The next NTPA dumb idea. May 06, 2024 01:16PM
I see that the NTPA has mandated that pullers need to register on the Monday before the upcoming event. This is obviously so the truck and tractor betting will be able to establish the betting well before the next pull. I wonder what will happen to a puller signs up and doesn't/ can't make the event
Will they have points taken away, not be able to pull at the next event, what if you're waiting on parts etc? Of course nothing will happen, how can when there isn't enough pullers in certain classes to start messing with. But my real fear is when the high rollers in Vegas, Monte Carlo find out about the opportunity to bet on pulling they will flood the market. And yes I'm done asking any questions on how this will work. But if it does great.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 06, 2024 01:59PM
[ntpapull.com]
According to this article it closes 48 hours before an event starts. Maybe you're right or maybe it's being misinterpreted and it opens, not closes, on Monday. Time will tell.

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 06, 2024 02:07PM
I certainly could be wrong on the cutoff time, however my point is still the same, why. Is this the NTPA just turning over the operation of the organization to someone else? And I'm still wondering how is this rule/mandate going to be enforced? Or better yet what are the odds that this will be rescinded, I'm betting on 50-50.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 06, 2024 02:57PM
Why don't you email Greg Randall and ask him rather than do it on here?! I'm sure he would answer your concerns. He has always replied to me and I'm a nobody!

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 07, 2024 12:56AM
I agree with Fan 2, email NTPA and ask if it is that big of a deal to you. Then you can come on here and share what you found or complain if you don't like there response. Oh I'm sorry I forgot form the last one with the truck show they should automatically know that "someone" is going to complain on this forum and they should explain every little detail.

In complaining about FullPull having something to do with this you talked about another reason why this is a good idea but didn't give it any credit. Could it possibly help the NTPA and Promoter plan for who is coming when planning pit parking, advertising, or show layout? Could it be to help speed up the registration process at the event so drivers don't have to stand in line and wait to register when they could be working on there pit area or talking to fans? Why is it a bad idea for NTPA to do but Outlaws already have something similar if I remember and no one complains about them? I really don't think it is a dumb idea.

If it is for FullPull only then so be it, it adds other benefits for promoters and fans knowing who to expect. I like what Fullpull has done so far and am excited to see what they all bring in the future. There brining more fan involvement and upbeat coverage getting other people excited. That's what our society is now a days, if its not upbeat, exciting, and fast paced its not going to fly. Like it or not that is the way it is, our friends across the pond realized it and look at there events and attendance. If you want the sport to grow changes need to be made.

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 07, 2024 02:10AM
Thanks for your response, however I'm not sure that I need to call them to ask a question about something they have already done. And it's called a forum where everyone ( including you) can share their opinions. And to the contrary am neither for or against betting. However I'm still a little lost on how this will work.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2024 04:12AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 08, 2024 02:29PM
The gambling thing with pulling seems to be a heated issue. Gambling on pulling is not going to go away it is here to stay! Everybody will have their opinion on what is right or wrong but that is normal! The Kentucky Derby was up 11% viewership from 2023 and that coincides with over 11 million dollars more bet than last year! In a nutshell the gambling thing is hot right now and it's a growing trend! If it draws more eyes and more attention to pulling GREAT!!

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 07, 2024 02:27AM
A week ahead cut off might be extreme but I like the idea overall. I think a 24 hour before start time cut off would be reasonable.

Filling out registration and pay online before the event would be so much more convenient. No more long lines at the registration trailer. When we get to the pull we would just have to go to the tailer to pick up our number....

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 07, 2024 04:44AM
I think early registration is great. But then I think pullers shouldn't be required to pay until they get there. Obviously, you can still pay early online when you register but that way if you can't make it due to breakage or illness or what have you, the sanctioning body doesn't need to figure out a refund policy. Then you still have a cutoff time and all non payed registrants by that time then become a scratch.

Something like, must be registered with in 48 hours prior to the pull, must be payed by within 4 hours of start time.... just for example

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2024 04:50AM by Oly.

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 08, 2024 10:53PM
Dumb idea .
I ask the same thing about ppl
We have to have our yearly dues in by March 1st
You save 200$ for the year . I suspect they want to draw interest off your money.
But , in the same token , do I know if I will have parts and be ready to start the season.
No I don't. But I sign up anyway in case .
I suspect a week ahead of season is way different than months ahead .
I now that there has been a trend with all organizations over the years to sign up for pulling earlier and earlier over the years .
It may be a shortage of help or people also . We are seeing it at every level of business. There are labor shortages for skilled jobs every where .
Nobody wants to do it

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 08, 2024 11:52PM
The new entry rule is for the betting app. It really doesn’t have anything to do with anything else.

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 09, 2024 02:12PM
I’m fine with early registration and payment…I just don’t like it being a requirement. Say there is a rainout for PPL or a bigger state organization and they want to go pull somewhere but NTPA mandates early registration so they can’t. You are losing pullers that could have been there. Or say somebody had breakage and finally gets something back together but they aren’t registered soon enough…still losing out on pullers. I’m fine with an hour or 2 before the start of the pull but don’t make it a day or 2 before the pull…that’s just plain dumb. Have a price break if you are registered and paid early…and if this is all about betting it’s just a chance you are going to have to take with more variables of pullers that might or might not be there. There are injuries and trades in sports…deal with a couple pullers that might or might not be there.

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 10, 2024 01:13AM
In late July, PPL's schedule shows Goshen running minis and mods on Thursday. On Friday night they are 300-400 miles southwest in Evansville, IN.

However, also on Friday is NTPA Ft. Recovery which is 2 or so hours away from Goshen. They are running minis, unlimiteds, and for the Saturday afternoon session RN mods.

