N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 26, 2009 11:48AM
I was wandering why there has not been a N/A class introduced into the NTPA or PPL??? I think this class is at times, could be more challanaging in getting horse power from tractor to track. This is also a very good class for low budget pullers to get involved in the sport.Ther are plenty of N/A tractors around pulling plus some N/A groups out there looking for a major organization to join. WHAT does eveyone think about this?

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 26, 2009 01:33PM
nobody wants them. they are like watching antique tractors. too slow and no show.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 27, 2009 05:22AM
B.S. If the skid is set right the crowd doesnt how much power they have and if they are painted up and make some noise, they are crowd pleasers. Not only do i have one but i make as much money as the hot farm guys, at 1/4 of the cost and a lot more fun than they do wrenching every week. I dont have to constantly buy the best turbo and pump year after year. Gas trailer tires beer and ice and entry fees are the most expess and i still hook to the same skid as the big boys.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 01:29AM
Don't you guys know that you can't pull tractors w/o a turbo? I mean who wants to watch a high RPM class with a great varity of tractors when you could watch 500 classes of diesel JD's and IH's that are separated by 10 cubic inches and a 1/4" different diamiter turbo housing. This arguing and fighting about all these classes is just stupid. Other than pro and super, the rest of the tractor classes are basicly the same and creating more is ridiculous. I can't belive that you people can't just make your tractors for the same rules, its just silly. And everytime you morons create a class you outlaw the only thing that could be interesting and that is gas/propane. NA classes are awesome but will never be more than brush classes b/c most pullers have a ridiculous that pulling invloves a turbo and diesel fuel.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? October 03, 2009 08:27AM
What a joke!!!!!!!You got to be kidding.....I know morre people in TN and KY and now eastern nebraska that wouldl love to pull but can not afford to cause of the damn expense of pulling on the NATPA but you guys have all the money so you can build a class for them classes. Y not ad that class look at the classes that the outlaws....They have started with the Street Mod 4wheel drive class why not add a two wheel drive class and also not everyone likes the smole and only the smoke and alky tractors, I do like both but I like to see trucks and mods pull to. I don't care what your opinion is I think that Pulling fans like to see pulling and to get new fans from across the board you need to have different classes cause everyone is differnet and has opinions so why not try to get mroe spectators every year instead of the same old crowd that normally shows up????

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? October 05, 2009 04:50AM
?????????? Sarcasum dude, sarcasum

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? October 16, 2009 01:26PM
THE COMMENT ABOUT THEM NOT GOING FAST I HAVE BEEN IN ROAD GEAR WITH MINE MORE THAN ONCE AND SO HAVE SOME OTHERS I PULL WITH SO YOU CANT SAY THEY ARE SLOW SOME TURBO TRACTORS CANT HOOK ROAD GEAR AND WE CAN PUT JUST AS MUCH SMOKE AND NOISE OUT AND PUT ON A VERY GOOD SHOW JUST LIKE THE TURBO TRACTORS. IT IS A LESSSER EXPENCIVE CLASS TO PULL AND I HAVE A BLAST HAD 20 SOME HOOKS LAST SUMMER WOULD BE THERE IF THEY WOULD START A CLASS

missing expense item Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 12:58PM
fritz,

I think you forgot your food expense!
lol

dps

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 02:20AM
You are wrong,I wish that we had them in my area.Its fun to hear a high winding NA engine.I and others I know would sure go and watch them.I can still remember the early days of pulling when lots of Light SS tractors had no turbos.Bud Baird and Jim Ebelhar from KY each had wild sounding NA 460 IH's with headers that turned a bunch of rpms.The Hill brothers from Illinois had great sounding Wards tractors that won the light SS class at Louisville the first two years.An M Farmall from KY called Super Chicken sure sounded great.A big cube NA PS class would be fun.I'll bet the MM's would be as competitive as anyone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 02:26AM by G-1000.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? October 08, 2009 02:53AM
but i've never seen a massy harris or oliver with a small block chevy in it at any antique show. you my friend are ignorant

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? March 27, 2010 11:55PM
You've never seen the Shoobridges, Ed Gortner, or Adam Camm, have you?

