Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes November 21, 2023 04:40AM
Super stocks are a necessary class. 3 different versions is not.

Modifieds are a necessary class. 3 different versions (4 counting RN) is not.

Pro Stock is a necessary class. One additional single charger class is a necessary stepping stone class. Having variiants for every ci limit and turbo size is not.

TWD and FWD are necessary classes. Minis are not, with the added sled expense for just one class,
but they have enough participation to warrant a seat at the table.

A diesel FWD class is necessary. Classes for any 0.1"difference in turbo size is not.

Semis are unnecessary.

LLSS is marginally necessary as a stepping stone class. With better SS rules, could be unnecessary.

You want to consolidate, this is a blueprint.

Re: Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes, are there really to many classes? November 21, 2023 05:43AM
I think that the statement that pulling has to many classes needs to be looked at. It's really a 2 fold issue. Yes, at the national level I have to agree, we don't need to add anymore classes to an already confusing mixture of classes. While I understand that when an organization has multiple event back to back they need to have enough vehicles (classes) to fill several shows at the same time. And when a show is billed as a "national" show just bringing in 4 Semi's and calling it a "national" show is rather disingenuous. Any event that is billed as a "national" event should run at least 75% of the classes from there national classes. National pulling does not need to add more classes to an already bloated list of classes that sometimes only have 4 or 5 vehicles show up.

However on the flip side of the same issue is state/regional pulling. Without the HF, Lt.PS, 4.1, LLSS, 2 engine mod, and so on there is NO state/regional pulling, none, zero. With the present rules in PS, DSS, 4 and 5 engine mods ect. they have made those classes out of the reach of the local puller. Which really is the central issue here. Pulling needs the high HP, exotic vehicles that fans can only see at a national event. And pulling also needs the more affordable classes that run at the local fairs and state shows. There is room and a need for both, they just need to play is separate sand boxes.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes, are there really to many classes? November 21, 2023 08:35AM
You are ALMOST right. check out Badgser Sate prostock.

Re: Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes, are there really to many classes? November 21, 2023 09:14AM
DD. I have to agree that Badger State and OSTPA have a pretty good PS class. Not sure of any other organizations that have decent numbers in the class.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes, are there really to many classes? November 21, 2023 10:21PM
Have you been to an OSTPA pull recently? Their pro stock class sucks. plain and simple. a class mostly made up between two families. 5 tractors between the two and usually the only ones that show up.

Re: Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes November 21, 2023 06:05AM
"I think that the statement that pulling has to many classes needs to be looked at. It's really a 2 fold issue. Yes, at the national level I have to agree, we don't need to add anymore classes to an already confusing mixture of classes."

"However on the flip side of the same issue is state/regional pulling. Without the HF, Lt.PS, 4.1, LLSS, 2 engine mod, and so on there is NO state/regional pulling, none, zero."

Truthful and factual statements right there. Well said.

Re: Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes November 21, 2023 08:25AM
Why can't 4 wd drive gas trucks pull a mini sled?

Re: Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes November 21, 2023 02:23PM
josh
Why can't 4 wd drive gas trucks pull a mini sled?

They can because I've seen it happen. A bigger question is can the mini sled stop them? I've seen the mini sleds not be able to stop gas 4wd trucks also.

Re: Trimming the fat: Eliminating unnecessary classes November 22, 2023 05:45AM
The weight is the limiting factor on the trucks pulling the mini sled. Minis are higher horsepower than the trucks but don't have the weight to put the power to the track and move the big sled. 4x4 trucks are lower horsepower but have more wheels turning and more weight to put the horsepower down.

I disagree with the semi being unnecessary. I know shows where people show up just for the semis even if there are only 2 or 3. I miss the days of Burney Pigeon, Larry Carey, Greg Hibitz, JR Collins.

Minis also seem to be a big draw wherever you go but like you said they need a different sled just for one class.

I agree with Dick there are too many National classes. There should be a difference between what you see at a National event and a state/regional/local event. That being said the National events need the boosted numbers for a good show using the local guys and the local guys need to have there playbook together and wallet open to compete against the national guys when they show up at a smaller events thus pushing out the smaller budget teams. 2 edged sword that hurts our sport.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason