Solar Eclipse vs Tractor Pulling April 08, 2024 06:34AM
Today people are traveling all over the US to watch this solar eclipse.

I've had friends tell me tractor pulling is boring and they don't understand why I love it so much. Meanwhile they are sitting in lawn chairs waiting to see the moon cover the sun for 3 minutes.....

To heck with the eclipse.....can't wait for some summer pulling

Re: Solar Eclipse vs Tractor Pulling April 08, 2024 08:52AM
Very good point. If anyone who tells you that the solar eclipse is exciting and a tractor pull is boring, you should tell them to go to an afternoon pull with diesel supers. Covers up the sun better than the moon ever could

Re: Solar Eclipse vs Tractor Pulling April 12, 2024 07:51AM
My kids are in sports and once the subject of tractor pulling came up during a game. I told them that I pull tractors and one of the guys said, "I went to a local tractor pull once and it was boaring". I probably had a bewildered look on my face but had to explain the differances. There is a huge differance between the local farm pull and an upper level event as far as excitement. Each type of pulling has its place and I'm not dissing anyone here. But when someone goes to a local stock antique pull and then a NTPA or PPL level event. They will definatly see the differance. But after being board at the prior, most dont, or won't, give the latter a chance. A lot like watching the 4 cylinder stock cars at the local racetrack. It has its place and is exciting to the people driving the cars but " I seen a race and it was boaring". And then going to a winged sprint car race. There is just no compairison. That said, motorsports are not for everyone, and most people would rather watch a High School football game, or a Volleyball game than go to a tractor pull. Must admit that I'm kinda getting there myself.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2024 08:00AM by jeremyroff.

Re: Solar Eclipse vs Tractor Pulling April 15, 2024 12:53AM
Totally agree! I live 10 minutes from Bowling Green and majority of people here still don't understand that the National Tractor Pulling Championship is not farmers bringing their plow tractor into town to pull a sled.

Re: Solar Eclipse vs Tractor Pulling April 15, 2024 02:13AM
Mankind, in general, has been fascinated with the heavens and space beyond earth since the beginning of time. A total eclipse in North America is an extremely rare event and the media and social media fed the fervor because it was low hanging fruit on the tree of news content. Its something beyond our control, an example of the grandeur of our world and universe. It was an event that united folks across socioeconomic lines, races, and religious affiliation. Not all, but many.

Me? I saw the totality that occurred in 2017. It was neat to witness how dark the sky became. This time I went about my day pretty normally.

Any comparison to pulling is not an apples vs. oranges situation, its a comparison of two dynamically different events....like comparing a toothbrush to a pair of scissors.

Pulling is like politics, its local. We as members of the pulling family, if we are hearing pulling is boring, need to find out why its boring to whoever it is and SHARE what excites you about the sport. Pulling engages four of our five senses when its done right. The sight of the machines in action, the sound of roaring engines and feeling the sonic waves of a four engine mod hit you in the chest, and smell of the engines fumes and dirt churned by the tires. Make sure the naysayers have a chance to engage all the senses possible, and those bored folks might just become a fan for life.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,666, Posts: 229,747, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,074, Posts: 225,925.

Our newest member JD_8520