YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read September 30, 2009 01:23PM
Shramek's performance the last couple years has been very impressive, not many will argue that. Why is it so impressive? To me, it is because of the setup. Many would admit he is at a disadvantage right off the bat because of the color. To me that is why it is so impressive what he has accomplished. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if it was just another red tractor. It also wouldn't be a big deal if it was an orange tractor with a binder block. He has taken the 426 block, made it run well and dropped it in a great chassis.

With the new rule, those days will be over. Maybe not next year or the year after, but at some point, the few off brand set ups currently running will be gone, and no new ones will be built. Take note, you all have witnessed the death of brand loyal pulling in component classes, and NTPA will loose a lot of the fans that made it what it is today.

Thanks Dick, for posting the board members info. I will look back someday at those names and remeber one distinct thing. Those were the guys that let it happen.

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 01, 2009 01:00AM
Couldn't agree more!! Brian and others like him are the whole reason I go to pulls like BG. If (and that is a large if) it becomes watered down with cross manufacturer line engines, the desire to see them will certainly be diminished for me. For some reason, some people continue to say the fans don't/won't care, but some of us still do. As a puller, I care even more. A very poor decision by the NTPA, no wonder PPL is gaining ground steadily.

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 01, 2009 02:38AM
Couldn't agree more. There has to be something else at work here because as the Morgan's point out there is no benefit. I smell a rat !
This organization has been in decline for a while now. As a result I let my subscription to the Puller magazine, which had run continiously since 1972, expire late last year. I understand that things evolve over time. The need for better & more expensive safety equipment is a no brainer,but this rule is simply stating to the fans that the NTPA board thinks you're a bunch of morons. Hopefully Louisville & PPl won't allow this. But for me brush pulling & smaller local organizations are now looking like the leaders of tractor pulling.

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 01, 2009 02:51AM
I agree! I hope that the other organizations do NOT follow suit by accepting this rule, but rather stick to keeping brand heritage in tact for current and soon-to-be-built tractors

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 01, 2009 04:02AM
The AC tractors can run the Detroit clone IH with the old rules . He stayed with the AC. The new rules just give him more engine opts.
I can not see many JD pullers going red block and if they did , they are not going to talk about it. When you see a Ford, NH, Agco, Case IH will it have the FORD truck or the cummins or AC or Detroit or maybe IH. John Deere is the only company left to use deere engines in most of there products and they also switched to Cummins on some of there big HP equipment.
Jake I can tell you are not happy with new rule, but in long run I do not see it as a big problem . Not many JD or IH will cross lines and if they do not many will know about it. Nothing stands still, There will always be change.

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 01, 2009 05:33AM
change is good!

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 01, 2009 05:41AM
What about running the Iveco motor? girdle engine, overhead cam, 8.1 and a 10.3 even a 12.88 liter....same setup engines....
allowed?....in corncutter and combine and trucks..? CNH machinery

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 01, 2009 09:58AM
I will admit, I am an AC puller. This rule is supposedly going to help me out by giving me more options. However, I still think this rule is bogus and I'm totally against it. A great day for me is when I can see an orange tractor run with all the Hyper red and Riverside green equipment. Those days are going to come to an end with the adoption of this cop-out rule, and so will my days of being a loyal NTPA fan.

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 01, 2009 11:31AM
Dont get me wrong I will still watch a NASCAR race if there is nothing else to do. I am just not into it as much after they introduced the " car of tommorow" I think that is where NTPA may be heading with the anything under the hood rule. I pulled and watched tractor pulling for 35 years and brand loyalty is what it is all about. I guess that is why I like the BSTP llss and other similar classes so much ,you still get the colors and know what the tractors really are and see what they are capable of. What next templates and sealed engines???

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 01, 2009 02:58PM
Bottom line, NTPA has ruined tractor pulling as we know it.

