The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. March 31, 2024 12:34PM
Buffalo Turbine to Unveil Groundbreaking Tubeless Smoke Machine at Morehead, KY Pull Event This Fall

The upcoming pull at Morehead, KY is being rescheduled for November 8-9 to introduce a game-changing innovation to the world of motorsports. Buffalo Turbine, as a new sponsor is partnering with the ATPA and VTPA to develop the first-ever tubeless smoke machine.

Since 1945, Buffalo Turbine has been a pioneer in supplying the original, best, and most powerful turbine debris blowers and dust/odor control systems on the market. Proudly made in America, their turbine products are manufactured at their facility in Springville, New York.

Throughout the season, Buffalo Turbine will be on display at several ATPA and VTPA events showcasing their products and be used for various tasks. The decision to reschedule the Morehead event was made to highlight the revolutionary capabilities of the tubeless smoke machine, which promises to transform indoor pulling and other indoor motorsports.

Tests conducted in Russellville showed the need for an advanced portable smoke extraction solution, particularly in venues with lower ceiling heights like at Morehead. Without an effective system in place, air quality would be compromised, posing safety risks to participants and spectators alike. Buffalo Turbine’s tubeless smoke machine addresses this challenge head-on, significantly improving air quality and ensuring a safer, more enjoyable experience for everyone involved.

“This system will revolutionize the sport of indoor pulling and other indoor motorsports,” said Tom McConnell, CEO, and founder of ATPA and VTPA. “The smoke extraction systems currently in use have used the same overall design since the early 1970s. Our vision, which I have had since childhood, is to innovate and push the boundaries of what’s possible. With Buffalo Turbine’s collaboration and expertise, we are well on the way of realizing that vision.”

The tubeless smoke machine eliminates the need for cumbersome tubes, providing pullers with greater flexibility and freedom of movement. It also allows for more venues to be able to host smoker classes that for fifty years have been mostly limited to outdoor venues or indoor arenas with a powerful extraction system.

The system is currently undergoing development and testing, with plans to debut at Morehead this fall. This marks a significant milestone in the evolution of indoor motorsports, promising unprecedented levels of performance and excitement.

For more information about Buffalo Turbine and their products, visit www.buffaloturbine.com.

For news and upcoming events, please visit www.atpapulling.com and www.vintagepullers.com

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 01, 2024 11:12AM
Will the checks be good this time or bounce again?

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 02, 2024 11:08AM
Didn’t they try this way back when at either Indy or Louisville? Seems I remember reading or hearing that Arron’s put a turbine on the sled with the idea being there was enough fuel coming out the exhaust on the diesels to run the turbine.
Getting old, maybe I’m remembering something that was just talked about but never happened.

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 02, 2024 02:25PM
1975ish with a Landoll sled...
Photo from NFMS archives.

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 03, 2024 10:57AM
I guess my memory is okay. Looks like there was still a lot of smoke. Maybe it will work better now.

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 04, 2024 03:15AM
Dirtfarmer
I guess my memory is okay. Looks like there was still a lot of smoke. Maybe it will work better now.
The system used in the Seventies was problematic because the filter would clog quickly. I'm no engineer but I'm curious to see how this new idea will work.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 04, 2024 03:22AM
I would guess it is like a huge diesel particulate filter that filters out the particulate and likely uses a water bath of some sort that continually washes the filter during the event and then the debris will be collected in a holding tank for disposal after the event. I will bet it works well.

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 04, 2024 04:02AM
Good ole Tom. Writing cold checks to everyone that came on their hard earned money. Now he’s going to convince everyone that he’s a god by sucking smoke out of a building. But they couldn’t pick a better person to promote their product, because with him there’s always a smoke screen. Get over yourself Tommy the wind isn’t in your sail anymore. Bob has proved all u was doing was holding them back.

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 04, 2024 04:54AM
So by the pic this thing sucks the smoke outa the air via a vaccum,then blows white air out ??
I'd think the vacuum signal would have to be substantial stronger than the exhaust vertical pressure,have to be a good sweeper to suck the pressure from a vertical path on a ssd,hope it's tried outside first

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 04, 2024 08:24AM
Dirtfarmer, are you referring to the pull at Richfield Colesium back in 77? They tried using a turbine set up by Arfons. First class to try it was the 5 ss. It didn’t go well.

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 04, 2024 10:48AM
I don’t remember at all where or when it was, just remembered that they tried it way back when.

Re: The pull in Morehead, KY has been rescheduled for November 8-9 2024 to debut innovative new technology. April 04, 2024 11:24AM
so nothing has changed since 77 wow, maybe it will work but time will tell. technology has changed but i still like the exhaust in the ceiling maybe 5 or 6 instead of 2

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,666, Posts: 229,747, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,925.

Our newest member JD_8520