tractor?
Top running and looking your gonna have to spend 50-70k

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 22, 2023 03:25AM
They seemed to be the first tractors to make strides in front end suspension: airbag first and now coil over. I've yet to see that be common in other classes. Just an observation.

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 20, 2023 04:01PM
I envision electric as the most innovative class yet to come.

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 21, 2023 01:45PM
most innovated class is yet to come
I envision electric as the most innovative class yet to come.
As the song says ,I hope I’m in heaven by then!

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 21, 2023 01:59AM
Definitely all classes to some extent, but the Mods definitely Lead the way.

BB

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 22, 2023 01:15AM
Light Limited Super Stock has evolved alot over the yrs, if we're going strictly off of Innovation and not most HP produced, the guys running that class have done alot with the restrictions and limites they are forced to run by,they are making tremendous power out of what they've got, most are making more HP than the light supers of yrs gone by. Just my thoughts !!!!

Re: Most Innovative Pulling Class September 22, 2023 08:45AM
Mini rods have come a long way to. Chassis design, power, rear ends set up and balance. They used to be constantly going for wild rides. Now it just gets really ugly every once and a while.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520