Building a super farm tractor March 22, 2024 07:23AM
I understand that it could be cheaper to buy an already built tractor, but I want to build one and learn them. Who can I talk to, who can tell me, or where can I find the info to learn to build a super farm tractor? I have an ih 766 and a dt466. I’m good on the engine side of things but as far as frame, trans, rear end etc. Im lost on what to do. I can do the work no issue, it’s just I don’t know what to actually do to build a good super farm tractor per Lucas PPL rules. Im wanting to do most of the work myself so I don’t care to buy one already built or have someone do it for me. I don’t mind the work or the trial and error, I just need the knowledge on what to do.

Re: Building a super farm tractor March 22, 2024 09:40AM
The learning aspect takes the longest out of anything. I’d try getting ahold of guys that pull around you and ask questions. Karl at atlas can get your drivetrain figured out and is pretty much the go to guy as far as IH transmissions and rearends. As far as frame goes, depends on the money you’re gonna spend. Not many guys out there are capable of building a nice tube frame themselves, so you’re left with the guys who build them for a living (haslag, ace chassis, bandit fab, etc). That being said there are still guys running 66 series frame rails with custom front axles but thats not gonna win you a points class. Now the engine side of things is where I reckon you’re gonna hit a brick wall, most guys will tell you the basics of what you need but when it comes to numbers, have fun. Most guys aren’t gonna give away the numbers that are winning them pulls. Now you can ask engine builders but if your gonna get any information at all, it’s going to be cookie cutter out dated info unless you want to spend money with them. Most new pullers are left with the basics and have to learn through trial and error. The forums on here are loaded with information from years and years of pulling, so if your gonna start anywhere I’d start there. Also the business directory is where you can find companies that make the parts your gonna need for just about everything.

Re: Building a super farm tractor March 22, 2024 11:05AM
Shoot me a message
563-9two1-3zerozero9

Or
smokeschulte52@gmail.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,666, Posts: 229,747, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,925.

Our newest member JD_8520