Bowling Green Policies and the money aspect October 10, 2023 12:36PM
OK first off let’s all try to be civil I am just laying out what I believe. Everybody else is welcome to their opinion. Before anyone tells me if you don’t like it stay home I am not far from going ahead and doing that just based on what has took place the last year. First the lawn chair issue the fact that I live two states away and cannot come two weeks prior to the event to set out. Chairs is kind of ridiculous that the local people have the entire area before anyone else has a chance. At our county fair no one is allowed to set up chairs prior to the event and if you do, they won’t be there when you get there just the way our fair operates. However, I don’t see why chairs should be banned either. Everybody should have the opportunity to sit in a lawnchair myself included. My solution would be chairs can be set up say two days before the event if you’re local and you can do it then fine and keep everything the same . I don’t have any problem either with selling a 10 x 10 square either who came up with $250 that is my gripe if you wanted to sell it for 25 bucks I think everybody would’ve paid that and you would’ve had very little griping . Now onto the campground issue I have no problem with trailers being banned in the campground. I have camped in the campground and there are plenty people that act like complete morons at the campground. All it will take is somebody to get their foot run over and broken and you have a huge issue , so you want to have no trailers I’m fine with that and I was planning to camp in the campground with a group of buddies this year. My issue is I don’t get to the pull until very late on Thursday night so I never go to the Thursday night pull. My gripe is why in the heck do I have to pay for all the sessions just to get a wristband to gain access to the campground if you want to sell wristbands to campers I have no problem with that sell them for 10 bucks apiece and add that to your camper Reservation based on how many people are going to be in each camper and there you go all the campers have wristbands and it didn’t break the bank. Last year when I went to Bowling Green, I had roughly $1000 in the trip by the time I pay for a hotel, bought food and paid for my tickets. It is not a cheap trip. I don’t really feel the need to have another 40 bucks added to it. If people want to act like idiots that results in new rules I’m fine with that. I can play by the rules. My problem is I think they are using. This is a way to pad their wallet a little bit, and that is where I have the problem everybody’s response is you don’t have to go I am pretty much gonna go this year, but moving forward if it becomes too much of a money grab I may reevaluate if I am going to keep going. The national farm machinery show is a lot closer and it is a one day event for me. I may just go to that, but I think it is a shame that the cost on this keeps rising and rising due to stupid people, making mistakes. Do you want to eliminate the stupid people kick them out, they don’t make everybody else suffer for fans that go to bowling green. None of them look like they are made out of money and neither am I.

Re: Bowling Green Policies and the money aspect October 10, 2023 04:19PM
I have never been there and really don’t intend on going however, in my mind I thought it might work the opposite way and money taken in may stay the same or decline as I don’t see people wanting to spend that kind of money just to party in the campground all week because many people that go don’t ever attend the pull itself so they and their group including those that actually watch may decide to stay home all together, but I do understand the effort to make it more about pulling and less about senseless partying and keeping the idiocy to a minimum as that is the sole reason I and many others don’t even bother going.

Re: Bowling Green Policies and the money aspect October 13, 2023 12:31AM
It is probably going to cost most some extra money by forcing you to buy a weekend pass.in our group there's 3 of us that didn't go to the fri and sat afternoon sessions in 2022 due to the temperature,it was extremely hot that year.i sold my tickets to another person in our group,and I only had to buy the evening sessions,so I saved 44 dollars.now I'm forced to buy a weekend pass..being our spot can clearly see the gate "a" entrance there's quite a few that buy a daily ticket that camp,even 4 in our group,which works out great for them if it rains and the afternoon or both sessions are cancelled,saves those 4 a few bucks...the way I see the problem is the younger people coming in from somewhere else..by doing an over/under age 25 on the event,inside the fence during session times it looks like over 60 percent of the people are over 25...then after the evening session in the 3000-4000 section of the campgrounds it looks like 80 percent are under 25..we have spent 100s of hours cruising on our buggys in the last close to 50 years and when ya get in the back its a invasion of outside youth from somewhere else..I know this wouldn't stop the problem but it would probably help some,when we order our spots ask how many wristbands do you need,thier free,with a matching number of bleacher seats,and yes we get 4 extra seats so we'd have extra bands,but it would be a start to thin the campground chaos.i think eliminating the trailer is going to be tough,limiting the width would be much better,and easy to police..the lawn tractor and trailer is so much more mobile,and the turning radius is much much better than what I'm envisioning that's coming..and yes it'll more than likely cost me over 1k to make our buggy self propelled,and I'm going to.unless the campgrounds is completely fenced in in the 3000-4000 perimeter, the under 25 croud that doesn't attend the pulls,will still be there,there's just no way to watch every person's wrist while after dark,it's impossible..the ones that it are the ones that do purchase a band instead of jumping the fence

