Dragster tractors?? February 17, 2024 01:43PM
Can someone please tell Dan Mayer that modified tractors are NOT dragsters.. Thank you.

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 17, 2024 02:07PM
That tag was used years ago by USHRA, the original TNT, and SRO promotions, I believe. It is a way to relate that class to the casual fan. Not necessarily needed at the farm show, I agree, but not anything new.

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 17, 2024 11:29PM
And all of those organizations are out of the pulling business…..

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 10:41AM
Yeah, but I like those historical references. Why not call them dragster tractors once and a while?

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 05:01AM
I would say that Dan knows more about pulling than you do. They have been called dragster tractors in the past and they will continue to be thanks to good anouncersin this sport.

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 06:15AM
I would be safe to say that Dan does not know more about pulling than myself. But he should know better than to use Army Armstrongs line refering to mods as "Dragsters" when they clearly are not. Do not assume that Dan knows more than anyone, He knows alot, but is not all knowing. I am sure he knows more than you.

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 06:33AM
plb
I would be safe to say that Dan does not know more about pulling than myself. But he should know better than to use Army Armstrongs line refering to mods as "Dragsters" when they clearly are not. Do not assume that Dan knows more than anyone, He knows alot, but is not all knowing. I am sure he knows more than you.

If it bothers you so much big shooter then pickup a mic and show everyone how it's done!

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 06:57AM
I have annouced in the past and still do once or twice a year there big shooter. And to Well, I would hate to take your 5K, not really. I`d take it. I`ve been around pulling all my life and I`m almost 70. we will just leave it "Rite there".

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 06:41AM
It is obvious that you think you know everything. I will put up 5k and let Dan and yourself answer some pulling history to see who wins the money. We will see if you know more than Dan or myself.

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 06:52AM
You Criticize Dan's announcing. My challenge was to you to pickup a mic and show how its done! Please by all means I would love to hear you. And by all means if you want to critique someone's work Please have the stones to use your real name instead of hiding behind a username!!
Andy Girbach

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 07:00AM
My Name is Perry Butson, Brother of Stacy Butson. I did not Disrespect Dan at all, Don`t put words in my mouth. Dan does a great job. I am just poking a little fun at him. Perry

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 08:39AM
Now, now boys, settle down. I was in Louisville for the whole show. I heard Dan use that reference. Kinda wondered why, as he doesn’t use it in Hillsboro when I announce with him. Maybe since Louisville is the home of the old tnt, someone asked him to.?? Nevar had a chance to visit with him though. Did chat with miles quick a couple of times in passing though. Bottom line is they both did a great job. Every session (5) was over 4.5 hours with opening ceremonies. That is a load!! Very easy to loose your voice doing that. I know from announcing at gordyville years ago. They were still getting er dunn sat. Night! Hats off to them. Where I was sitting the new sound system was a MAJOR improvement!! I could hear everything theyhad to say. In the past, it kinda sucked, because those guys have so much knowledge and you couldn’t understand a word they said. Was an awesome week, I can’t wait to kick off the outdoors season..!! Stacy Butson

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 18, 2024 02:09PM
plb
Can someone please tell Dan Mayer that modified tractors are NOT dragsters.. Thank you.

Perry, I get what you're saying though we weren't there. Years ago ATPA used to call the 2wd trucks "funny trucks". No they are not "funny trucks", they are 2wd pulling vehicles. Now modified tractors may look like a dragster and 2 wheel drive trucks may look like a funny car, but that's not what they are.

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 19, 2024 02:26AM
I have heard Perry announce, he does a great job. I won't say who is better Perry or Stacey since I have to deal with both all summer, I bet Jay would give em both a run for there money! Badger State has some of the greatest announcers around, I would put them up against anyone! Would love to see Jon or Stacey join Miles, Dan and Leslie. That would be a awesome announcing team!

Re: Dragster tractors?? February 20, 2024 03:26AM
I kinda like it, honestly your average fan coming to a show is gonna look at a Mod and say What is that...Relating it to a more well know Sport Drag Racing so a Fan could say ahh thats similar to a dragster or the Kings of Drag Racing makes it Relatable to outsiders of the Pulling World in my opinion. We gotta tie in new fans all the time.

BB

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,765, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,941.

Our newest member Jason