Structuring a pulling club? January 01, 2024 12:41PM
What is the best way to go about forming and structuring a pulling club/group? Any and all advice appreciated!

Re: Structuring a pulling club? January 02, 2024 10:40AM
I've been heavily involved with three pulling clubs. Having seen it done both ways I will say that the best way to do it is have a board that has final say on the rules. Otherwise, and I saw this happen multiple times, pullers will vote for what they want regardless of whether it's the best thing for the club or even their own class. They don't intentionally try to hurt the club but have trouble seeing the big picture a lot of times. That would be my advice.

Re: Structuring a pulling club? January 02, 2024 02:28PM
I agree and thank you for the input, do you have any idea how to go about actually forming a legitimate club? LLC? Organization? Talk to a lawyer?

Re: Structuring a pulling club? January 03, 2024 07:59AM
I would suggest an LLC. The ones I've been involved with were that. You can find pretty much everything online you need to get one setup and save a lawyer fee.

Re: Structuring a pulling club? January 04, 2024 04:56AM
I was trying to figure out how to say the same thing. The board or decision makers need to be people that are not concerned with there own agenda for a class or there tractor. Make sure rule meetings process and changes are clearly set out in the by laws. Biggest issues, heart aches, and fighting in my club is the rules processes.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,629, Posts: 229,692, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,900.

Our newest member JD_8520