Full Face helmet shield September 20, 2009 12:41PM
I was wondering why do drivers have to wear a full face helmet with a shield but are not required to put the sheild down before they make the run? I have seen a lot of pullers run with the shield up but whats the point of having a shield on your helmet if you are not required to pull the shield down before you make your pass. Thank the good Lord that Mike Wilhite at tanner did not get burned more serious than he did but i noticed once again the shield was up. why the full face helmet rule if you dont use the shield also.

Re: Full Face helmet shield September 21, 2009 04:07AM
There are many possible answers? quite simply forgot to put it down or it"s fogged up so bad you can't see through it!-have had that a few times my self and yes the helmet is a Snell 2000 , some nights in some fair grounds the lighting reflects off your visor so badly that you just choose to run with it up or even partially up and wish for good luck! you just can't escape all risks in this world,even staying in bed can be dangerous? besides as my neighbour says "how do you Know if the sun comes up in the morning" good luck..

Re: Full Face helmet shield September 21, 2009 09:01AM
NTPA adopted your suggested rule.
Mainly because of the Wilhite situation.

Re: Full Face helmet shield September 21, 2009 09:24AM
About time

Re: Full Face helmet shield September 22, 2009 01:19AM
Anybody needing new helmets with faceshields, I have fantastic deals on HJC SNELL/DOT helmets in various colors, graphics, and sizes. www.snowcitymi.com. And since it is almost snowmobile time, check out our selection of 2010 gear as well as any parts you might need: tracks, belts, carbides, studs, slides--you name it--we probably have it. JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009