Farm stock speed sensor March 20, 2024 01:00PM
What is everyone using indoors for speed sensor on their farm stock tractors? Looking to go to a few pulls this year with mph limits and want to make sure it is able to work indoors to if I decide to pull in the winter somewhere thanks

Re: Farm stock speed sensor March 20, 2024 02:27PM
A bicycle wheel and tire with speedometer.

Re: Farm stock speed sensor March 28, 2024 06:13AM
There is a flywheel pickup sensor that goes in the timing pointer hole on the bell housing, or you can get the ki to pull it off the flywheel, I believe Fair Valley has them.

Re: Farm stock speed sensor March 28, 2024 07:01AM
I believe he's looking for vehicle speed and not engine speed. Besides a bike wheel, a ground speed radar would work, as would a laser.

Re: Farm stock speed sensor March 29, 2024 04:17AM
Aw My bad. We have some guys who just mount their phones or iPad to the dash with a speedometer app.

Re: Farm stock speed sensor March 29, 2024 04:54AM
Gps is good, but indoor pulling the gps based speedometer does not work well.

Re: Farm stock speed sensor April 14, 2024 10:48AM
I mounted a chain spocket to a front wheel hub and use a gear tooth sensor to provide a pulse train to a smart meter. I get 1/10 mph resolution updated every 1/2 second. Of course, once the front end lifts, all bets are off. I’m full throttle and below any speed limits at that point anyway.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard