What’s the point of an inner cooler February 27, 2024 09:34AM
What’s the point of having one? everyone gains the same horsepower and now everyone has the hassle of dealing with ice i just don’t get it.

Re: What’s the point of an inner cooler February 27, 2024 01:38PM
I agree 100%! Just another gadget to maintain and have to deal with. I guess the only thing I see is that they act as an air filter in the event of catastrophic turbo failure, which in pro stocks and superfarms seem to be prone to, due to turbo builders pushing the limits of components within these "Latest and Greatest " turbos.

Re: What’s the point of an inner cooler February 27, 2024 01:59PM
Pro stocks yes it is a little more common, but super farms are not prone to turbocharger explosions. Went to many pulls this last year and witnessed one super farm turbo blow.

Re: What’s the point of an inner cooler February 29, 2024 01:08AM
I heard an announcer say one time the intercooler helped with engine maintenance. Made it sound like the cooler air was easier on the motor or parts and they didn't have to push them as hard made them last longer. Not sure if it is true or not. Never really talked to a engine builder or puller about it.

Re: What’s the point of an inner cooler February 29, 2024 10:36AM
Water injections and Intercoolers have a similar effect (keeping your stuff from melting).
However, an Intercooler is much easier to handle, as it doesn't need to be metered to boost and rpm, like a water injection.
Water injections are pretty easy to set up for "full boost and rpm", but get really tricky, when you have to adjust them when rpms are dropping at the end / boost (temperature) is going down. That often results in "no low end torque" and the engines basically stalling in the en.

Up to app 3500 hp (+?) you can do without water injection, when using a sufficient Intercooler and have the benefit of not having to mess with exact metering and tractors keep the tires spinning at the end (often a better show to watch).

In Pro Stock it's a bit ot a different story. They use intercoolers to get the temperature down enough, so they don't have to inject so much water, that they are getting quickly near the risk of a hydro lock.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/29/2024 10:37AM by Sascha.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520