Light Pro and Limited Pro December 27, 2023 12:54PM
When is Bowling Green going to have Light Pro and Limited Pro? Also when are they going to make Light Pro and Limited Pro a grand national class?

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 27, 2023 02:21PM
BG already has enough classes and those classes wont be on the schedule until the sanctioning body decides to make them a national class. It may come down to limiting entries to keep from pulling until 2am if they go national.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 28, 2023 12:22PM
I enjoyed the last st class to hook at bg.more than some gn classes

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 28, 2023 12:29AM
Pro
When is Bowling Green going to have Light Pro and Limited Pro? Also when are they going to make Light Pro and Limited Pro a grand national class?

I sincerely hope the answer to both questions is: NEVER

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 28, 2023 12:52AM
I guess the first question is do either Lt.PS or 4.1 want to be a national class. And will the organizations drop a class off their national classification list to add either one of them?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 28, 2023 01:34AM
how do i tell the difference between a lt pro and a 4.1, oh wait i know, YOU CAN"t, i know what the ss tractors look like and i know what the open ss look like and the superfarms too and also the 10 pro's, it is impossible too tell the difference between lt.pro and 10 pro, and the 4.1's look and act like super farms, so why would you want those in a grand national show make a superfarm and you are in the national show, thats what i see from the bleechers, what next, the arca cars whining that the want to run with the cup cars on sunday, just be happy that you have a tractor to pull and most of us that want one have none.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 28, 2023 06:47AM
Stupidity is shining bright today!

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 28, 2023 12:55PM
mc
how do i tell the difference between a lt pro and a 4.1, oh wait i know, YOU CAN"t, i know what the ss tractors look like and i know what the open ss look like and the superfarms too and also the 10 pro's, it is impossible too tell the difference between lt.pro and 10 pro, and the 4.1's look and act like super farms, so why would you want those in a grand national show make a superfarm and you are in the national show, thats what i see from the bleechers, what next, the arca cars whining that the want to run with the cup cars on sunday, just be happy that you have a tractor to pull and most of us that want one have none.

Gonna be hard to help this one….

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 29, 2023 02:03AM
BG should not be for starter classes. Get rid of the SF's as well.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 05, 2024 01:40AM
OG
BG should not be for starter classes. Get rid of the SF's as well.

Why do you not like Super Farms? They are not a starter class! Why doesn't anybody remember that Super Farms were Grand National Level as far back as 2000! Does that not mean anything?! The class is more competitive than most, the distances are very close, the numbers are very big.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 05, 2024 06:42AM
I enjoy watching superfarms,yes even 70.the only gn class left that's stuck to its roots

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 28, 2023 01:02PM
I’ll answer but in reverse order. When are they going to make them a GN class? When and if they feel they can get enough in the class that would travel all over the Midwest consistently and they could “sell” the class to promoters.. there are so many “similar” tractor classes to them that have been around longer. The other question is. Where would you park them at BG? Like seriously there is no room left unless you were to change class schedules and force earlier finishing classes to leave after completion. The other way is eliminating a class. Which one and why?

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 29, 2023 12:33AM
For me the question boils down to aren't both the light pro and limited pro classes meant to be "cheaper" classes at a regional level for people who don't want to have a pro stock level price tag or travel demands?

I'm pretty sure these classes were both intended to be regional classes and should stay that way. This site like to talk about how to grow pulling and adding another one charger class to the Grand National level or a BG type pull is the exact opposite of a way to grow the sport. Its a way to bore the fans and lose interest.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 29, 2023 02:58AM
BrandonA, Prostock and superfarm were lower budget classes. Light pro is the the third most powerful single charger class offered then 4.1, then hot farm, then superfarm. Not sure how adding a more powerful class would “bore” the fans as you put it?

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro December 29, 2023 04:24PM
If expense makes you GN, light pro is probably the third most expensive diesel tractor class in pulling. (One team admitted to spending more than a GN super puller)
If going by horsepower, light pro is the definitely the third most in diesel tractor pulling.
If going by number of active competitors throughout the countryin diesel tractors, I'm guessing third??
If going by number of combined regional hooks from NTPA. #1!
Conclusion NTPA can't lose light pros at regional level cause who else is going to fill their spot?

No changes will be made until its too late!

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 02, 2024 11:44AM
Technically silver series is a national class. Light & limited pros travel all over the country already. I'd much rather watch a stout class of the 30 best light or limited pros then to go to Bowling Green and watch a small handful of really good superstocks, and then bunch of tractors 50 feet behind them. Im not putting down regional/ less hp supers by any means but more times than not there is a drastic difference. If you mix together the top regional light or limited pros with silver series, outlaws, east coast, badger state, etc you could put a collective class of 20 or 30 tractors that realistically anybody could win. Competition is what will grow the sport in my opinion.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 02, 2024 12:27AM
Faith no more
BrandonA, Prostock and superfarm were lower budget classes. Light pro is the the third most powerful single charger class offered then 4.1, then hot farm, then superfarm. Not sure how adding a more powerful class would “bore” the fans as you put it?

It will bore the fans because the average fan doesn't have interest in watching 4 single charger classes when they are too dumb to know the difference between classes. The casual fans that don't understand the difference are ultimately what we need to grow the sport. Gotta draw people in. This is the exact opposite of accomplishing that.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 02, 2024 05:37AM
I totally disagree with you. No promoter would schedule 4 hooded classes at the same show. In fact there is only 1 NTPA event ( BG) that has all NTPA GN classes. I believe the Klint and Company have shown that there is definitely a place for a show that features mostly hooded classes. In fact organizations need multiple classes to fill several shows on the same dates. I'm not advocating the NTPA nor PPL need to add Lt. PS or Lmt. Ps classes. However time will come when they will add one or both to their national lineup.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 02, 2024 06:23AM
Dick Morgan
I totally disagree with you. No promoter would schedule 4 hooded classes at the same show. In fact there is only 1 NTPA event ( BG) that has all NTPA GN classes. I believe the Klint and Company have shown that there is definitely a place for a show that features mostly hooded classes. In fact organizations need multiple classes to fill several shows on the same dates. I'm not advocating the NTPA nor PPL need to add Lt. PS or Lmt. Ps classes. However time will come when they will add one or both to their national lineup.

GALOT Motorsports Park 2023.... GN Open Supers, Light Supers, Super Farms, RN Light Pro's.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 02, 2024 06:51AM
Yes, alot of events will run a mixture of Regional/State classes, however only BG runs all NTPA GN classes.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 12, 2024 12:48PM
I just wonder how many more pro type classes we can add or have, pros, 5.0 pro, limited pros, light pros super farm, hot farms, Plus all the brush classes just to mention a few , to hot to farm, alter farm, pro farm. My point is all hooded diesel classes, for the most part all look the same, and to the average go to a couple pulls a year spectator can’t tell a difference. Really how many these classes is needed? Is it for the betterment of the sport, to improve fan base? Or is is self serving overall so everyone can have rules that they like.

Re: Light Pro and Limited Pro January 12, 2024 01:40PM
Your last sentence! Definitely that!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520