Very important announcement regarding NASOA September 30, 2023 12:28AM
Saw this posted on facebook from Southern Express Sled Rental, but it reads like it will be across the board for all NASOA members. It will be interesting what ripples this may have down to farm stocks and antiques.

Attention All Pullers!!!
If you not aware most all the sleds you hook are leval 8 sleds under the North America Sled Operator Association and this organization is the liability insurance holder for the sleds that are members of the NASOA. [Almost every sled you hook are members.] This means they are rated for ALL CLASSES and this translates to the largest chain and hook, due to all the recent accidents and vehicles tossing the hook out of the hitch the anti-unhook tab on the hook is being enforced to the max and other safety features as well.
So what does that have to do with me as a puller you ask. THIS MEANS IF YOUR HITCH HOLE IS NOT 3 INCHES WIDE X 3 3\4 INCHES DEEP THE HOOK WILL NOT GO IN YOUR HITCH HOLE AND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HOOK TO THE SLED!
This rule applys to farm tractors and antique tractors as well! THE HOOK WILL NOT BE MODIFIED TO ACCOMMODATE YOU FROM NOW ON!
We are sorry if this should inconvenience you in any way especially on the farm stocks and the antiques, unfortunately we answer to a governing body that provides our insurance at a fraction of the price than if we provided it ourselves. With that being said insurance companies are really cracking down on all safety aspects of our pulling sport. I say this with deep concerns if you would like to keep pulling I would encourage you to check your equipment more often and if you know you have a hitch that isn't built heavy enough please take the time over the winter to correct these issues. We are only a few more incidents away from losing any insurance coverage for sleds and promoters and when the insurance is unavailable especially the sanctioned events will be no more. Accidents happen and we cannot avoid that but when we are negligent with our equipment that's on us and we need to be a little more diligent in keeping our equipment up to date with the horsepower that we are making today. Thank you for taking time to read this and I hope you understand.
The picture shows what we are addressing this has been in play for several years but the length is increasing!
Everyone please share this!
Sincerely,
Southern Express Pulling LLC

Re: Very important announcement regarding NASOA September 30, 2023 12:39AM
Also, as an aside, the statement about insurance companies cracking down has me wondering:

For anyone in the know, what other aspects of pulling are insurance companies cracking down on?

Re: Very important announcement regarding NASOA September 30, 2023 06:39AM
After the turbo explosion incident in august… All aspects. When lawyers start watching videos looking for any bit of evidence in a search for negligence proof. To a Liberal environmentalist Lawyer shutting down pulling would be like a life goal. Sad, but true.

Re: Very important announcement regarding NASOA October 05, 2023 11:59AM
On the notion that insurance companies are cracking down.
If the sanctioning body doesn’t sue their due diligence to enforce the safety rules who does it fall on the promoters?
Second question if a promoter has evidence of gross negligence on the part of a sanctioning body do they become liable after an incident?

Too many safety issues are being ignored and passed over because “they are ok”.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520