CPR

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 26, 2009 02:55PM
I know you are right but I still believe there could be a place for them in a show.As far as speed is concern that could be a sled operator challenage to make pull more appealling to the crowd.....

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 26, 2009 03:17PM
hey not a bad idea although we should let the deere 619s run a 5.25 hyper charger and two sigmas to keep things even

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 27, 2009 03:35AM
you see there you go .alot of you pullers can not think out side of the box.. I think a good builder could use the same parts that are in a ,say a prostock with billet heads, crankshafts,double over head cams and all other little goodies and have your self quite a machine.Ibelieve that it actually is less of a challanage to build a N/A prostock type tractor in which it could burn alcohol and run the same RPMS as a prostock blower.I believe that this could be a answer to some of the problems that keep coming up in the PPL and NTPA.....

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 06:11AM
N/A trators are way better to watch then super farms. At least N/A tractors can turn the tires

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 07:02AM
I agree!

The first step (and the last) would be to create a uniform set of rules for all the different clubs across the country.

Thats where it will begin and probably die. nobody ever wants to change. they always think that everyone should build up or down to their rules.

Here's my thoughts:

18.4-38
6000lbs plus or minus a couple hundred
NAR-9B Carb only or pick a downdraft
540 Cubic Inches
Bolt on OEM cylinder head (put spark plugs in diesel head)
homemade manifolds

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 08:00AM
i agree, i would love to see a N/A class in NTPA. Something different then all the diesels

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 09:16AM
The SS NA's are WAY more entertaining to watch than S.F.'s.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 09:26AM
i agree and disagree with step 1. 18.4 tires, weight 6500 or7000 limit on the carb and let people build as big of a cubed motor as they want. the prob is people no if they do that the molines are going to be hard to beat.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 02:31PM
505 or less, ~6000, injected, 18.4 - 38, any head, any manifold, no overhead cam/valve, alcohol only. I know this is a step up compared to what's out there, but that is needed for this to be a sanctioned class. I can hear the rpms already! Grinning Thumbs Up

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 04:04PM
Agreed exept for the cubes. If your gong to allow people to turn 8000 rpms then you should allow the cubes with lower rpms in there as well. the prob is that alot of people no that cubes are hard to compete with so they outlaw them right away. Its easy to go that route. Fritz knows what I'm talking about.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 29, 2009 11:49PM
Weight should be about #6200 no more than #6500, there needs to be a ci limit unless you want a class of all molines. Cast iron heads, could be downdraft carbs or fuel injection. There are NA tractors all over the country but getting them all on the same rules is a challange, but it would be great if it would happen.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? October 03, 2009 01:49AM
From an appearance and performance standpoint… I’m not a fan of huge airplane carbs sticking off the side of tractors. I think the rules should to allow fuel injection, and if somebody wants to put on a Stromberg carb the size of my house let them, but let in injection as well. As always, I favor small cubes and light weight! Make the class a high performance natural SS class… not an antique class.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 30, 2009 02:23AM
Most fun I ever had pulling was back in the 80's.we had a "modified farm" class.rules were simple.gas/alcohol or diesel.no turbo,2 bbl down draft carb or factory style pump,6500#,any rpm,18.4 tires any cut,stock head,any intake and exhaust manifold or header,steel flywheel,scatter blanket,side shields.cant remember the exact cube limit.we ran a 560 with 806 pistons,500 cfm 2 bbl holley carb,home made intake and header,turned about 6000 rpm's.ran 3rd and 4th gear depending on track.still had the factory ta.loads of fun,easy to maintain,reasonably cheap to build,lots of color in the class and everybody was competitive.some tractors i remember were 450,460,560,656,666 ih.88,770 880 1600 olivers,5000,6000 ford.180 allis,1080,265 masseys,2630 2640 2840 deere.and some kind of deutz and a kubota would show up every now and then.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 30, 2009 02:26AM
i forgot a moline but cant remember what it was

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? September 30, 2009 06:06AM
this class looks like it has all the answers,factory block and metal,can haul it in ill,any fuel,small cubes,any manifolds,light wt,low maint,lots of natural color,lots of rpm's,every fan can connect to these brands,huge amount of tractors already in competition currently,this would be a true starter class to move up from .