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 01, 2009 11:04PM
To all who beat this rule change to death your are looking at taking the worse case scenarios and giving it a blanket effect to all of pulling. Pulling has been and will continue to be a progression of power. It started with horses and went to tractors with men standing along the white lines and stepping on to the sled and a constant pushing of rules and boundries to get an edge on the next man. To all who bash this rule, including The Morgans and like it or not the edge is being reached on the many of the older blocks and the edge will be reached on what there is out there today. Then what happens?? Another rule will come and change that to. Just the availability of some blocks that should match sheet metal is not out there. In all of your minds YOUNG BLOOD is the example of making it work and Mr. Shramek has made the 426 block work, but the block no where comes close to matching the sheet metal. Then you will say it matches the line that it came from, which just justifies your thought process to give you that warm fuzzy feeling it is correct. If you are truly so concerned about this rule then help get sponosors and money into pulling, because as long as the man who puts his money where his mouth is needs to feed the beast he has choosen to build and that beast does not get feed unless you are competitive. The best you can every hope for is paying your expenses and up keep from year to year and with a good year you will be able to make some up dates or gain some parts, but you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER get what you put into $$$$ wise.

To me I'm very proud of where pulling is at and what it has accomplished. I come from a farming community, have worked on a farm, my step father was a ag dealer and what is happening in tractor pulling is what has happened in agriculture by progression. Farmers brought tractor pulling to us, they changed pulling through the years and it has progressed because of it and you will find most people that are in pulling today have some type of agri. tie in their history or they would not be in pulling. So to me you bash all pullers whether, they agree with the rule or not because it has been their efforts that have brought it to where it is at.

Remarks have been made that the blocks will just become cookie cutters and everyone will run the same, so be it. Pulling is more than just the block. It is reading the track, picking the line to go down the track, hitch height, weight placement etc. Maybe we should make a rule that all weights should match the tractor sheet metal.

A remark was made that an insult was made of NATPA, I think not, a sarcasict remark was made but not an insult and why because those folks are pushing the limits of what they build just the same as pullers at the national level of NTPA and alot of them are not totally true to the sheet metal they run. One of the smartest people I know has built a many of the engines for NATPA tractors and his name will be famaliar to all and that is Lawrence Gingerich, because if you have a Gingerich motor more than likley your are winning some, where ever you pull.

So to the naysayers who wish to condemn this rule, I say you have more to offer by getting on board than beating the dead horse. WHY you may ask, because you know the history of pulling, although you would like for it to stay some what close to what it was, but I say share your history with the new fans that will come and be proud of where it came from.

Thank you

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 01, 2009 11:57PM
well said we have went from ag rearends and transmissions to truck rearends and profab trans were's the loyality there

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 02, 2009 12:02AM
When “the edge is reached” in ALL other motorsports they either lower the cubic inches, take away air, or dilute their fuel a little more. They ALWAYS take their power away. They do this knowing full well that it will actually increase the technology in their respective motorsport. In time… as the technology develops they are back to the exact same HP levels. Again… they slow them down a little bit, this process is an endless cycle that keeps the motorsport sustainable.

The show is not 100% about HP despite what many of you think. If ALL the LSS guys went out and got intercoolers would the show itself be any better? Probably not, they would add a weight to the sled and they would all go the exact same distance they went before the inner coolers. If they opened up the Pro Stock class to 1000 cubic inches would the show be any better? Probably not, they would go out and all find a new motor that could get to that limit. Vaughn Bauer and Dave Hager would add a few more weights to the box and they would all finish roughly the same spot. The show value would not be increased at all.

Bigger isn’t technology, and it’s not ALL about HP.

So is a different hood technology? Well if that hood is made of Kevlar maybe, or if that hood is a new space-age alloy, it’s got technology in it… but I think it’s pretty obvious to everyone that the hood is not technology in tractor pulling. The hood gives no aerodynamic advantage, and it gives not one single performance advantage.

Hoods are not technology, and allowing people to run any hood doesn’t increase technoloy.

As for getting on board… one of the greatest aspects of America is the ability to speak out when we see something as wrong. There are laws passed everyday that the majority of American disagrees with. People rally support against those laws and attempt to get them overturned. Some get overturned… some don’t. People voice their opinion about everything from Gay Marriage to zoning ordinances regarding the acceptable color of your house. Some of these laws benefit society in general and some don’t. It’s the democratic process. Personally I’m all for the democratic process, but that’s not what happened here… Most members didn’t know about this rule. Not many people voted, there was no public discussion beforehand, there was simply a fly-by-night rule made. As a business that’s the NTPA right, as a consumer who buys their product, and as a media outlet that reports about their product… I and everyone else who buys their product not only have a right, but also have a moral obligation to speak out about their decisions.