What if Goshen goes ok, but there is a big rain event in southern Indiana on Thursday, and Evansville's Friday pull gets cancelled the day before. Some of these guys could go to The Fort since their PPL pull got rained out, it was announced the day before, and it's only 2 hours away from where they're already pulling. That would also mean more entry fees and a better show for the fans with some top notch equipment.

Well, that won't happen under the new NTPA system unless a puller is expected to be a psychic. Any NTPA people care to comment?

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. May 10, 2024 02:32AM
This is why I said no entry fee due early in my previous post, not that you can't pay early but that way you could sign up for two events.
You could sign up for Goshen and Fort early and if one or the other rains out you head to the other and pay when you get there and if you don't end up making one or the other, you're just a scratch on the line up sheet. No harm no foul no refund policy

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. three days ago
Per the NTPA Competitor text I received yesterday, it is correct that it is an early week deadline for GN competitors. Easiest solution to combat rainouts later in the week would be to choose to enter all GN events at one time and receive your refund for a scratch. No harm or foul.

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. two days ago
The next best idea that NTPA came up with is how a puller will be turned away at the gate if they aren't signed up a week ahead. Somehow this is growing the sport!

Re: The next NTPA dumb idea. two days ago
With a hold my beer moment… we have yet another grand slam of an idea.. if you haven’t seen this yet- [ntpapull.com]

What a kick in the teeth to competitors who continue to support NTPA, this includes GN and RN competitors alike.

About pre-entry seventeen hours ago
There are 2 sides to this. NHRA has done this for years and it's similar to what NTPA is doing, but there are important differences.

With NHRA, the general public can see who has entered a race starting about 2 months out. Entries close noon Pacific (3 eastern) on Monday of race week. It is unclear how this will shake out with NTPA, but the final NHRA entry list is pretty much who will actually show up.

One huge difference- pulling teams have one semi. Full time NHRA teams have 1 semi per entry (x however many entries a team has), plus it seems like multi car teams may share another trailer, and the mobile kitchen trailer. In other words, one pulling semi carries 1, and sometimes 2 or 3 vehicles. 1 NHRA semi carries the car (and backup car if primary crashes during quals), plus additional support vehicles.

NHRA nitro teams take up huge amounts of pit parking space. This is an issue that pulling teams do not have to nearly the same degree. Plus, there can be over 500 sportsmen entries at the same race.

I hope the final NTPA entry list is who will actually be there, and not a bunch of Free Entry guys who may not be there. If done right, and published for the general public, it could be a good thing. If done in a clunky manner, it could be embarrassing

Re: About pre-entry sixteen hours ago
I have no problem with the early entry. Even though it is different as you said about the NHRA vs NTPA.

What my problem is with the new NTPA Select, Such requirements may include participation in the GN free-entry program, possession of a point standings position at or above a particular threshold as of a certain date, promoter invitation, or a combination thereof.

Re: About pre-entry fifteen hours ago
The GN Select process literally isn't new to pulling whatsoever and the reasoning for it is valid. It's just what Chapel Hill has been doing. Not an NTPA decision, it's a promoters decision. If the promoter doesn't want a long show they have every right to limit competitors while also setting a fair standard on how to select competitors. Don slama has done it pretty much every year with the TWD class at Hillsboro by requiring a Badger State or PPL license. Same reason Farley is doing it with TWD. Where as the outrage then?

Re: About pre-entry ten hours ago
Your point is valid, you are correct they have been doing this and yes it is the promoters choice. Farley is not the problem…requiring a GN license not a problem at all. It is this,Napoleon, Ohio in August (SSD, PS, TWD, FWD, MINI) will require a free-entry contract, a top-15 point standings position, or invitations by the respective promoters.

So hypothetically if you’re 16th in points, without a free contract or an invite you are not coming to Napoleon. This is right before Bowling Green as well all know. So if 20 FWD, TWD or Mini competitors are chasing points. And you sit outside top 15 without a free entry contract. Good luck, thanks for coming now you miss out on at least 15 points.

If this was a requirement to have a GN license, there would be no issues. Yea it sucks for a few RN pullers that come to play right before they travel to BG but that’s not the end of the world. But if you’ve been hitting all the events and sit 16th in points because we all know breakage happens. Now o well thanks for your membership, but you cannot even attempt to improve your final points standings.

Re: About pre-entry nine hours ago
Puller
Your point is valid, you are correct they have been doing this and yes it is the promoters choice. Farley is not the problem…requiring a GN license not a problem at all. It is this,Napoleon, Ohio in August (SSD, PS, TWD, FWD, MINI) will require a free-entry contract, a top-15 point standings position, or invitations by the respective promoters.

So hypothetically if you’re 16th in points, without a free contract or an invite you are not coming to Napoleon. This is right before Bowling Green as well all know. So if 20 FWD, TWD or Mini competitors are chasing points. And you sit outside top 15 without a free entry contract. Good luck, thanks for coming now you miss out on at least 15 points.

If this was a requirement to have a GN license, there would be no issues. Yea it sucks for a few RN pullers that come to play right before they travel to BG but that’s not the end of the world. But if you’ve been hitting all the events and sit 16th in points because we all know breakage happens. Now o well thanks for your membership, but you cannot even attempt to improve your final points standings.

If you are chasing points and are currently 16th by the middle of August,….you are not going be the champion, However you should be able to hook Napoleon if you’ve competed all season. This new requirement will make parking a lot nicer there ,…..

Re: About pre-entry seven hours ago
I never said champion, as I said improve. But yes, parking will be much easier.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009