IPA pondering a class similar. September 30, 2009 01:52PM
The Illiana Pullers Association is currently looking into a class similar to this.

We have a small group of currently built tractors and we are looking for more.

6500#

We are thinking a little differently on RPM. We are thinking of a 3000rpm limit no cube limit for N/A tractors on diesel or gas or propane with a carb limit that is yet to be determined. We are planning to mix it up with small cube turboed motors on diesel or gas carbs, once again limits are still being determined.

We have an outline for the rules if anyone is interested. We are planning a meeting to take some input from potential competitors in the very near future. We will post on all the main website forums and post on our message board.

If you would like a copy of the currently proposed rules please contact me at kent7189@yahoo.com

Carl Downs

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. September 30, 2009 02:20PM
Carl, good luck with your organization. However, I think you'll find that fans and promoters (and most pullers) want rpms. Go smaller cubes and open rpms. With a spark plugs, cubes are easy to check too.

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. September 30, 2009 02:44PM
Thank you for the encouragement.

Our thinking behind the RPM limit is to help maintenace on the vehicles and to encourage new builds. .

As I said, we are going to meet and listen to input from current competitors before we put it in "stone."

We will keep everyone informed.

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. September 30, 2009 04:00PM
Its just my input but i dont think the fans only look for rpms. i think as a fan and a puller i look for speed also. I've seen and pulled against tractors with tons of rpms and don't go as fast as that lower rpm tractor. Don't get me wrong i love to watch rpms and i'm not saying they are all slow, but there is more to a show then just rpms. I just think that the people that built a lower rpm tractor for what ever reason( cubes, realibility, whatever) should get the same chance to pull what they got just like the high rpm tractors. No matter what I think that it would be an awsome class and i hope something comes for NA tractors

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. September 30, 2009 05:06PM
Most fans want to hear high rpm motors. Theres already enough 3000 rpm classes around.

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. September 30, 2009 11:24PM
illini state pullers has both 5000# and 7000# na classes very popular and fun to watch. web site on links page.

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. October 01, 2009 07:51AM
I have seen those tractors run with the illini state pullers, and they are very fun to watch. That is a great group of pullers

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. October 02, 2009 03:26PM
My point to this whole discussion is to get an interest in a N/A group with speed and raw horse power.Ibelieve it could be done and be very competitive whether or not it is green or red.10000 pound class or 9000 pound to me would be a sinceable weight classes.motors could be built as modifed as you want the class to be ,it just depends on how much cash you want to spend or how deep you want it to go....

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. October 03, 2009 03:21AM
need cube limits no matter what weight you make it someone will build a minnie or v8 big cubes

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. October 05, 2009 04:08PM
Carl. is this class going to have more than two tractors? wondering!

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. October 05, 2009 11:33PM
NICE! We can take that on the chin and smile. We don't take ourselves so seriously that we can admit a few shortcomings in some of our plans of the past. We can at least say that we are trying to move forward and are trying new things to attempt to improve our group. Those of you that have been to our shows know that we have one class that we "struggle" with and we have worked and are working on improving that.

To answer the question, we have been watching a group of pullers that have been in the area on a few occaisions and are impressed with what the shows they have been putting on. They have been bringing on the average, 6 to 7 vehicles to the shows they have been coming to.

BTW, since this string, I have had 2 new inquiries on the class via e-mail and a couple of phone calls. We are excited about bringing in the new class and what may come.

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. October 06, 2009 02:22AM
i tell you what, I am not from that state and i would show up whenever i could just for the fact that it sounds like it is going to be a class where people aren't afraid to run against a moline. thats true competition and thats somewhere were i could go and have FUN. not worry about winning all the time but just have fun.

