If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? February 28, 2024 11:47AM
We all have legends that have meant the world to both us and the sport. Who is yours and tell some of their iconic runs!!

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? February 29, 2024 02:22AM
Steve/Greg Boyd. When I think of iconic runs there are two categories with these guys, the pro stocks and the mods.

With the pro stocks I think it was a run of continued success. I think 2010 was their last year with three pro stocks. +/- a couple years of 2010 they absolutely dominated the pro stock class. They were viewed then the way we view the Grandview Gangsters today. Steves tractor is also still one of the probably top 5 best pro stocks on the circuit today (Loud and Heavy)

With the mods the most iconic pass was Steve at Bowling Green in 2019 in the Unlimited class, on the south track when he parked it at 389 feet with the screw blowers prior to the NTPA creating some limitations on the screw blowers which led to Steve naming one of their tractors Green Streak Limited. Most ridiculous pass I've ever seen in pulling. It's important to note that this was done before people started going that far kind of frequently, it was also done at Bowling Green against the best of the best

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? February 29, 2024 02:26AM
You can watch the pass above at this link. Go to the 2:25 mark. It also appears he could have gone further if for not letting out of it at the end.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? February 29, 2024 03:19AM
I find the era of 6/7 engine mod class to be very
fascinating.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? February 29, 2024 04:26AM
Frankie Fryman

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? March 02, 2024 11:45AM
I would pick some one thats a do it your self type puller not a rich cookie cutter sears order up catalog guy maybe someone like Blackburn or the Conners

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? March 02, 2024 02:12PM
I'm rolling with the John Wilkins and Lorenz stable. They were ahead of their time and were responsible for alot of the legends we currently have known even in recent years such as Don Mastersons camp, Atleys, Smuckers, and many other legends that became what they are today due to Wilkins Shotgun Red and Sneaky Snake being the fierce competition that they were! I'm gonna pick Don Masterson to be right up there with team Wilkins!! All great folks and competitors in this great sport!

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? March 02, 2024 04:30PM
Has there ever been any data on who the pioneers of the sport were, for example, who made the first successful alky conversion, who made compound turbos work, obviously the ideas were around but adapting them to a tractor takes innovation.

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? March 03, 2024 12:43AM
That's a great question. I would love to see the list of the pioneers of the sport.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: If you could pick a legend to showcase who would it be and why??? March 03, 2024 08:58AM
OK here is my list of pioneers based on the knowledge that I have. Of course pulling has been around for many years however my list is based on when performance parts and systems really started to come I to play in the late 70sand I to the 80s. My is not all inclusive of every little performance shop across the country, however the guys who really took performance to a new level, and was the trail blazers for all the young bucks in the business today. My list is not in any particular order of importance, because they all were integral to the progress of the sport.
...Max Simpson, Simpson Performance
...Mark Massey the "Pump Dr." Columbus Diesel, Columbus Motorsports, Eastern Ohio Diesel Performance
...Jerry Lagod, Hypermax Engineering
...Conners, Bad Medicine tractor and Alcohol systems pioneer
...Tim Engler, Components and chassis parts, tractors
...Danny Dean, Rooster tractor
...There are many other drivers and tractors, however many of them were using some of the aboves parts, pieces and expertise, if they weren't they would soon do so when others did so and were dominant in the pulling world, they had to get on board or get left behind.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520