Personally I think that this websites, and sites like Easternextreme.com, pullingworld.com, Fonda’s page… etc… and plenty of other have been very beneficial for this sport. They allow for a forum to share opinions and voice displeasure and well as accolades.

As for me getting on board… I will not get on board with something I disagree with, and I think it would actually be detrimental to do so.

Thanks for the opinion and well written post, but I respectfully disagree.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 02, 2009 12:36AM
Mr. Morgan

You are correct the show is more than about horsepower and that was stated and that was said in the post. This rule has been talked about among competitors for sometime, just because you did not have the inside track does not mean it has not been discussed.

When you take your blinders off the post was not about the hood and the technology or the sheet metal it was about the sport in general and those that made the sport which is the AMERICAN FARMER. Who through their trials and errors, improved farming and have moved this sport ahead.

Yes you are as free as a bird to vent, give a opinion do whatever you choose, you pay the bill for the website, but pullers pay the bills on there tractors.

No comments were made that message boards have harmed anything or anyone.

So boycott pulling, boycott NTPA, boycott pullers who you believe will destory the pulling world because of this rule and do what you have to, which you have stated is your choose and is, but make no mistake pulling will continue with out you or me.

Re: Do you think the Americain Farmer's who are fans supports this? October 02, 2009 12:48AM
Aren't the farmers in the ones at the pulls with the Green and Red caps and shirts? Wonder why they wear them? But I'm sure your your right the farmers aren't nearly intelligent to know what engine is powering a tractor. (That was sarcasm in case you missed it)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 12:56AM by binderpower.

Re: ReGrinningo you think the Americain Farmers who are fans Supports This? October 02, 2009 12:59AM
Are not farmers some of the pullers that are in the seats?? Your inteligence is showing in your lack of understanding of what I said, not the AMERICAN FARMER. The AMERCIAN FARMER knows and understands way more than a sheet metal rule and this is not ( sarcasm )

Re: ReGrinningo you think the Americain Farmers who are fans Supports This? October 02, 2009 04:28AM
Sorry if I wasn’t clear on a few points: “No comments were made that message boards have harmed anything or anyone.” The point I was trying to make regarding message boards was before the NTPA brings up a rule at a meeting they should have a grace period to discuss the ramifications of the rule. Yes... everyone knew this rule was being discussed in years past, but it was thrown at tired people in a meeting and they are supposed to instantly decide what’s best for the sport?

Why not have a rules meeting... everyone bring up any suggestions regarding rules. Have a one month research period to use every means available to gather idea and opinions. After one month convene at the second meeting. At the second meeting no new topics are discussed, only topic from last month. At the end of the meeting vote on each discussed topic and for logical rules that represent what’s not only best for the sport, but what the pullers, fans and promoters want. The internet can do a great deal of good discussing those ideas during the one month waiting period.

Yes, the American Farmer is great, but I fail to see what that has to do with the NTPA’s role in this rule change.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: ReGrinningo you think the Americain Farmers who are fans Supports This? October 02, 2009 04:39AM
Mr. Morgan

In your utopia that you describe on rules that would be real nice. The problem is you get 1001 an opinions and nor direction and somebody has to make the decision. In this case it was a number of various people, with NTPA being the relay or outlet of the information and yes with WPI approval.

What does NTPA have to do with the AMERICAN FARMER. The orginal NTPA was bascially founded by farmers and presently a larger number in the organization still are.

Re: ReGrinningo you think the Americain Farmers who are fans Supports This? October 02, 2009 05:18AM
Fortunately, the 1001 opinions can still be looked at with simple mathematics. Simple math can help guide even the most aimless of organizations.

If the NTPA is truly doing what is best for the motorsport… what exactly is their vision? If they do indeed have a vision why is it being implemented so poorly and without clear mission statements regarding those goals? Does the NTPA’s vision of the future (if they have one) line up with what fans, pullers, sponsors, and promoters have for a vision of the future? If they have no vision how can they move forward into the future with a positive outcome?

