White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift March 29, 2024 01:46PM
I've been kicking around using a electric linear actuator or fuel shut off selinoid to shift from direct to over with a push of a button on my throttle handle. I was wondering if anyone has done this before?

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift March 29, 2024 10:29PM
I used a linear actuator on an Oliver 2 speed, it was slow to shift and I couldn't find a solenoid with enough travel to make the shift.

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift March 30, 2024 02:37AM
It needs to be a spring loaded mechanism that you set and then release with a solenoid... Like a trigger.

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift March 30, 2024 11:26AM
Ezdzit
It needs to be a spring loaded mechanism that you set and then release with a solenoid... Like a trigger.

How do you down shift a set up like that?

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift March 30, 2024 09:46AM
I used to have an oliver that I made the throttle lever move side to side to make a shift like a joystick loader valve. If you put alot of power to an oliver 3 speed you need to start out in under drive. The hydraulic pressure that locks up the clutches is only there when the clutch is out and the shaft is spinning. If you are winding it up on the line in direct or over and you start letting out the clutch, the shaft is not yet spinning fast enough to make hydraulic pressure to lock up the clutch packs and you will smoke the clutches.

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift March 30, 2024 11:55AM
I will have a little over 600 hp and the 3 speed is freshly rebuilt by Brad Maibach he had suggested that I start in direct and shift to over once I started rolling since direct was a stronger set of clutch packs. This is my first time with a 3 speed pulling so any information is much appreciated.

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift April 01, 2024 02:18PM
You might look into how the three speed on the American series of White tractors was shifted. They used a three way toggle switch on the console but I've never seen how the leaver on the three speed is moved to the different positions.

S'no Farmer

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift April 02, 2024 09:29AM
I looked at a parts breakdown and they use electronic selinoids to shift the gears it looks like I would need a new cover plate to be able use that design (due to different holes in the casting) my linear actuator should be here tomorrow and I'll update if it works it's supposed to be a fast moving one so we'll see.

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift April 02, 2024 01:56PM
If that doesn’t work, I don’t know why you couldn’t make air cylinders work. With the 3 speed it may take more than one. That’s how drag racers shift their transmissions.

Re: White/Oliver 3 speed electric shift April 09, 2024 03:32PM
I was able to attach a fast moving 1" stroke actuator and shift from direct to over, my picture is too large of file but interested let me know and I can send pics.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,651, Posts: 229,724, Members: 3,326.
This forum: Topics: 37,068, Posts: 225,911.

Our newest member JD_8520