Kentucky Invitational January 06, 2024 03:21PM
What a mess! How sad that you can’t even go to a pull to watch a good pull you have to sit and watch a bunch of grown adults act like fools on the track. Pullers should act like they have more sense than that! It is something all the time with the TNT events. They are constantly fussing and fighting. Should have kept my money in my pocket like the rest of the crowd that did not show up!

Re: Kentucky Invitational January 06, 2024 06:27PM
Inquiring minds want to know, care to share ?

Re: Kentucky Invitational January 06, 2024 07:06PM
Looks like a pretty good crowd to me.

And we rant and rave about "growing the sport" and "next level" and "blah blah blah"

Might I suggest that the true grown up thing to do is to sign your name and "gasp" offer constructive criticism when you see a legitimate problem. Maybe even get involved with an event, never saw a pull have too much help.

I'm grateful for promoters who do things in the wintertime to make pulling possible virtually year-round now. Grateful for the pullers who bust their tails to get their equipment ready to pull when twenty years ago there was a far bigger window of time to rebuild and repair. Grateful for the track crews and other event personnel that usually run on zero sleep for the week preceding and during an event. Thankful for the fans and their families that show up at pulls and spend their hard-earned money, because they have way more options for entertainment than ever before.

Douthitt put it in the sand then got dq'ed. What's up with that? January 07, 2024 01:38AM
I saw where Big Daddy Magic put it in the sand, then got dq'ed. What's the deal with that?

Re: Douthitt put it in the sand then got dq'ed. What's up with that? January 07, 2024 01:54AM
Big Daddy Magic’s hitch was not legal (wrong height) that is why he was disqualified.

As for getting involved in the pull to help. I would NEVER get involved with this group they change the rules of the game any time they want depending on who they are trying to make happy. You can’t trust anything they say and yes I have been on all ends of their “deals” as a puller, promoter, and spectator. It is just a matter of time before this whole group blows up and it is sad really they have a good group of pullers. But you can’t run business this way.

Re: Douthitt put it in the sand then got dq'ed. What's up with that? January 07, 2024 05:01AM
Dick -
"No, fans bought a ticket and have a right to see a good product. When you go to Walmart and don't like the service why don't you start putting groceries away and help to fix the problems?"

Im speaking to someone who is appear that they aren't just a fan, but seems to have skin in the game. Most of the folks who view this page have an active role in the sport at some level.

Yes, fans deserve a good show. They in particular aren't there to help out, they are in attendance to be entertained.

It just strikes me wrong when someone with vague name and a subtle unnamed gripe chirps. Thats an incarnation of, using some colloquial Kentucky language, being as "useless as t!ts on a boar hog." Thats my opinion, of course. Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps I'm right. At a minimum I have the decency to post under my name if I desire to speak meaningfully.

Re: Douthitt put it in the sand then got dq'ed. What's up with that? January 07, 2024 05:55AM
Just because “we” don’t have the “decency” to post our names, doesn’t mean that our points aren’t valid. Each has their own reason, as do I.

Don’t paint with a broad brush. The puller was apparently disqualified, so, he was correct.

Re: Douthitt put it in the sand then got dq'ed. What's up with that? January 07, 2024 12:34PM
Oh, but a legitimate ID does indeed matter. If it is worth saying and to be taken seriously, use your name or a registered name. Just sayin'

#guesswho

Re: Douthitt put it in the sand then got dq'ed. What's up with that? January 07, 2024 01:11PM
Just sayin. Interesting take.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Douthitt put it in the sand then got dq'ed. What's up with that? January 08, 2024 04:09AM
FYI,

Mr Douthits Hitch was not illegal, the adjusters that hold down broke during the run, and at the end both Days I might add, from what I saw and what I was told. Plenty have seen the videos on Social media. I've been pulling around the Douthits for more than 20 years, They DO NOT CHEAT! If your going to accuse someone, at least be man Enough to sign your real name.

Bob Barbee

Re: Douthitt put it in the sand then got dq'ed. What's up with that? January 08, 2024 11:24AM
If you say the top adjuster broke on his truck I would say it was due to the fact of driving up the sand pile both nights. That change of the truck and the speed he hit it at and everything else is enough of a jolt to do that kind of stuff. Larry is a stand up guy and has been doing it a long time and knows how to get it done while pulling inside. And them chevys down there aren’t going to run with a hemi. Larry outdrove them guys and it sounds like someone just got a chapped ass. Maybe sometimes the “cheap affordable” stuff isn’t the route to go.

Re: Kentucky Invitational January 07, 2024 03:37AM
I don't think it's wrong to point out legitimate issues that are holding the sport back. We can not just sweep issues under the rug and pretend that everything is great. Growth happens when pulling strives for " constant improvement ". Coming on the page because you have a personal complaint is not helpful either. I know nothing about the issue ( if there was one) at the Kentucky Invitational. And the page is also available for people to tell the other side of the story. And as far as " why don't you step up and help". No, fans bought a ticket and have a right to see a good product. When you go to Walmart and don't like the service why don't you start putting groceries away and help to fix the problems?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520