Yes, the NTPA was started farmer’s… so was congress… so was you’re state… does that mean those organizations are intouch with what the American Farmer wants today?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: ReGrinningo you think the Americain Farmers who are fans Supports This? October 02, 2009 05:27AM
Mr. Morgan

My question to you is. Is there a vision?? Have you ever seen a mission statement, vision statement or any statement come from NTPA?? Who is running the program for NTPA so those answer can be obtained?? When will you run for CEO of WPI so we can have thes answers??

The AMERICAN FARMER IS FAR MORE IN TOUCH with this than the Congress of these United States is in touch with the people of the country.

Re: ReGrinningo you think the Americain Farmers who are fans Supports This? October 02, 2009 09:04AM
That’s exactly my point… The NTPA has not clearly defined a vision (and if they have they have yet to share it with the general public). That is their biggest problem: either they have no clear vision of the future they’d like for the sport, or they are unwilling to share their vision with the general public. Either is extremely unfortunate, here’s why:

If the NTPA has no clear vision and no clear leadership – Well, without vision and without a leader: how do you know where you’re going? How to you know when you get there? And just where exactly is “there”. The truth is every organization needs leadership, every organization needs direction to be successful. With the NTPA , a vast majority of the time I even wonder if they know where they currently are, let alone where they are going!
If the NTPA has a clear vision (again, they have to have one first) and is unwilling to share their vision with the general public – Well, if the NTPA is not sharing where they want the sport to go then people start to speculate on why they aren’t willing to share their vision: is it because they want to take the sport in a direction that a majority of people don’t want to see it go? Does the NTPA think the people are not intelligent enough to understand their vision? Is the NTPA so arrogant that they believe that people will follow them no matter what they decide? Obviously none of the above choices reflect well on the NTPA. If you know where you want to take the sport, and you have nothing to hide regarding you motives, why not share that clearly defined vision.

The NTPA’s lack of transparency and inability to communicate in a modern and public manner have demonstrated the serious need for a PR overhaul. They’ve continued to hurt their own image by making rules that seem to be arbitrary, and not inline with a specific direction, and if they indeed have a direction they’ve yet to share that vision.

As for your second question… I’d love to be the CEO of WPI. I’d also love to be a board member for NTPA or WPI. I think either opportunity would be wonderful. I don’t think they’d be quick to welcome me in their organization because of my open dialog on this page. People may disagree with me, they may agree with me, but they will always know where I stand on issues and why I take that stance.

As for my vision of the future – anyone who’s read my page knows it’s: lower cubic inches, rules that encourage true brand variety, unified rules across state and national classes, proactively writing rules for future classes that the organization could take under its wing, market the sport more effectively to it’s core rural audience, increasing show efficiency, increase transparency and create a sense of trust with the pullers and the fans, give the fans an active voice in the future of the sport, keep the costs affordable through logical rules, take market-share back from the competition through honest upfront practices, and preserve one of the sports most valuable assets… brand loyalty.

My vision and the goals I’ve supported on this page have been clear for a number of years. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view), I don’t think you’ll see me on a national board anytime soon, but I’d be more than happy to serve if asked.

As for farmer's being intouch with the sport, or the sport being intouch with farmers... that 's a great topic for another debate... (feel free to start a new thread on that if you'd like)

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: ReGrinningo you think the Americain Farmers who are fans Supports This? October 02, 2009 09:26AM
Mr. Morgan

We agree!!!!!!!! Woa Hoo!!!!!!!!!! What you have as a concern of NTPA of no vision, no direction, fly by the seat of your pants year to year and hope for the best is totally valid. I would love to serve on either one of those boards also, but kinda hard when you do not agree with the present CEO and his great vision of the future and where it should be. Which is and shall remains a secret until change comes.

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 02, 2009 01:08AM
Jake with the logic you just presented about bigger and better engines and technology not making any better shows, then if the same mentallity had been used 25 years ago to pulling when 2 charger 426's were a tough setup, yet the sleds were set to achieve 300+ ft there would have been no point to make it to the performance level we are at today because it doesnt make for a better show? Yet would you agree that watching Boxlers special is no more impressive or a better show than say Danny Dean in 1980's era? Would say John Predovics 7910 LSS from 1980's era with a correct sled setting be no more impressive then say Kevin Lynns current ride? The technology must keep increasing and yes Bauer and Hager will have to stop them, but still the performance in that 300ft, the wheels up, tremendous ground speed, incredible tirespeed is what fans see and love, and as a puller myself, the pullers live for too! Now I dont agree with this current changes myself, but not based around the block, I dont think crossing brand lines is smart I do believe alot of fans wont understand or like this, I dont believe they will walk away, but it may in a few generations lead to a lesser interest level. The Hemis are kinda a generic power combo, due to all the alky and fuel racing with dragsters, and the aftermarket companies jumping in and refining the combo. The current KB and BAE motors and parts are a far cry from the original 426's from Chrysler. So as the years have progressed they have become kinda the generic standard for a blown power plant, similar to say a 9" Ford, or a Powerglide tranny,etc. So in my opinion thats why the truck pullers and fans really dont make this a sticking point in pulling about crossing brand lines, and maybe we are just at the beginning of a new process such as this, and the dominant best tractor block/motor combo will win out and become the standard. I believe a better way of pulling this off(pun intended), is to jump foward skip all the middle with manufacturing technology what it is today, and build the aftermarket full on pulling block(billet block so to speak) and allow all colors to use this technology. I believe this will have a better affect an the fans and pullers by not crossing brand lines, yet allowing the natural progression of technology in building more and reliable power!

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 02, 2009 01:46AM
Bob.

What you just said will happen and in 5 years or so and most likely will be and we will move from this rule to that rule and those that can still pull will do that. For now there are blocks out there that are better than others and better than blocks that are pushing 40 and 50 years old. But how does a puller test this things?? Pulling is not NASCAR, where corporations pony up the money for R&D. Pulling is not NHRA that has corporate money to do this with or IRL or Formula 1. Pulling does its R&D by trial and error and by the trial and error of the individual who is forking out the money. Look how long it has taken Alky to compete with the diesels, 30 years or so and now the Alky is on top and that was all by trial and error done by the individual puller. Not sponsorship money, not corporate money but an individuals money.

To me it is taking the trial and errors that have happen to date and allowing the puller to choose if they so desire to run a motor that is competitive and takes just one part of the equation out of the picture, because it takes more than just a motor to be successful in pulling.

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 03, 2009 11:31AM
Jake, from those I have talked to (not every SS puller), it seems that the class representatives wanted this rule change. Now, if the reps only voted their own conscience, then there is an argument to be made. But, if the reps actually polled the competitors in the classes and the democtratic principle applied--majority rules--then presented the change, so be it from the competitor's perspective. I am not saying that I don't disrespect your opinion about it, just that that is what the competitors wanted. So, then we got to accept it. What about the mod rules that were disallowed that it seems most were willing to try at the state/region level???? Seems there is some bias on the board in that matter. JW

Re: Members watching too much NASCAR October 02, 2009 12:31AM
You are ignorant! Who has beat the rule to death? It has only been out for a couple of weeks. What would be the appropriate amount of time to discuss and debate? 3 days? I wouldguess that if a legitimate pole could be done on this topic with a large group of fans at like BG or Henry 70 - 80% would be against this rule.

I am 100% against the rule. I can only speak for myself. I do not farm, but grew up on a farm. I began going to tractor pulls before I was 5 and now am introducing my son to the sport. I probably attend 5-10 events a year. I would estimate that in an analysis of pulling fans I would fall above the casual fan, and below the super fan level.

For people who enjoy trucks, mods, and mini's I'm sure this rule is insignifigant and the debate seems like a waste of time. For someone who comes from a farm background it is a big deal. Even the casual fans I know and attend pulls with are brand loyal. We all know that the majority of fans prefer tractors to doorslammers.