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. October 06, 2009 07:09AM
Look forward to seeing you. Keep an eye on this site, we will be posting a meeting date in the near future.

attn:Carl Downs October 10, 2009 05:51AM
Carl could you please call me about the n/a class rules,Thanks Larry home 1-765-886-5022 cell 1-765-220-0517

Why so heavy October 10, 2009 06:06AM
Why does everyone always want a 7500 or 10000 class? What is wrong with a 5000lb class with say a 400 cube limit? It would be a great class with some high HP, fast tractors. The big cube, heavy classes make it a MM show. There seems to be enough heavy classes, it is time to get back to the 5000-5500 range.

Re: Why so heavy March 30, 2010 01:16PM
that would be a great class

Re: attn:Carl Downs October 10, 2009 08:23AM
Larry, I got the message and your numbers. I will call you soon. Thank you for the interest. Carl Downs

n/a class at the half century of progress October 10, 2009 09:31AM
i must say i enjoyed watching the na cl;ass at the half century of progress in illinois this year....they had a cube limit in the high 600's and everything pulled...they had a couple hercules 478 cubed up and even had a 966 with 600+ cubes...but there was the fair share of perkins and cat v8's and a massey with a perkins won it... but with all theose cubes they sure were fun to watch so i gotta say the cube limit has to be in the high 6 to 700 hundred range...mm has the 504/585...jd has the 616/massey the perkins...oliver/white the cat/herc and you can obviously get the dt up there for u IH guys...just comes back to the same thing pulling always comes back to...spending the most money$$$$$

Re: n/a class at the half century of progress October 10, 2009 01:51PM
I pull with IPA some this past year,and all I can say is they are a very good bunch of good guys to pull with.I would also like to add ,that Carl Downs is one of the best track side annoucers there is in the business.The N/A group is one of the most friendly that I have pulled with. there is also a lady driver that does an excellent job in driving her Massey Ferguson 1155 .The group is well diversified and best I can tell get along great. I have met new people and now feel I can call them my friends.

Re: n/a class at the half century of progress October 15, 2009 02:19PM
what kind of hp are these n/a tractors making around 400 cid on gas?

Re: n/a class at the half century of progress March 24, 2010 11:44AM
Throw in some nitrous to your unlimited rpms. That will put on a show. The boys in Missouri know how to do it.

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. March 27, 2010 01:45AM
The ISPA has a 10,000 and 12,000 na class that on times go pretty fast but they are a competative classes. They have a cubic inch limit of 650 and a rpm limit of 3500 and have a good set of rules. The website is www.ilspa.org

Re: IPA pondering a class similar. March 27, 2010 02:22AM
Isp has a 5000 and a 7000 pound N/A class unlimited cubes unlimited rpm can have fuel injection on alcohol cast head and each class had over 20 hooks last year

Mid West Pullers has an N/A class March 28, 2010 10:48AM
I think the rules are 10,000lb and 3000rpm. You would have to check the website for the rest.

Re: nitrous in mo? March 28, 2010 01:28PM
What mo pullers run nitrous? I bet that would throw in some excitement when ya hit the button!
Runing nitrous legal would be one less rule to enforce plus who doesnt' want more power in their nat asp tractor.

Re: nitrous in mo? April 27, 2010 03:04PM
There are pullers in the IAMO association that run nitrous and are n/a tractors. They put on a great show.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? March 31, 2010 03:23AM
These are great class ideas and i would love to see this class come together. My point of view is that they should run high rpms, reason being people like to watch high wheel-speed, and the faster the motors turning the easier it is to faster wheel speed, making the class have pace. One question though, if you are going to run light weights, are you going to run component chassies? it would be much easier to make weight then.

Shelby Page

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 07, 2010 01:07PM
My Idea as a spectator, gearhead, sometimes antique puller, and hopefully future puller, my rules would be:

650 cube limit
6500 or 7500 lbs
components allowed
engine under sheetmetal must be same arrangement as original spec (example, 4020 deere requires inline 6, a massey originally equipped with perkins v8 needs a v8)
Diesel, Gasoline, alcohol
EFI allowed on Gasoline
No aftermarket engine block
2 valve per cylinder

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 12:22AM
If you dont have a cubic inch limit youll have some big CI molines( Around 1000 close) that will dominate the class, after a couple of years everyone else will get tired of having their ass handed to them every weekend by an engine that has 3 times the dispalcement. Then pullers will quit coming to the pulls and the class will be a couple of molines. Then they drop the class and it all screws up a good thing, Ive seen it.

