Waupum Minnie Mo September 20, 2009 09:32AM
Some pictures of the Waupum Minnie Mo after the block blew in half.

[www.slide.com]

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 20, 2009 10:21AM
Great photos. I got the explosion on video. I'll try to get it loaded here this evening.

Like they announced...the safety equipment did its job, and at least he just got started and not fully ramped up.

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 20, 2009 03:47PM
Man very hard running 4cyl but seems to be a common occurrence. He split it in Cloverdale over the winter too. Not as dramatic though. Good fellas, havta love the yellar tractors

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 20, 2009 06:37PM
They were splitting the blocks open for a while, I think they changed from filling with hard block to something else that was stronger. Also went from 2 chargers to 3 for this year and was having some trouble sorting that out.

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 03:22AM
If you look at the pictures the block didn't actually split, the jugs separated from the crank case [technicality I know]. In Hull's case it look like the jugs were already removed and a billet chunk used instead of the jugs. That billet chunk simply separated from the crankcase.

Because of Minnie Mo having jugs/multi-piece block & crankcase the block needs to be tied to the girdle externally with a deck plate. Long bolts running externally from the deck plate to the girdle will stop the separation from occurring.

It's an awesome little tractor, hope they can get the problem rectified.

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 05:02AM
Where and when did that happen? and did anyone get hurt?

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 07:54AM
The engine in the pictures looks allot different than the last time I got to see it up close. Like I said he was busting the MM jugs for a while a couple years ago. They were staying on the crank case but were blowing the side of the cylinders out.

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 11:10AM
crank case came apart at camshaft, hey robert, if u can send that video via email let me know.

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 12:49PM
who was driving you or JD? hope no one was hurt, tractor looks like a mess any idea why it happened?

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 02:33PM
I was driving. think its just a moline thing

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 02:38PM
Thats just kinda funny! Funny in a sad way Winking

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 01:37PM
Happened in Monroe Saturday night. I don't think he was hurt, probably pretty sore the next day though. I'm sure it was good that it happened just coming off the line and not down the track at full speed...could have been a lot worse.

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 03:30PM
Hi MM Kid, May I ask who made the cylinder block? I didn't realize you guys got rid of the MM blocks. Maybe you or JD told me already but my memory is not what it used to be LOL.

Tom

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 03:53PM
I build it myself, i was happy to see that it was ok yet. lol

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 21, 2009 04:22PM
Looks like you need to make a crank case also LOL. I don't mean to make light of this, glad no one got hurt. Any idea what happened? Or did it just let go because it felt like it?

Tom

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 22, 2009 03:04AM
turned it up some, must have found the limit. no other real explanation otherwise, that we have found

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 22, 2009 07:35AM
Well, your dad was always the one who taught us, "If you gotta blow, at least make it spectacular!" Glad that you are okay - the Timms

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 22, 2009 01:48PM
Its still amazing how much those old tractor engines will take before they blow themselves all over the place. Granted there is allot done to help them stay together but Minni Mo still had basicaly a MM crank case in it yet didn't it?

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 22, 2009 02:36PM
Stock crank case and crank

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 24, 2009 09:18AM
Has any one got a video,I`d like to see it. I'm glad evryone is Ok. Justin I met you at Lyles shop in Feb.,the guys from Tx. when we were looking at blocks and sleeves for a 585.

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 24, 2009 10:02AM
Do you tie the aluminum block to the girdle like Aaron and Lyle's? This might work if you don`t have that already. If you do have that,???? Doug Voth

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 24, 2009 01:58PM
no we didnt, it was in the works. thought we didint need it cuz it was getting tired the last few funs, but guess we were wrong. hows everything down there?

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 24, 2009 03:34PM
We`re waiting on our Obama bail out money. LOL, I like the 540 class the Ntpa. We`re going to either destroke the 585 or build a LP and try to build a class with the tttpa, hope everything works out. My brother is working on a Case with a 504. We will limit to a 4.1. Get me your email and I`ll shoot you some pics. We got really slow in the trailer manufacture business, So we`re building as funds permit.
Looks like you got a little rebuilding to do yourself. If you came out with no injuries, I`d go to church on Sunday. Good to know you're alright, Stay with the minnie mo,don`t be crossdressing it wth a dt466 motor ,LOL. Doug V.

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 25, 2009 03:04AM
lol! i hope everything goes good for you guys. my email is waupum_minne_mo2@hotmail.com

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 28, 2009 03:31AM
hope everything goes good on rebuilding

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo September 30, 2009 06:20PM
Hello, does anyone have a video they can post? JD told me he would like to see a video also.

Something stronger than block filler? October 02, 2009 12:22AM
I have a question- What could you use to fill a block that is stronger than block filler?

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo October 02, 2009 02:06AM
Soon I will be getting a tape thanks to a great guy that was there taping by the name of Klint Tucker.I haven't ran into anyone yet that had taped from the stands that night.Klint might be the only lucky one that did.Could be a good seller.I'm sure Hulls will want one for their memory shelf!

Re: Waupum Minnie Mo October 03, 2009 05:32PM
We got a video of the explosion that night from the stands point of view. I'll try to get it posted sometime. I still havent got the new camera figured out...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,707, Posts: 229,810, Members: 3,330.
This forum: Topics: 37,082, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member LT Limited Pro