My usual ramblings November 07, 2023 08:45AM
A couple things that I have been thinking about lately. Tractor pulling did great for years staying out of the "tire" issues that has plagued the other motorsports in the US. Now it seems that tires have become a major problem in several classes, why? There is no need for this self made problem. The tire issue is simple, stop making it so complicated. First, for every class have two basic measurements, width and circumference and measure them at the TRACK. Stop outlawing tire manufacturers, allow the pullers to run the tire that they want. Stop alienating potential sponsors.

I find the PPL hiring of Larry Richwine to be a positive move for PPL in general and the sport overall.

The other issue is this crazy 25 per class rule. What is this "woke approach" for pulling that the NTPA seems to want to mandate. Pulling has always been about the luck of the draw. If there are several events that have more than 25 vehicles in a class, over time it should work out so every puller will move up and down on class order.
Do not have this class within a class, that's the NASCAR approach and we all know how well that's working. In fact what ever NASCAR does, do the opposite and it will work out just fine. So pulling management needs to STOP micro managing the sport.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: My usual ramblings November 07, 2023 09:31AM
I agree 100% Dick.

Re: My usual ramblings November 09, 2023 01:30AM
I'd like to second the thought that I 100% agree with you.

On the 25 per class rule I just think sometimes we need to stop making new rules and stop changing things. Who complained about this and brought it up in the first place? Any type of real competitor wouldn't want this. If you're truly the best of the best you should believe you can win from any hook and that you can win the points without having to change the rules to odd things like this.

I've argued for years that BG needs to be a Non sanctioned event, this rule just solidifies that for me. I'm not here to bad mouth the NTPA but the fact of the matter is that The National Tractor Pulling Championship does not need the NTPA. The NTPA needs the National Tractor Pulling Championship. As someone who lives close and would eventually like to become a blue shirt this would be one of the things I'd be willing to stand on a table and jump up and down about.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009