Jake, has pulloff been hacked? October 13, 2023 02:10AM
Jake, when I try to log in via Firefox, I get the following message:

AT&T Internet Security
Phishing page blocked for your protection

Phishing pages attempt to obtain sensitive information such as login credentials or credit card details by disguising as trustworthy entities. The stolen data can be then used for financial gain.
Got It

If you know this page is not dangerous, you can add it to the exceptions list using AT&T Smart Home Manager. Be aware, by adding this site to an exception list you will not be warned about any threats existing on this page in the future.

Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 13, 2023 01:19PM
Why can't I access pulloff on Chrome? Neither laptop or phone works. Used a different browser and was able to get to here.... I've cleared cookies, cache, etc. Looks like others are having problems too

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 13, 2023 03:14PM
Same problem for me.

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 13, 2023 03:24PM
I get that issue on my phone but my tablet works fine.

S'no Farmer

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 14, 2023 01:12AM
Same here, chrome on my phone doesn't work, but an alternate browser does. I sent a PM to one of the Morgan's, no response.

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 14, 2023 01:17AM
Chrome works on my phone but not on pc. Firefox works, but see other email. I can't sign in on pc w/Firefox. Makes me wonder if Pulloff is hacked.

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 14, 2023 04:27AM
Some web bowsers for security purposes may require a web address with a suffix of https instead of the preciously used http.
Pulloffs address is [www.pulloff.com] and it may be getting flagged by those browsers.
Pulloff has not been hacked.
I use firefox, brave, and chrome as my browsers of choice across my devices and havent had any issue getting on pulloff.

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 14, 2023 07:31AM
As Bryan said, some browsers (especially Chrome) add an "s" to the web address. Certain browsers automatically put:
https://www.pulloff.com
but it should only be:
http://www.pulloff.com/
It's a really minor thing, but it's causing tons of problems. There is no "s" in the address. If you remove the "s" the page will load normally. My advice is to bookmark the page without the "s" and you should be set (or use a different browser). Google (Chrome) is trying to force the entire internet to a secure website protocol (even though Chrome is not secure... which is why I won't use Chrome). I'm planning on switching the site over, but honestly it's pretty low on my priority list in life. I don't have anyone's credit card info or any other personal info or data so there's no real need for me to make the change other than the annoying error messages.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 15, 2023 04:56PM
I did the [pulloff.com]. says the same still using chrome

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 16, 2023 12:18AM
Your post is pretty vague... what exactly does it say? What error message are you getting and does it give you a warning screen (something telling you that you are entering an unsecure website)?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 19, 2023 09:57AM
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource

No matter if I have no S or if there is one. on chrome

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 19, 2023 11:38AM
same here, had been working at shop laptop, but not at house. Yesterday computer updated itself and now no more pulloff on chrome. Using edge seems to work.

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 19, 2023 11:18PM
I don't use Chrome (nobody should because of Googles lack of privacy) but I did just download the latest version to test this morning. It AUTOMATICALLY added the "s" to the address and I got the 404 error (you have to double click on the address to see the "s".. I removed the "s" and hit Enter and it AUTOMATICALLY added it back in again! I did it a third time and it finally worked. (I'm actually using the latest version of Chrome to write this post just to make sure it works)

I found these instructions online:

How to stop Google Chrome from automatically redirecting to HTTPS
- In a new browser tab, enter URL: chrome://net-internals/#hsts
- Scroll down to "Delete domain security policies" and enter pulloff.com

There are numerous work arounds for this but the easiest is to just use a better browser. Brave is my browser of choice because it's secure and private. However, Firefox, DuckDuckGo, Opera, Microsoft Edge are probably all better options than Chrome.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Can't access pulloff on Chrome? "404 forbidden" October 16, 2023 05:25AM
This fixed it for me thanks.

Learned Something New October 14, 2023 03:46PM
Thanks for the explanation and the workaround.

Re: Learned Something New October 20, 2023 01:56PM
I had trouble also.

I went with Microsoft and now I'm back in....thanks Jake !

Re: Learned Something New October 23, 2023 05:25AM
I confirmed again today that removing the "s" is a viable workaround in Chrome.

The HTTP vs HTTPS Problem November 10, 2023 04:02AM
Has sure cut down on my reading time.

Re: The HTTP vs HTTPS Problem November 10, 2023 10:05AM
Bookmark the correct variation of the page url and — Voilà — problem solved!

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: The HTTP vs HTTPS Problem November 10, 2023 11:34AM
John Murray
Bookmark the correct variation of the page url and — Voilà — problem solved!