Under the new rules why does the sheet metal even have to resemble an tractor? Why not just build a aluminum box over the motor? The only thing to keep this rule from causing problems is the competitors are brand loyal also. A JD guy doesn't want to have to use an IH motor to win. If he is a true JD guy he will need to win with a JD motor. He his only concern is winning then way does he care if he runs IH sheet metal? The majority of the competitors in the tractor classes have some ag background and have a favorite brand. They are our only hope to keep this from hurting the sport. The NTPA, who I have defended and supported, failed.

Thank you to the Morgan's for maintaining a site to discuss and debate. I can't understand how people can attack you for sharing your opinions.

Thumbs DownAngry The NTPA just "KILLED" technology! October 02, 2009 12:36AM
I guess what really amazes me is the belief [by some] that this rule change some how “increases” technology in the sport. Nothing could be farther from the truth. The new NTPA rule just killed technological advancements’ in the sport. Why should Brian S. or Eric V. or anyone else that wants to develop an “off” brand tractor now? The NTPA just killed the remarket value of these types of motors. Why spend time and money to develop a different brand of motor when you can now just call Hypermax or Riverside and have them send you their latest and greatest “crate” motor.

And the other belief that “why worry about the change, nobody will do it” is amazing. If NOBODY WILL DO IT, why have the rule?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2009 12:44AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Thumbs DownAngry The NTPA just "KILLED" technology! October 02, 2009 12:53AM
Mr. Morgan Sir

Tractors are being built as we spout off about this which have motors that have not been tried or proven to be successful and will be out next year and the years to come. They will need the technology that you say is going by the way side to be successful. Somebody will come out with an SISU motor at some point, never been used but will be tried

I will say again to make a blanket statement that the sky has fallen and the pulling world will end is not true because of this rule. Will there be odd ducks out there you bet, just as there already is today and will be tomorrow. As Jake likes to make predictions and will make a prediction that the greater precentage of those that pull will stay true to the color they pull and not have a bunch of off beat items, but time will let us know what happens and it will take time.

As far as driving the cost of the off brand down it has always been down. If you have a John Deere and it was neat clean well put together, but good not get out of its way it will always bring more money than an off brand for the shear reason it is a John Deere.

Why spend the money on development, because the sport is getting to expensive to experiment and as long as the pullers are footing the bill for the experiment the money will run out.

Thank you

Response to nutt October 02, 2009 04:04AM
Your logic makes no sense. The pullers will still be footing the bill no matter what rule changes are made. Under this rule, the experiments will just be more expensive, because they will be more closley tied to a builder. They will have to be, to be competitive.

If you like this rule and are 100% for it, that's great. Go build a modified.

Re: Response to nutt October 02, 2009 04:21AM
Sir:

It makes perfect sense, because the cost of building one over the other is the same. The cost of the off brand comes in to play when getting it to run in a manner that has already been proven in another engine and you can quit spending $$$ on your experiment and run with what has been proven. The other thing is that most likely there will be more builders becasue of the desire of the builder to service what they have put out on the track beings there name is behind it. In a free market society if you do not perform, your product does not get sold. So if they are quality builders, which many are, they can only service so much and keep there product at a high level.

Guess what?? Everything about a pulling tractor on the National level is MODIFIED. If you choose not to modify, then sit back and enjoy because the ride is really fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 02, 2009 09:31AM
I agree, the idea that "any engine any color" would be good for the sport is a bad idea. And will do nothing but hurt a spoort that already has a identity poroblem. It would seem that if this is a good idea lets build the "Tractor of tomorrow" every SS PS tractor will have the exact same sheet metal, engine, transmission and tire. He77 maybe only one driver, or remote drive them with a computer program. The fans may not be rocket scientists,however they do KNOW THE BRANDS OF THE TRACTORS THAT COMPETE.

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 02, 2009 09:35AM
I like the idea of "remote drive them with a computer program" then we're all lowly keyboard pullersWinking

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: YoungBlood is a good example - board members please read October 02, 2009 09:39AM
Then we can seat in our lounge chairs at the house and just pull all day long and use whatever color we want.

Anyone talked to board members?? October 02, 2009 01:58PM
Has anyone contacted any of the board members? I am sure there has been direct discussion with them since this BS. rule was announced. I'd like to know what they have to say for themselves...Angry

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,682, Posts: 229,784, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason