OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 15, 2023 02:57AM
Was hearing rumors this past season that OSTPA is considering have Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock for 2024 season and was seeing if that is true?

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 15, 2023 05:27AM
I've heard 5.0, CSS, LLSS and HF all rumored over the past couple years. My question is...is it needed? OSTPA already offers 9 classes. I would say pick 1 between LLSS or HF if they do add a class to make it 5 tractor classes and 5 truck classes and to give some more variety(tire size, cubes or fuels). Neither class is quite a budget starter class but are more economical than the other tractor classes. Kinda like the 3.0 class for trucks but they are still expensive too and put on a great show.

Would love to see LLSS November 15, 2023 06:34AM
That would be the class to add

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 15, 2023 08:29AM
Classic Super, Light Lim Super and 5.0 Pro were all shot down last year. I think OSTPA has six quality classes, TWD which I don’t care about, the joke that is the mod class and the joke that is their Super Stock class. There were only a few decent Super classes last year but most of the tractors they get are just plain terrible. Adding LLSS would not change anything for me choosing events to go to. I also don’t know how many Hot Farms are across Ohio because there are none near me in NE Ohio since we have Classic Super/DivisionV.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 15, 2023 02:21PM
No Hot Farms in NE Ohio?? You might want to climb out from under that rock you live underneath there sir.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 15, 2023 02:38PM
I know of Little Bro and Big Daddy…and there are a couple more spotty ones but who all is there in NEO…inform us…

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 15, 2023 09:56AM
OSTPA is a great product. no need to ruin that with LLSS

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 04:17AM
OSTPA has a great product? They had 5 class shows with 20ish vehicles, how is that a great product. The NTPA is smart enough to offer CSS & LLSS, and they are able to have good R2 shows. OSTPA probably won't offer them because they know that if they did the fairs would book those instead of their classes that show up with 4 vehicles.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 15, 2023 11:01PM
I would love to see OSTPA consider CSS or an affordable Hot Farm class. I do have to agree with the statement of OSTPA'S superstock class is a joke. it really is. even the Pro Stock class is the same way. Let's face it, for Ohio being the "hot bed" of pro stock the state level suffers. I know the argument is going to be brought up that there are good tractors that show up every now and then.... If i go to a pull, I don't want to just see two teams battling it out. If it wasn't for Deppen and Smith, that class would have been a booked no show at multiple events. same way with their semi class. it seems they need to just rename that class the Gene Dunn circus.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 12:07AM
Chip42, just FYI, Little Bro and Big Daddy will not likely pass tech at an NTPA Hot Farm pull. I believe They run with USA East and they have some goofy rules over their, such as being allowed 600 cubic Inches, where with NTPA the hot farms are only allowed 510. I would guess that if OSTPA would add a hot farm class, that it would be a 510 class? Just for the record, I'm not saying that Carl and Kent are 600 Inches, maybe they are, maybe not? They are good guys and I am certain that they are legal within the rules of where they pull, I was just stating that they run with an organization that has different rules that some of the older organizations have with similar named classes. I would love to see OSTPA have a smaller cubic inch class with rules such as NTPA Hot Farm.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 01:01AM
They ran a good amount of NTPA this year. I also agree on Hot Farms being a good class to add. NTPA and PPL both have had good success getting numbers in the class…and just look at the Midwest winternationals…there are tons of hot farms and more being built every year. I like the rule set they have and I think if OSTPA started offering the class they would get a good small group that would follow the first year and get people that pull certain events to stop in from time to time. I also would see it taking off…I would say that people would build for the class.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 04:15AM
They are legal I pull with both guys kent and Carl they beat me I beat them we are prob the only ones legal in the class to tell you the truth I wish they did check every hook on stuff bunch of cry baby’s anymore

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 05:58AM
Adam smith wild child express
They are legal I pull with both guys kent and Carl they beat me I beat them we are prob the only ones legal in the class to tell you the truth I wish they did check every hook on stuff bunch of cry baby’s anymore
Adam, as I said, I am certain that they were legal for competition where they pull, again they are good guys and it sounds like you are too. I agree that there are a lot of cry babies in this sport, some believe that just because they can't catch the top 3 or 4 tractors in the class that they think yall are cheating. I know of some that believe that "they know that you are cheating because they are cheating and because you beat them you MUST be cheating more!" Instead of just getting better themselves within the rules and bringing a better game they choose to cry and complain!