BTW: On a carb limit a 4bble downdraft should be allowed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2010 12:23AM by walt.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 05:32AM
I completely agree there needs to be a CID limit, open rpms and carb/FI options. If the CID limit were 531, everyone (Case, IH, Oliver, MM, AC, JD, Ford, MF) can get there pretty easily with the blocks they are already running. It may be hard to get a 310 Waukeshaw that big, but the rules could allow for a 478 Hercules to be an acceptable block for both Oliver and Cockshutt. This would make this class fun and very competitive. I doubt any one brand would dominate if the CID were set at 531. I had high hopes for the new Illinois NA class, but I am concerned their restricted RPM and unlimited CID may eventually make this class a MM or MF 97 only class.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 05:35AM
What Massey Ferguson engine are you referring to that will be able to compete at 531? The smaller of the two V8 Perkins in the 1000 series Massey's is 540ci.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 07:47AM
the MF 97 was built by the minneapolis moline corporation for massey ferguson, it was powered by the 504 6cyl minnie mo engine, this is the same as a MM G705. Its fairly simple to replace a few engine parts with those off of an HD800 moline engine which is why they are so popular/competitive in the unlimited cubic inch N/A classes.

Nathan Barrett
Seein' Red

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 09:21AM
wasn't the v8 in the 1150 a 510,the 1155 was 540.the v8 mf,and a destroked cat ,both on gas would be wicked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2010 09:23AM by patches.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 01:18PM
yeah, 531 would probably be a better displacement rule, but god please no rpm max, if you have to have it, make it 6500, 3k rpm would be a snooze fest....

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 02:52PM
I appreciate all of the input that everyone has "verbalized" about this class idea.

There are a few things that some people have missed about what the IPA is trying to do with this class.

First, we are mixing n/a & turbo tractors in this class. We did our research with 3 or 4 engine builders as we were putting these rules together so that we wouldn't just hand the class to a certain combination. At today's limits, which are unlimited cube N/A on gas, diesel or propane with a P pump max and updraft carb(s) at 3000 rpm or 380 cube single turbo (2.3" inducer) on gas, diesel or propane. Both combinations will be limited to 3000 rpm. The builders we spoke to gave us estimations of 400 hp with it eventually moving up to 500 or so as people really start working with combinations.

The class also allows for engine upgrades. This gives a puller several options. It is not as restrictive as an antique class that needs all part numbers to match. The builder can do some thinking and put together some interesting combinations that would be reasonably affordable and competitive. i.e. 3208 Cat in an 880 Oliver on diesel or gas. (how cool would it be to see an 880 with zoomies?!?!?!) a DT 360 in a IH 560 w/turbo or 4010 John Deere on a Colberg turbo/propane combo, Case 900 with a 5.9 Cummins. So, these are the color solutions to the class. Yes currently the Molines are the primary color, they are already built and are planning on running with us but I have talked to several people that aren't scared.

We will give this some time and see how it developes, if certain combinations begin to run away with the class after time we will evaluate the situation and see what we can do.

Secondly, the 3000 rpm limit is there for a couple of reasons. The primary being dependability. We will need tractors to stay together to put on a show and 3000rpm combined with the other limits should allow a person to spend time enjoying tractor pulling instead of working on something that is broke.

And if 800 cubes of motor turning 3000 rpm doesn't sound like something is getting done then I guess you will need to go to your local national event if you've got one.

This class will probably start out with a 14mph gear that I can see turning into a 16 to 17 mph withing 4 seasons. Does anyone remember ITPA Farm Stock tractors before they could pull road gear?

