Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 22, 2009 12:12AM
does the rule mean that you can only do the motor and sheetmetal switch if you run a componont , what if you have a stock chasseis do you have to keep the right motor with the same sheetmetal

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 22, 2009 02:44AM
hey bruce congrats on your win over the weekend!! have a good winter.

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 22, 2009 06:43AM
Sorry, I didn't post that question, must be a differant Bruce, but thanks for the congrats I guess there was ( just one more ) good run left in it.

CONGRADS BRUCE & ROGER AND CREW September 23, 2009 04:50AM
congrats on a great year. glad i got to see some of those impressive runs. hope u guys do it again next year.

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 22, 2009 08:10AM
This sounds like a question that needs to be specifically addressed with Richwine. However, my non-official answer would be that if you compete in a class that allows a component chassis then you would be allowed to use whatever motor and sheet metal that you wanted even if you have an oem chassis.

I wonder if there is somebody out their that would be jd one week and ih the next. Hell, somebody might even want to run a deutz besides mark h.

DPS

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 23, 2009 07:09AM
2. Component chassis tractors will be allowed to run any agricultural tractor sheet metal (1960 or newer) with any legal block. Block does not have to be the same brand as sheet metal. (This applies to both Super Stock and Pro Stock tractor divisions)

As per the wording, I would interpret this new rule to mean the only component chassis tractors can mix and match motors. OEM chassis (Ag rear-end, tractor rear-end...) tractors would not be allowed to mix and match. I assume they don't want people building potentially unsafe adapter plates to link a odd motors to rear-ends. The adapter plates and the weak tie bars could really open things up for a lawsuit.

Obviously I'm not Larry Richwine, so I'm just going by the structure of the wording in the rule.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 25, 2009 05:44AM
Jake,

I understand your interpretation of the new rule and I agree with your logic and the potenetial problems (lawsuits, etc) this could cause. However, if you are a prostock tractor with OEM chassis (Cain (Aces Wild)/Eilenfeld/Shope/Millers) that competes in a class that allows components AND OEM chassis, then it would not be equitable for the non-componenet tractors to not be able to use wahtatever combiniation they want to for sheet metal, engine, etc.

Your interpretation of the rule which implies only componenet chasis can use whatever combination of engine and hoods I hope is not what the NTPA rule was intending to do. Indirectly, this may cause more of the prostocks to go the component route. It would probably be less costly in the long run than machining custom adapters, etc.

It will be interesting to see how this rule is interpretated and actually implemented.

DPS

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 25, 2009 05:51AM
I talked to a person on the NTPA board yesterday and they told me that the rules means just what it says, only component tractors can use the new engine/hood rule . They do not want pullers trying to bolt up "x" motor with "z" rearend.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2009 05:52AM by Dick Morgan.

Look for some of them in the Light Pro Stock soon September 25, 2009 07:10AM
I honestly hope this new rule is not in stone, but if so…

I think the Non-component tractors should take a serious look at jumping into the Light Pro Stock class. It’s going to be a high horsepower class with some very exciting rules. I know it’s not the starter class that some people were hoping for, but I think in just a few short years it will be one of pulling’s premier classes. I’d hope to see Larry Shope, Bill and Jason Miller, Ed Eilenfield, Palmer’s Red Avenger, Gall’s Scoundrel… and hopefully someone like Chris Cain running in this class, not to mention guys like Jeremy Smith and some other former SF pullers looking to step up the HP, but still have reliability.

I think in time the Light Pro will all but eliminate the PS class, if not eliminate it completely.

By the way, the Light Pro Stock will be a Grand National class in a very short amount of time and I’d expect it to be just an awesome class to watch.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Look for some of them in the Light Pro Stock soon September 25, 2009 01:46PM
Absolutely! The Light Pro Stock class should be a great one, and I too would like to see some of the Pro Stock guys get in it. A few Pro Stock guys... a few Limited Pro guys... a few Super Farm guys... and some completely new guys would make for an awesome class. At 540 with a big turbo it will be a horsepower class with some RPMS, but still be pretty reliable. At 8500lbs. it will have wheel speed and be a drivers' class. And because the cube limit isn't so rediculously big it should have plenty of color (WITH OEM BLOCKS THAT MATCH THE SHEET METAL!). Thumbs Up

Re: Look for some of them in the Light Pro Stock soon September 27, 2009 12:51PM
Not sure how many of the big pros will switch Jake. Many like Linders , Shope , Cains , Cope ,Littles etc have got thousands of dollars in billet heads and manifolds and big sigmas as well as the big chargers, doubt these guys will step down. Many will continue to pull PPL if nothing else. PPL prostock is big in OHio

Smoke

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 25, 2009 09:44AM
will superfarm go 4.1 or will that class just die out? at first it looked like a winner then its just kind of gone flat not died just found its spot.

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 25, 2009 12:53PM
Can OEM chassis prostocks get their weight safely to 8500? I don't think many of the oem tractors carry 1500 lbs of moveable weight.

Maybe the light prostock rules should be changed to allow component chassis for safety purposes.

DPS

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 25, 2009 01:02PM
it needs to be 9000lbs and 4.1 at 540

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 26, 2009 12:02AM
They had a 7500 lb. Super Stock for years and years, and there seemed to be no lack of stock chassis that could make weight. What's the current DSS class? Still plenty of stock chassis tractors in there too. I think the NTPA should have made it 8000 lbs. even but 8500 isn't a bad place to start.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 27, 2009 09:14AM
Jake,

In my opinion the light prostocks will be almost as powerful as the 7500 lb super stocks of the past. The torque that will be created with the technology we are using today and the knowledge we know have of how to make these tractors run might make this class the diesel version of the light super stocks we all love to watch. That is why I think this class should also allow component chassis from the start. Remeber, safety first!

DPS

Light Pro Stock and component chassis September 27, 2009 12:40PM
If the NTPA keeps the current mix and match sheetmetal rule I'm 100% against allowing component chassis in the Light Pro Stock… ever!

I know people think I’m joking or being dramatic, but I’m so against this new rule that I really am not interested in any tractor classes that adopt the rule. Other fans can watch them, but I’m not going to care one bit about an IH powered Ford winning a tractor class.

I’ve been one of the biggest proponents of LSS over the years, when they looked to be all but deceased I pushed and lobbied for the class. I wrote praise after praise of the class, and I predicted the class would be back in a big way. I predicted it would be a fan favorite… that said, if they allow this ruling to stand and anyone can run any hood… I respectfully wish the class good luck, but I’m no longer a fan.

I’m all for the Light Pro Stock, and I think component tractors are/were a good thing, but this sheetmetal ruling has soured my interest in any component class.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Light Pro Stock and component chassis September 27, 2009 01:58PM
Ditto!!!!!!! I too am no longer a fan and proponent of the component classes Thumbs Down (inlcuding the Light Supers, which used to be my favorite). Who knows... maybe the NTPA wasn't happy with those classes either, and that's why they're poisoning them with this new rule. LONG LIVE THE LIGHT PRO STOCKS!!! Thumbs Up

Re: Question about the new ntpa engine sheetmetal rule September 25, 2009 09:58AM
Good answer, If you have a OEM tractor.................you can not run "any motor"...........only componet chassis can......

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,992, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,066.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009