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 12:02PM
Why does possible OSTPA hot farm rules need to be what ntpa rules are ? The only reason ntpa has 510 cube limit is probably cause a bunch of small block guys that should just stay 466 think they are keeping bbjd and some others out . Wrong bbjd can be 510 cubes ! Classic super stock is basically only in neo unless you are spending you money promoting ntpa . hot farm is northeast Ohio and southeast Ohio as well and very popular . Check out Lucas oil hot farm and southeastern Ohio pullers and find out . Hot farm seems to be growing very well with out promoting ntpa or ostpa . Hot farm is not going away. And when you css guys get tired of the bull @#$%& turbo issues expensive tire limits hot farm will be waiting for you . Plenty of turbo options and more places to pull . And if you been to any quote farm stock classes well lol they are not farm behind hot farm just missing some well needed safety updates but after all it is farm stock

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 03:47PM
One Hott Farmer
Why does possible OSTPA hot farm rules need to be what ntpa rules are ? The only reason ntpa has 510 cube limit is probably cause a bunch of small block guys that should just stay 466 think they are keeping bbjd and some others out . Wrong bbjd can be 510 cubes ! Classic super stock is basically only in neo unless you are spending you money promoting ntpa . hot farm is northeast Ohio and southeast Ohio as well and very popular . Check out Lucas oil hot farm and southeastern Ohio pullers and find out . Hot farm seems to be growing very well with out promoting ntpa or ostpa . Hot farm is not going away. And when you css guys get tired of the bull @#$%& turbo issues expensive tire limits hot farm will be waiting for you . Plenty of turbo options and more places to pull . And if you been to any quote farm stock classes well lol they are not farm behind hot farm just missing some well needed safety updates but after all it is farm stock

Just a question, why does "Hot Farm" need to be 600 inches? As far as the comment about 510s should stay 466, I couldn't agree more. By the way, where in Ohio are farm stocks running like hot farms? I'd like to see them pull.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 11:13PM
600 cube I believe is just a round number that includes about all set ups other than 640 cubes . 540 is a good number 572 is a popular small block easily obtainable number . Anything over 466 is $$ no mater what combination you might have to stroke your crankshaft or bore your block other than run 466 stock parts not sure why they pic 600 . Maybe it’s simple and not so argumentive who knows . And not every tractor in a cube limit class is maxed out to that limit . Where in Ohio are farm stocks running like hot farms you ask? Anywhere they have a pull that does not have rules. Or mostly they have a farm stock mph/speed limit class then a X amount of weight open class or some call it unchecked. Little be known there is tractor pulling going on all summer other than on the pull off page and you tube . A big thumbs up to those that spend a lot of time and money to post videos of pullers !It seems a lot of people don’t get out .we all have busy schedules . Regardless, of which class hot farm, or like llss. They both seem to be growing very well without ntpa or ostpa . And if you have a lot of money to donate to those organizations and drive everywhere, any day of the week to be there which is awesome don’t get me wrong. Then you have enough money you’re really not worried about the cubic inch limit. Just hit that number and come up with the best of the best as they say. All bullshit aside if you’re like, I don’t want to say most, but let’s say a lot of working people that Friday Saturday Sunday is their day even if they have to leave early or take a day off it’s their day to go pull . And all of us have that budget usually, but farm stock/ unchecked farm /classic super stock /light limited super stock/, hot farm and some super farm. Limited pro are the workingman’s friend. In Ohio and western pa . There is more tractor pulling going on around here than anywhere in the country that is close to home for that area. So all being said there is a 510 NTPA hot farm class or somewhere I guess they pull it in that area but rarely seen and you have the classic super stocks that are the class filler for the NT PA but rarely anywhere else, but Lucas oil . I know I’ve said a lot of crap but maybe to sum it up it seems a lot of people that post on here must only go to Canfield or Bowling Green, or a Toma etc to watch tractor pulling They seem oblivious to all of the lower level, hard-working pullers that haven’t made it that far or choose not to and are happy where they’re at thumbs up to all those guys and gals. . keep up the good work keep on keeping on keep growing in these organizations will come to you wanting you to join them instead of one or two top pullers trying to drag the rest of the world into their organization.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 16, 2023 11:31PM
Best thing that can be done is drop the Hot Farm, CSS, LLSS, 4.1, 5.0, and every other I want a trophy also class in a bucket an forget they every existed. Way, Way , Way to many classes.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 17, 2023 01:13AM
Not many people want to pay that much money to get a family in to the event, money need to sit in the stands at the event money to go into the pits and walk around, adds up really fast just to watch a limited amount of vehicles in each class if all you’re going to have is prostock tractors ulimited modified, big rigg semi maybe 5 in each class and diesel pickups. One can spend their money doing something else, which does not help the promoter and watch it in a week or two on the big screen at home.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 17, 2023 03:05AM
Wow, the best thing that "One hott farmer" said was: "I know I’ve said a lot of crap."
Yeah, no doubt. He sure comes across as pulling's best arrogant expert.
Such as:
1) "The only reason ntpa has 510 cube limit is probably cause a bunch of small block guys that should just stay 466 think they are keeping bbjd and some others out ."
You obviously do not know the history of Hot Farm. That class, like the Pro Stock's, originated here in Indiana in the late '70's, I do not recall the exact year, but I think about 1977. They had quite the local circuit back then and some of those founding pullers still pull today. The reason for 510 is very simple. It allowed the Case 504 and more specifically the Perkins 510 V-8 MF's. And we still have both of those brands competing today successfully in IPL (Indiana Pulling League, which is the club via different club names that traces its roots back to that late '70's founding) Hot Farm.
1) "There is more tractor pulling going on around here than anywhere in the country that is close to home for that area."
Really?? How do you know that? You insinuate that there is hardly any pulling going on anywhere else in the country.
I am not lacking for a choice of pulling where to go most any night of the summer pulling season 7 day week that is within a 3 hour driving radius.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 17, 2023 05:10AM
a lil' history
Wow, the best thing that "One hott farmer" said was: "I know I’ve said a lot of crap."
Yeah, no doubt. He sure comes across as pulling's best arrogant expert.
Such as:
1) "The only reason ntpa has 510 cube limit is probably cause a bunch of small block guys that should just stay 466 think they are keeping bbjd and some others out ."
You obviously do not know the history of Hot Farm. That class, like the Pro Stock's, originated here in Indiana in the late '70's, I do not recall the exact year, but I think about 1977. They had quite the local circuit back then and some of those founding pullers still pull today. The reason for 510 is very simple. It allowed the Case 504 and more specifically the Perkins 510 V-8 MF's. And we still have both of those brands competing today successfully in IPL (Indiana Pulling League, which is the club via different club names that traces its roots back to that late '70's founding) Hot Farm.
1) "There is more tractor pulling going on around here than anywhere in the country that is close to home for that area."
Really?? How do you know that? You insinuate that there is hardly any pulling going on anywhere else in the country.
I am not lacking for a choice of pulling where to go most any night of the summer pulling season 7 day week that is within a 3 hour driving radius.

Does IPL allow the fuel the tractor ran from the factory (ie- gas, lp/propane for molines, etc)?

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 17, 2023 01:28PM
"questionasker", I have not seen IPL rules. My answer is based on observation. Farm Stock 10 mph = Yes. King of the Hill 15 mph = I'm not certain. There might be a propane MM G1000 that pulled their Farm Stock that may have moved to this class. Hot Farms are all diesel. Light and Limited PS are combined in 1 class and use NTPA rules.
My observation may be wrong versus their actual rules. Phone their president Richard Crowell or vice president Joe Moore, as both are easy to talk with.
They do a great job with their facebook.

Re: OSTPA Hot Farm and Light Limited Super Stock? November 17, 2023 01:30PM
Just to be clear. Ever new class, or to get rid of a class in OSTPA, has to be voted on by the membership.
Plus, more then likely, a title sponsor for the class would need to be in place for that to happen

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520