If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 02:19AM
If you had the power to change any one rule, whether specific to one class or generally for everyone, what would you change?

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 05:43AM
Sorry, posted my response to you in the wrong thread

Pro Stock Class : no transgenDeere's

Sheet metal should match the block period. If you want to be green then have a green tractor

***I'd like the same rule in other classes to prevent green guys from having IH blocks

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 06:04AM
So should most of tractors be decaled as Chaos, Hypermax, D&R, etc? Because fewer & fewer are running any of the above. I get where you're coming from BUT its too little too late!

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 06:12AM
Allow the use of the LS With EFI in pulling. The 350 Chevy is outdated and the LS is now the hot rodders choice to make cheap power. Time to get that into pulling

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 08:27AM
EFI/Common rail should be allowed in every class. There hasn't been a carbureted truck from the factory since the mid 80's and mechanical pumps on tractors haven't been used on diesel tractors in years.

---

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 06:25AM
I would love to see " traction control " legal in all classes. I will not venture on how many pullers are already using it. However it would level the playing field.

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 01:20PM
Unlimited mods weight would be 12,000 with no restrictions on any powerplants

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 01:46PM
While I'd love to see what they'd be capable of with 12k and no restrictions you'd have to make sure there's two sleds there because you'd have to hook them together to stop those mods.

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 02:48PM
Pro stock cube limit at 640

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 21, 2024 10:44PM
Components an option for classes 1500 hp and up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2024 10:47PM by Robert Alves.

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 22, 2024 03:23PM
Robert Alves
Components an option for classes 1500 hp and up.

So pretty much everything.......

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 22, 2024 11:56PM
Would 1500hp keep everything with farm in its name still an ag chassis? Super farm pro farm hot farm mod farm?

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 23, 2024 11:36AM
For the record, Super Farm and many types of Hot Farm are already past that 1500 mark.

But I'll go a step further.......almost ANY class should have the option to be component. No reason to punish someone who wants to build for serviceability and parts commonality/availability. That is called spending wisely.

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 25, 2024 01:36PM
Make the tractor run the fuel that it ran when it left the assembly line.

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 22, 2024 09:09AM
JaKe566
Pro stock cube limit at 640
Not trying to be offensive but lowering it to 640 would do nothing. It would be like changing the tires to 24.0". You'd have to lower it significantly to see any real difference.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 22, 2024 02:38PM
I realize that. A limit in the 500 ci range would be more effective. I was merely aiming at that point that it should have not ever been 680 in the first place.

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 22, 2024 11:18PM
pro stocks are just fine your ih tractors have figured out how to make them run by friday night at louisville .

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 24, 2024 01:22AM
For some smaller level pulling organizations, I think they should explore having a "claiming" class or classes at pulls. Like they do in horse racing. This would just be for entry level classes and the price would be set by the pullers. That would keep costs down. And an organization could offer the class as a claiming class or non-claiming if a promoter prefers. I bet it would work with farm stock or stock 4WD.

Now if it was offered in other classes, that could be interesting. Hypothetically, I don't even know what the claiming price would be for a pro stock, superfarm, light mod, etc. For it to work, the claiming price would have to be about where a typical puller would sell his ride, not how much is invested in it! Before entering such a class, I could see a puller putting on his cheapest turbo or an old set of tires just in case!

What about a turbo claim rule? February 24, 2024 01:44AM
Set a price, which depending on the class may be expensive. Have a turbo claim rule. What about that idea?

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 25, 2024 01:17AM
Eliminate recast blocks and head use below the grand national level

Re: If you could change one rule, what would it be? February 27, 2024 05:41AM
If I'm allowed to change one rule... set the max engine num to 1.

Serious, introducing a 6000lbs mod class with one engine only, and no turbines.
I assmue we can pretty much expect a hack of diversity, alike in the old days.
One all-in V8 Hemi with e.g. 18-71 or screw blower. OR
One vintage aircraft V12, with some new gadgets, billet supercharger, or turbos. OR
One industrial inline 6 or V8/10/12 with whatever how much turbos, alcohol or diesel. OR
One radial engine...

Some perhaps pretty soon start to complain: you can't beat a R3350 with only a Hemi, considering that this old dinosaur has tons of torque you can rely on.
BUT, take into account that the Hemi would have a significant advantage regarding COG positioning, driveability etc.

Probably there are many good reasons to avoid such an idea. Just let me know.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,630, Posts: 229,694, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,901.

Our newest member JD_8520