Mac Trailer Pull March 23, 2024 11:23AM
So they said it’s the top 10 pros that get hook at the Mac Trailer pull. Can some explain how the bootlegger tractor got in down there when he never even hooked last year

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 23, 2024 11:37AM
Two shows and no goes. I’d load it up and haul ass home. Should have had to run the summer to figure it out not two shows in freedom halll

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 23, 2024 12:02PM
Love seeing tractors in the sand, but I think you have to set the full pull mark shorter if going to allow it. Tinker Toy was robbed, he got out of it. Shouldn’t have to plow in.

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 23, 2024 12:11PM
Yes you can’t set the full pull mark half way up the pile

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 23, 2024 12:35PM
I've said that for years at the NFMS pull. Half way through the class they decide to call a full pull distance which varies depending upon how hard someone plows their expensive equipment into a sand pile!! You can never determine what tractor is best when the pull is Interrupted by a pile of sand!! It totally BS if the want pullers in the sand then a full pull should be if any part of your tractor touches the sand pile, then you are in the pull off. Not you have to destroy your tractor to get into the pulloff and can't come back for the pulloff because your tractor was damaged just trying to get in. Absolutely Insane!!!! I've seen many times where this has happened at the NFMS pull. Can't fix stupid!!!

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 23, 2024 02:20PM
Where can I find results?

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 23, 2024 02:25PM
[whatssmokinliveresults.com]

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 24, 2024 09:59AM
I personally pull and it's always the goal to "putter In the sand" no matter what. Not 1 of us that winter time pulls thinks different than that. We ll limp it to the pulloff, or finals and fix it when we get home.

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 24, 2024 01:26PM
Bonestock
I personally pull and it's always the goal to "putter In the sand" no matter what. Not 1 of us that winter time pulls thinks different than that. We ll limp it to the pulloff, or finals and fix it when we get home.

Bonestock, I respectfully disagree with you. If what you are saying is true, then why does 99 plus percent of the tractors that make it to or very near the sand pile lift off the throttle before plowing into the sand pile? According to your personal thought process, they should keep the hammer down and worry about fixing it when you get home. I've watched many many tractors over the years that plowed into the sand even after lifting, not be able to come back for the pulloff and get screwed out possibly winning the event all because of stupidity. Again as said before, you can never determine what was the best tractor and driver of the night was when a sand pile Interferes with forward progress. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 25, 2024 01:13AM
I've seen that also. And sometimes those competitors that lift don't make it to the pulloff or finals because of their decision. I'm not arguing that it might be stupid to plant it in the pile but it's 1 hell of a rush when you get the chance to do it, because it is not easy to accomplish. As a rule our sled operators do a great job of knowing how to set their piece of art also. Once in awhile they miss it. And the most important part is ( it's a big time crowd pleaser) and that's what they pay to see.

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 25, 2024 01:55AM
Grandpa's Disaster was fourth in grand national points last summer. They announced that Warpath had an issue that was discovered to late to repair. My guess is the American Thunder got in on reputation and the fans he might draw to the event. He always has topnotch equipment, it is very unusual for him to not make a good pass.

S'no Farmer

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 25, 2024 01:09AM
Watch the flag man in Louisville, he has a habit of flagging them off before they are there. I'd be willing to bet that's why some back out sooner than others, up to the driver to follow flags or to ignore him keep going to get in. I have even heard Miles and Dan comment how good he is, the problem is he's prevented a few guys from making the pull off or taking the win. I do agree though the full pull mark shouldn't be burry it hard in the sand. Fix the sled setting if that is the case and you don't want the entire class coming back. I know the Simons are good but they are lucky the track went away or most of that class would have had to come back.

Bootlegger and American Thunder were the ones I was wondering about. I think Grandpas Disaster in the minis would be in the same boat isn't he a state level mini I don't think he ran the grand national circuit. Also what happened to Warpath, I thought he was going to be there?

Re: Mac Trailer Pull March 25, 2024 03:12AM
Speaking from the standpoint of a fan. I've never put one into the sand but plan to one day. When it comes to plowing into the sand pile, I think it is AWESOME. But I think the damage that is done or could be done is crazy. I believe the full pull mark should be set before the class starts and once the sled is set. If the tractor or pulling vehicle front end touches the sand that should be the full pull mark. Also, how does the sand effect turbochargers, wheels, bearings or seals has anyone ever experience turbo damage by sucking sand into the turbo?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,628, Posts: 229,690, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,899.

Our newest member JD_8520