Moving 9 bolt wheel centers October 25, 2023 05:57AM
Just wondering what the most common method is to move the centers in 9 bolt steel rims. Finding a set with the correct offset is like finding a needle in a haystack! Thanks for any input someone may have on this.

Re: Moving 9 bolt wheel centers October 25, 2023 10:51AM
Depending what they are going on, I just bought new light rings, and then new centers. Move them where you want, spin them on the tractor to make sure they run true, and weld.

Re: Moving 9 bolt wheel centers October 25, 2023 11:17AM
If they are old style wheels where the center is riveted to the rim, I used a cutoff wheel removed the rivets and beat out the centers.
If they are spot welded rims, I have drilled out the spot weld and beat the rims out.
I have also used a cutting torch or a plasma cutter to remove the centers, takes patience and a little luck.
Then I placed the centers where I wanted them and welded them into the rims, also repaired any bad spots.

Re: Moving 9 bolt wheel centers October 25, 2023 03:03PM
Where did u buy rims a centers from ??

Re: Moving 9 bolt wheel centers October 29, 2023 02:39AM
Most any farm tire store can get them, or some bigger salvage lots sell new wheels also

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,652, Posts: 229,727, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,069, Posts: 225,914.

Our newest member JD_8520