IH Rods March 02, 2024 01:40AM
Is there a better part number IH rod for a 400 series, whats the differences? Are they all the same length? I've seen some with hole to hole dimensions and that makes me think there maybe differences.
At what point in horse power or rpms does an IH rod need to be hardened and better rod bolts need to happen?

Re: IH Rods March 02, 2024 08:07AM
I've seen stock IH 400 series rods handle 800 plus hp. Same rods hardened up to 1700+ hp.

Re: IH Rods March 02, 2024 02:30PM
Helper
I've seen stock IH 400 series rods handle 800 plus hp. Same rods hardened up to 1700+ hp.
Is there a rod part number that’s better than the other or are they all basically the same rod and just have different part numbers? Just trying to figure out if and when I need to have a set of rods hardened and there isn’t any older threads that say much about it just who hardens them and contract information.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,625, Posts: 229,687, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520