Shift kit March 19, 2024 05:25AM
How makes a shift kit for a profab on a IH 560

Re: Shift kit March 19, 2024 11:41AM
Forgive me. But what are you talking about? "A shift kit for a profab on a 560? Is the profab an automatic or something? I've seen shift kits for turbo 350 and 400s and Ford c4 and c6's

Re: Shift kit March 19, 2024 02:46PM
It seemed pretty clear to me.

He's looking for a shift kit for a Profab transmission on an IH 560.

If you followed pulling you would have heard of Pro Fab

[www.profabmachineinc.com]

Re: Shift kit March 20, 2024 02:40PM
Mark (EC,IN)
It seemed pretty clear to me.

He's looking for a shift kit for a Profab transmission on an IH 560.

If you followed pulling you would have heard of Pro Fab

[www.profabmachineinc.com]

Mr. Mark, I probably know more about tractor pulling than you.i am aware of what profab is.
I never heard of an automatic profab transmission to put a shift kit in.
Do you have any idea what a shift kit is??? I clicked on your link a saw nothing about a "Shift Kit"! Below you will be educated on what a shift kit really is.
[www.mistertransmission.com]

Re: Shift kit March 20, 2024 10:06PM
It's always good to run into an expert!

I think what he is looking for is the kit to move the shifters to the floor of a tractor....I assumed this because he mentioned a 560

I'm not sure if anyone has them for an IH 560 or not.

The last I knew Wipeout Enterprises sold them for the large frame IH tractors.

Here is a link that might help your education:

[www.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2024 10:20PM by Mark (EC,IN).

Re: Shift kit March 21, 2024 12:48AM
Oh I see! Its shift levers/handles that he is looking for. That's a lot easier to install than a shift kit. Thanks for educating me!!

Re: Shift kit March 21, 2024 02:49AM
Hey "Huh??"/Dumb ol Puller........

Where exactly did it say "automatic" anywhere in this statement by the OP:

"How makes a shift kit for a profab on a IH 560"

Everybody understands what you are implying when you say shift kit (which is idiotic)........clearly you have trouble understanding what the OP was implying - which in the pulling word was abundantly obvious. Eye Rolling

Re: Shift kit March 21, 2024 02:00PM
sigh
Hey "Huh??"/Dumb ol Puller........

Where exactly did it say "automatic" anywhere.

Everybody understands what you are implying when you say shift kit (which is idiotic)........clearly you have trouble understanding what the OP was implying - which in the pulling word was abundantly obvious. Eye Rolling

Hey! Sigh! I never said it said automatic! I asked if he had an automatic transmission because he asked for a shift kit. Which by the way is what you put in automatic transmissions. Apparently some folks Did Not Understand what I was SAYING NOT IMPLYING. How is that "(Idiotic) " I Clearly do not have trouble reading what the op wrote. As far as what he was implying, if he didn't mean what he said or was implying something other than what he wrote, then yes I do not read people's minds, we only know what they say from their mouths or typed. Before you say any dummy knows that a profab is a manual shift transmission, with the way technology changes daily who's to say that profab maybe built an automatic of some sort? Go ahead and get your panties in a wad and Imply something else!! Smh!

Re: Shift kit March 21, 2024 11:58PM
I figure before long some nitwit will throw a @#$%& fit about this shift kit.

Re: Shift kit March 21, 2024 03:53AM
Just get a kit for the big frame tractors, we have a 460 with a 3 speed Pro Fab and I just redrilled the the flanges that bolts to rear-end housing under the seat.Worked out great!

Re: Shift kit March 22, 2024 04:09AM
That would be fun to watch, a tractor with an automatic transmission shifting gears down the track with his shift kit on a Profab gear box! Spinning

Re: Shift kit March 22, 2024 05:08AM
Funny you ask.. this tractor was see at Osage IA last summer pulling. it indeed has a automatic transmission inside!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,660, Posts: 229,739, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,072, Posts: 225,921.

Our newest member JD_8520