How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 09, 2023 04:04AM
I used "events" instead of "hooks" because most but not all CT/GN events are 2-hook per class, multi-day affairs.

Of course this may differ by class, but in general, how many events is reasonable for a national points series, in your opinion. ("Trip" and "event" could be synonyms)

Is 8-10 reasonable? Should it be limited to 5-6 trips? # of hooks would be nearly double the # of events except for 1 day events like Wellington. OH.

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 09, 2023 05:09AM
My opinion is ~8 events and ~16 hooks, all should be two events, unless they are two events within a few hours of each other that can be made on the same trip (Fri/Sat). I also would like all events to be a Fri/Sat if possible. It would also be nice if there weren't 3-4 events on back to back to back weekends.

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 09, 2023 01:06PM
Mt. Sterling and Salem, Illinois lost their Friday-Saturday night Grand National events a couple years ago. Always same classes at both locations, about 4 hours apart.

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 11, 2023 02:20AM
And why did NTPA lose these 2 back to back night Illinois GN events?

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 11, 2023 04:52AM
why
And why did NTPA lose these 2 back to back night Illinois GN events?

I believe the dates were the same as the Rockwell three-day event. So, PPL picked them up and then with the uncertainty around PPL, I don't think there was an event at either place this year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2023 04:53AM by TripleAlphaProcess.

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 11, 2023 12:53PM
Incorrect, both Mt. Sterling and Salem had PPL events this year.

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 11, 2023 12:56PM
Yes, they gave those 2 dates to Rockwell.

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 11, 2023 04:46PM
Just a point of FACT, one of those events dropped NTPA and signed with PPL, BEFORE anyone was asked to change dates to accommodate a 5 session, 3 day GN event in one place that also bought TV time as well as the hired the NTPA scoreboard, and live streaming.
So there is that, "business decision" thing.

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 13, 2023 02:29PM
Which one dropped NTPA?

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 10, 2023 09:00AM
Twelve events on Frday/Saturday. And Grand National/Champion Tour classes and competitors only.

Re: How many events should a Champs Tour or GN tour have? October 10, 2023 12:22PM
That would probably make for some short shows if you only allow GN license holders to pull.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520