IH degree wheel September 26, 2023 03:31AM
Where can a guy get a degree wheel that fits a dt 360 and 466

Re: IH degree wheel September 26, 2023 04:17AM
Some friends of mine at a shop had one setup with the three bolts in the crankshaft and in the middle a 1/2” nut. I did this recently and it worked great! I took a moroso 18” degree wheel, 1/2” bolt with an adapter and the wheel and then a nut to tighten the wheel to the bolt, then tighten the bolt in the captured nut by the 3 bolt to the center hole in the crank and got my cam dialed in. Most degree wheels come with bolt adapters to fit different sizes of bolts.
Or you could just drill your own holes in the wheel, I didn’t want to mess up a $100 wheel by drilling holes that I may or may not have off or…….

Re: IH degree wheel September 26, 2023 04:36AM
We got ours at Jegs and drilled the 3 holes in it to fit the crank 3 bolt pattern and use longer bolts to hold it on. It could actually be taped to the truck fluid balancer because it is almost exactly the same size in diameter.

Re: IH degree wheel September 26, 2023 04:39PM
That's how I made one for a friend to check his cam timing. It worked great and didn't take long to make it. I used a lathe and a mill with a digital readout. I can take a picture of it tomorrow but it's self-explanatory.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,704, Posts: 229,805, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro