Question - Boxler SSD September 23, 2009 12:57AM
Is Boxler's tractor affected by the new NTPA SSD rule? New rule states 540 cui max if three pressure stages (four chargers). Does Boxler's current tractor have three or four chargers? Also, watching him run it sure seems he is pushing more than 540 cui. Just curious if the new rule affects Boxler or any of the other exisiting DSS. Boxler's was the first to come to mind thinking about who might be affected by this.

DPS

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 23, 2009 07:20AM
Last I knew the Special had three very large turbos on it. I'm not sure where their cubic inch are at, but I talked with Hans a few years back, and they had tried just about every combination you could think of with that motor. I'm not sure where they settled, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was in the 570 range, but that's just a guess in my part. No matter what their cubic inches, they should be unaffected by the 540 rule in 2010 with the 3 charger setup. On a side note, The Boxler's are some of the nicest people you'll meet at a pull, and I was really glad to see them pick up a win on the GN circuit this year... maybe if Hans or Kevin could draw a number higher than 1 (and not be the test hook) they might have just picked up another won or two.

To anyone who may be building a DSS - I'd expect that in 2011 the 540 rule gets modified to include all multi-charger Diesel Super Stocks, so builder beware.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 23, 2009 04:43PM
Thanks Jake. Boxlers are always fun to watch and when they are hooking is definitely not the time to leave your seat.
Do you know what dss tractors are for sure effected by the new dss rules?

DPS

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 23, 2009 11:13PM
Yes indeed the Boxlers are great people. Starting to make more power than the rest of the bunch and knocking on the door and now they want to punish them. The politics at NTPA continues. Wake up NPTA before you are swallowed up by PPL

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 23, 2009 11:37PM
This rule doesn’t affect Boxler’s tractor, so I don’t see how they are being punished.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 12:28AM
ppl doesnt offer a DSS class their pal do you and buckeye live togeather and drink the same kool aid?

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 12:36AM
Pro Stock my friend PPL has twice the numbers

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 12:33AM
Just looking ahead Jake to 2011

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 01:13AM
Personally, I’m all for a 540 in DSS, regardless of the number of turbochargers or pressure stages. Big cubes have caused too many problems in too many classes. A 540 cubic inch limit is still big, but a little more reasonable.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 07:20AM
Okay now what ? I know of two Steigers or Cats being built whichever you prefer with 3306's in them. Big cubes , good blocks now they will have to decube for diesel ss. Looks like the door is closed for new ideas. How about the big Deere out east him too.

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 08:48AM
I believe anything over 540 cubic inch, and to the 650 limit is only restricted by the number of turbos (3) and two pressure stages. I should say this is the way it was mentioned to me. I will also say it wouldn't matter if the tractors aren't teched correctly.

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 01:14PM
Who wanted this rule and was it meant for boxlers

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 01:21PM
Again, this rule does not affect Boxler's. The word I've gotten was the rule was thought out so it WOULD NOT affect any current GN regulars... meaning it would not affect BOXLER'S.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 24, 2009 02:28PM
Jake not all regular super stock diesel pullers were asked about their thoughts on the cubic inch propsal. The powers to be that decided this had no clue what the current competitors were and or are currently running cubic inch wise.

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 25, 2009 04:15AM
something does not seem right about your statement. I dont think the members would vote to cut the pullers throates and decube them. Maybe there something I dont understand

Re: Question - Boxler SSD September 25, 2009 01:52PM
Its all about winning and protecting the system that helps you win plain and simple. Just think if someone perfected a 600+ motor running on four turboes, that would upset the regulars. But no instead lets all go out and spend $14,000 on a hyper block and keep it under 540. Too bad we can't find the potential of the big block deere and the 3306 cat.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009