I have to change browsers; Chrome just puts the "S" back on.... you can't get here using Chrome

Re: The HTTP vs HTTPS Problem November 12, 2023 03:45AM
I have the same experience as Mark. Have to use a completely different browser to look at this site. Since all my bookmarks are saved on Chrome, I almost never come here anymore. Maybe this winter I will move everything over to new browser but I personally have not had any problem with Chrome. Still enjoy the site, keep up the good work.

Re: The HTTP vs HTTPS Problem November 12, 2023 09:57AM
I just posted this using Chrome, no problem for me.

Re: The HTTP vs HTTPS Problem November 12, 2023 12:28PM
Good for you. The fact remains its a hassle to get to this site and the lower traffic is very obvious.

Re: The HTTP vs HTTPS Problem November 12, 2023 02:06PM
Currently... Chrome on the computer works fine if you bookmark the page with HTTP instead of HTTPS... but it doesn't work the same on some phones with the latest update of Chrome.

Yeah, it's a bit a a annoyance... but it's a super, super, super/easy workaround.... use Brave, Chrome is crap and unsecure. When the workaround is better than the stock browser it seems like a no-brainer.

As for page traffic, it's always lower this time of year... harvest is finishing and there's no real pulling news to talk about. This has been a trend for the past 26 years of doing this page, nothing new for November to be a bit slower. The sky is not falling.

Just download the Brave browser and stop using Chrome... it take roughly 30 seconds to copy your bookmarks and everything else over...

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2023 02:07PM by Jake Morgan.

trouble logging into pulloff from Anroid November 02, 2023 11:45PM
Anyone else having trouble logging into pulloff.com from an Android phone?

Re: trouble logging into pulloff from Anroid November 03, 2023 12:34AM
Yes. Mine won't work at all.

Re: trouble logging into pulloff from Anroid November 03, 2023 11:38AM
It's not Android... it's Google Chrome. There's a whole long thread here about it: [www.pulloff.com]

As Bryan said, try Brave browser from the Play store

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: trouble logging into pulloff from Anroid November 03, 2023 03:51AM
Download the web browser named Brave in Google Play. You shpuld have no issues logging in through that browser.

Re: trouble logging into pulloff from Anroid November 03, 2023 11:38PM
DuckDuckGo was my workaround. I did everything possible to make Chrome work properly. Simply will not accept your web address.

Re: trouble logging into pulloff from Anroid November 05, 2023 04:16AM
Yup brave does work but I'd say someone needs to fix this so that Google works which is what everyone uses. But then again I'm no tech guru

Re: trouble logging into pulloff from Anroid November 05, 2023 11:26AM
I'm no tech guru either. Google is forcing ALL websites to a secure protocol. I'd love to switch the website over to https but that takes time. I've got tons of projects going on and very little spare time. I'm hoping to make the switch at some point but I have no idea when. Until then people will have to just work around it.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Site is blocked December 18, 2023 07:10AM
This may have been covered before, if so, I apologize.
Both of my computers will now not connect to this site. I can access from my phone or iPad though.
What can I do to remedy this?

Re: Site is blocked December 18, 2023 07:49AM
Take the “s” out of “https://“ when typing in the address or change browsers. Most people have had the issue on Google Chrome

Re: Site is blocked December 18, 2023 07:52AM
Download the app/browser named Brave and use it to access the site. My phone did an update last week and Chrome became useless to access Pulloff. I already had Brave dowmloaded and didn't miss a beat.

Re: Site is blocked December 18, 2023 09:10AM
I had been getting around it by using edge thats on my computer, so it worked ok for a few weeks. Then it didn't, tried taking the S off and it just put it back on. So I used dukduk and found the thread on here that mentioned brave, and I loaded it in and it came in blocked until I manually removed the S and now it works fine again. I can definitely tell the traffic is way down on here since this all went down lol! Prolly good not as many items for sale Lmao! Thanks again for all you do Morgans!

Re: Site is blocked January 30, 2024 10:20PM
Seems to be a problem now with Microsoft Edge as a browser. ugh.

Re: Site is blocked January 31, 2024 01:21AM
On your phone or PC?

I'm using Microsoft Edge on my PC to post this message.... you need to remove the "s" from https in the website address (it should be http). As a side note: I'm only using Edge to test this site... I use Brave as a browser and you should too.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Jake, has pulloff been hacked? March 16, 2024 01:17AM
Apparently this is still a problem for some. Getting some free pub on the agtalk page though.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520