Back up camera December 06, 2023 10:57AM
Back up camera was a topic on here 2 years ago. Does anyone have any updated recommendations?

Re: Back up camera December 11, 2023 03:23AM
I appreciate to see more of them. Having still this assistance by a person which walk infront of the vehicle to give guidance by handsigns seems quite unprofessional nowadays. It feels that it takes too long and lead to a suboptimal result (accuracy). I like the slim and flexible drivers, which are still able to turn their head and look back for themselves to back the thing up. The others shall either use kinda camera system, or some sort of flippable small mirrows at the side or top end of the ROP, a bit alike the ones in the 2nd WW fighter planes. As said, speed up and more accurate.

Re: Back up camera December 11, 2023 09:08AM
Have not installed one onto pulling tractor yet but just went through this with adding one to a Polaris Ranger.

Camera

Installed this camera. The camera works very well in direct daylight as well as darkness, The screen is bright enough to see during the day and dimmable for night. The image quality is very good and with a little fab the monitor can mount in many different orientations. You can run multiple cameras through one screen up to four i believe. They can be wired to turn on with reverse lights or wired hot all the time. Hopefully this helps.

Re: Back up camera December 11, 2023 11:01AM
Back up girls and guys are a long time fixture in NHRA. Haven’t heard that referred to as being unprofessional. I can’t turn my head far enough to look behind me when I have my straps fastened, even if they are still loose, as I have more of a containment type seat with sides on it around the rib cage. I don’t see a huge number of guys having to pull up and respot the vehicle, Sotheby’s back up people must be doing a decent job.
Besides, everybody wants to see Rona back Ken in.

Re: Back up camera December 13, 2023 12:25PM
I had a decent rear view camera on my tractor and had varying success. If the sun was to your back, it washed out the picture. Sun to your front, could barely see it. Night vision? Not as great… but when it did work, was very nice to see how close I was to center and how far from the sled I was. Unfortunately, I removed it because it hurt more than it helped most of the time. I will say though that even if it’s not used for backing to the sled, it was nice to be able to turn on the camera in the pits to make sure no one was behind me when rolling out of the trailer. If you’re going to do it, make sure you buy a nice camera or you’ll regret it. Just sharing my experiences.

Re: Back up camera December 13, 2023 03:18PM
I put them on both of our modifieds and still have someone off to the side of me directing me back. I use the camera to see how close I am to the sled while glancing back and forth. I can back to the sled with more confidence and faster when I know where it is.

Re: Back up camera December 19, 2023 12:07PM
I have one on our modified. It’s the autovox brand. I think it works pretty good. You just have to be real careful when you’re backing up and the sun is also behind you.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,639, Posts: 229,705, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520