We put this together due to our increasing schedule. We needed to add some more variety to our show and we saw some local competitors that were having a hard time finding places to hook their particular combinations we approached them and did some homework together and this is what we were able to come up with. We have had several inquiries and we hope this gives some opportunities for some pullers who don't want to pull antiques but can't afford a light super or limited pro to come and have some fun.

Carl Downs

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 03:00PM
I don't know, but after that explanation I'm kind of liking this class...

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 03:35PM
sounds like an interesting class. i think the 380 cube tractors are going to have their hands full with the molines. my moline with the 800 in it is already at 17 mph at 3000. give me open rpms and a 380 wont stand a chance. good luck with that class. we might have to come play with carl and his club.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 08, 2010 11:59PM
We look forward to seeing you. We are in the process of getting the new rule book up on our website. When we get that and our schedule in order I will be posting it on this and the other forum pages. Keep an eye out.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 09, 2010 02:30AM
Has anybody thought about rating the rpms by the cubic inches of the engine. What I'm saying is a 1000ci engine at 3000 rpm will suck 868 cfms so a 500ci engine could turn 600 rpms and flow the same cfm meaning they should be equivilent in performance. The 1000 ci engine should have more touque but the 500ci engine should have more hp.
Just a thought. Chucky

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 09, 2010 01:35PM
You guys need to go to the summer pull in ill. in June and all pull against each other. I think they have a light and a heavy na class to choose from. Just see how each combination works against the other.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 10, 2010 11:11AM
Bring it on 800.... nothing would make me smile any more than a 800 ci moline smokin my ssa,,,, but look out next weekend, gettin all that mass to turn that much each weekend,,,,,, well lets say Im gonna have one big chuckle when we both puke and a 460 ih smokes us both!!!!!!!

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 11, 2010 04:51AM
Bob, sounds like you are ready to go. That is great. If you need anything don't be afraid to give me a call. I am pretty busy with some flywheel and Chuck's transmission(waiting on parts) but I want to see that Chalmers out there.

Good luck and we will see you soon!

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 11, 2010 03:49PM
hey bob. i might just take you up on that offer. i have been turning them rpms for 3 years now so im not to worried about that 460. eat that ih guys.haha. in fact i used to pull a 560 that turned about 7400 rpms and thought i was pretty cool until that 800 minni showed up and wiped my butt by about 100 feet. that kind of got my attention to the yellow tractors that everybody overlooked. just curious to what your ride is bob.its been fun chating with you.

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 12, 2010 01:05PM
Hey 800 Good to bs with ya. Hell im in this just to learn and meet people, cant afford to get a store bought tractor so gotta do it all myself!!!! Me im puttin together a 7000 allis with a 301 to run with those overated (ha ha ha ha......) minis!!!! When it come to pullin, I got this buddy ( I wont mention your name Chuck) that keeps tellin me everbodys got a chance at first, just keep in mind if you get 10 tractors 1 will be weighted wrong, 1 wont start,1 will go out of bounds 1 will find a wet spot just to prove the other side of the tracks better, last 1 wil just flat blow up!!!!! That bein said drop the hook IM IN THE MONEY..... Dont make a difference 301,404,466, or overated 519 and 631...... wait a minute and 800s Alot can happin in 300 feet. Damn I cant even get it off the trailer!! Are we in this to make a livin at pullin??? some think so look at the bichin on here sometimes. And O yah while your readin this, the 460 just smoked are asses!!!! Remember stress is for grade 8 bolts, lets just sit back and have a good time..........Darn it you just beat me by 4/100 of a inch, Your turn to by the BEER!!!!!!

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 12, 2010 01:17PM
haha well put zero Beer

Re: N/A TRACTORS IN NTPA OR PPL???? April 12, 2010 03:15PM
hey bob. it is so nice to finally find a guy that thinks the way i do. dont care about winning or losing, money or no money, smoke or no smoke. just in the sport simply because you love it. i think there are alot of people that kind of need to think about that a little bit, or alot and stop all the bitc--- and just have fun instead of starting all the drama all the time. bob i would love to pull with you anytime. good luck to everyone this year and lets go pullin

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason