NTPA mods classes? January 16, 2024 08:55AM
Will the NTPA stay with 3 separate mod classes or will they go down to two? I can see Lt. Mod and Unlt. Mod being the two classes if they decide to eliminate one of the Mod classes.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA mods classes? January 17, 2024 12:27AM
I like your idea of cutting back to Lt Mod and Unlimited mod from the standpoint that the casual fan doesn't understand the difference between and Unlimited Mod and a Mod while the difference between LT Mod and Unlimited is obvious. However, I personally would prefer to watch the Mod class over the Lt Mod class.

Last year the NTPA only had 6 hooks for the LT mods and had 6 tractors compete all season. The mod class had 12 hooks with only about 8 tractors that ran points all season. Class numbers are about the same but it seems promoters must be much more interested in scheduling the mod class.

Re: NTPA mods classes? January 17, 2024 01:31AM
It doesn't matter to NTPA what the fans or the promoters think or want.

It is all about the number of memberships they can sell.

If it means the mod classes get watered down and diluted, so be it. That is their mindset.

We could talk about this all day and we will get nowhere. That is just the fact and I hate to admit that.

NTPA could have a great thing if they could get the pullers to all agree on a set of rules. That is where PPL does not have the option for puller. They have a four engine, small charger unlimited class. Either come play or don't. NTPA has too many options for a puller to complain.

And like it has always been said, the casual fan could care less about rules. They just want to be ENTERTAINED!!

Sure Shramek may have not won much with six engines, but he was a fan favorite. We need more of that.

Re: NTPA mods classes? January 17, 2024 03:13AM
Most fans know the difference in the Mods and Unlimited's. What most don't know is the difference in all the single charger diesel classes! It's too many to even care what the difference is beyond PS and SSD!

Re: NTPA mods classes? January 17, 2024 01:52PM
Amen brother

Re: NTPA mods classes? January 17, 2024 03:21AM
BrandonA
I like your idea of cutting back to Lt Mod and Unlimited mod from the standpoint that the casual fan doesn't understand the difference between and Unlimited Mod and a Mod while the difference between LT Mod and Unlimited is obvious. However, I personally would prefer to watch the Mod class over the Lt Mod class.

Last year the NTPA only had 6 hooks for the LT mods and had 6 tractors compete all season. The mod class had 12 hooks with only about 8 tractors that ran points all season. Class numbers are about the same but it seems promoters must be much more interested in scheduling the mod class.

Well, for almost 10 years now, the LT MOD class has always been the class with the lowest numbers, and that's okay. Not all classes need HUGE numbers for it to be a class! I think they all should be there, and whatever someone is comfortable to run with, so be it. They are all still fun to watch.

Re: NTPA mods classes? January 22, 2024 04:23AM
To touch on the original post, I've been told by an NTPA official that they really want three Mod classes because more promoters want a mod class but two mod classes won't provide enough dates.

The Lt Mod class should have better participation this next summer. If everyone that I've been talking with follows through there should be no less than 11 tractors following the class this summer. I think there also could be two or three surprises along the way!

S'no Farmer

Re: NTPA mods classes? January 22, 2024 04:39AM
S'no Farmer
To touch on the original post, I've been told by an NTPA official that they really want three Mod classes because more promoters want a mod class but two mod classes won't provide enough dates.
S'no Farmer

Yet NTPA will not schedule the unlimiteds and mods at simultaneous separate events. I believe there have always been some pullers who ran both (now just one), but that fact sort of undercuts what the NTPA official said.

Regarding classes, I hope the unlimiteds keep doing well, and good news on the light class. Regarding the 7500 class, considering there are more total mods in that class than the other two, plus PPL now uses those rules, plus new ones being built (Voreis, Matt Cain, Benedict, maybe others), it would not be prudent at this time to cut a growing class.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,710, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520