Re: Bowling Green Policies and the money aspect October 13, 2023 12:39AM
What it eliminates is the local college kids from showing up and injecting additional party energy.

Essentially eliminating the city boys and letting us country folk continue as normal.

Re: Bowling Green Policies and the money aspect October 13, 2023 04:00AM
Oh, come on you people! This is taking pulling to "the next level".

Re: Bowling Green Policies and the money aspect October 16, 2023 05:59AM
The armband is to replace a full weekend pass which used to consist of 5 individual tickets which the office print, seperate, and stuff into each envelope 2 sets. Then they print all of the ones that go to Kroger stores and ones at the gates. Several pallets worth of printing tickets. Campground armbands basically copy’s many other festivals like country concert in southern Ohio. You can’t access the campground without that band, there aren’t quantity limits. The price is just equal to a full weekend price, the same as what the pullers do for any extra bands beyond what is included in their packet but they are all under the pullers name and they are responsible for signing for the guests they are bringing in. It isn’t prorated likely because then people would just wait till Saturday and pay the minimum and it would just be the mad house it has become. It’s priced at the weekend rate to keep Johnny party from just saying hey a simple cover charge and I can go do whatever I want. The fan that is there for as many actual pulling sessions as they can make and they camp out back nothing changes. The crowd that the party out back has attracted do nothing for the event but give a negative eye to it. It is a tractor pull with a large campgrounds for the fans that attend to stay. It is not a 5 day party that do some reason people disappear a couple times a day. The campground is putting the actual pull in danger. The insurance for such a thing is staggering and when it has a reputation of provable incidents including a couple life flight trips without some changes it goes higher. If it comes down to where it isn’t feasible to afford that liability the campground will disappear. Are there some losers in the situation.. absolutely. Those that can’t get off work or can’t attend Thursday and or Friday sessions will pay for sessions they can’t attend. The people that come for a day and go visit a campground friend between sessions loses that. Complicated choices had to be made, something had to be done. If you where there this year I’m not sure how you could disagree. I for one think it needs to go to the point that every band is numbered and each band is registered to a campsite similar to the puller extra bands. You want in you are registered to a site and the one on that site.is responsible for you. Any incident needing intervention beyond a verbal warning is logged by band/site number. So many incidents to a site and it isn’t eligible for renewal. Sell a site to another and it is logged with the office or you are responsible for who’s using your site. There will be self policing with that policy. Single day and other types of bands would be nice but would require even more manpower that is already hard to come by.

Re: Bowling Green Policies and the money aspect October 16, 2023 10:32PM
2023 was the first time I have been back to bowling green in probably 10 years. I knew going in things wouldn't be the "same" as they were when I was growing up. The show the blue shirts put on was stellar as always... THANK YOU BLUE SHIRTS. the pullers were top notch. THANK YOU PULLERS.... the people and environment were electric Saturday night. I'm not particularly stereotyping.... but one thing was for sure, you could easily pick out the kids that didn't belong. The ignorance of the college kids was through the roof. The incidents I witnessed was more than I could have ever imagined. especially the Saturday night incident on the south side bleachers at the end of the track, I feel for that lady. SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,806, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,960.

Our newest member CBeard