A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 22, 2009 01:28PM
Are there any 3000 RPM A-pump classes in Northern Iowa, Southern Minnesota, or even South Dakato? If so what are there rules.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 22, 2009 01:47PM
I wish there was a LLSS class in north Iowa, 360 ci. max, 3x4 charger, any fuel, 24.5 or even 30.5's no componet, no aftermarket heads, no decubing, and around 5800 - 6000lb range, a good starter class for someone who doesnt want too run or cant aford to run a full on LSS/HSS or Pro Stock, and doesnt want to run in a 1066 or 4320 smoker only class.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 22, 2009 02:51PM
I am not a member but am currently building a truck for them. I asked the same question.... And I was told that they were not against adding a class they just needed to see interest in the class.. If you know of a group of guys that would build one for that type of class and come out every week I am sure that they would....They have been nothing but helpful for me in my build.....Loy and the yes deere pulling team have been a great help..
Wayne Dunn
Dunn Dealin Pulling

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 22, 2009 03:35PM
that class might be entertaining if it were on 18.4's but when your dealing with that small of cubes and that big of tires it comes down to who has most hp, it would be different if it were multiple chargers, but a 3x4 and 360 cubes is a 1000 horses at best and it will cost more to get with a small cube motor then a 466 would. I was at richland center and other pulls with LLSS im sorry but they are boring, all they are is light super farm, flame away all you want but watch them sometime. But If your heart truely desires one and you really want to pull a LLSS ECI and Badger state both have very competitive classes of them.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 23, 2009 01:58AM
I agree I would love to see the LLSS in NW Iowa.......

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 23, 2009 02:42AM
There is a very strong group of pullers with the great plains that runs a-pumps, 3000 rpms and 466 cubes.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 23, 2009 05:53AM
Have they got a website?

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 23, 2009 09:16AM
[www.greatplainstractorpullers.org]

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 23, 2009 10:00AM
Just too bad Great Plains is afraid of a 930 case with a 504!!! Would love to pull with them also since it is closer but they are just a red/green group and if your not from Sioux County, IA your not worth considering.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 23, 2009 01:57PM
Thats funny because some of the stronger running tractors of the class are coming out of South Dakota.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 23, 2009 03:52PM
Dutch your reply made this question inevidible. Is there some reason why Cases can't pull with Great Plains?

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 24, 2009 01:15AM
hey big Mike sounds like we better biuld a case (maybe a 870) and show them that a case can pull, you think marv will let us take the cab off and turn it up??

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 27, 2009 10:53PM
marv says it needs a paint job

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 28, 2009 01:41AM
will Marv let us paint it black, if he will then count me in, hahha

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 29, 2009 01:19AM
i suppose u want the gold strip to , wonder if we can talk him into paying for it lol

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 24, 2009 01:45AM
all ,tractors with more than 466 cubes must have factor cubes for that tractor,and stock rear end and trans for the motor, in other words you cant put a 504 in a tracor smaller than 1270, a 451 would be just fine, there pretty good running motors out there smaller than that

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 24, 2009 07:57AM
Isn't that funny a red or green tractor as stated above can upgrade there engine to what they want but when it comes to a Case they can't upgrade because some body is afraid of competition. You know its people like you and your club that are the reason there are only red and green shows and frankly it gets old whatching the same old 806 or 4430 all the time ! That set of rules is part of the problem of pulling

You take a 706 with maybe 80 hp and make it a 466 with all of the things it takes to make a red tractor run good and thats fine but heaven forbid a Case gets to (maybe) gets to put the better stuff in there tractor to at least compete and then no way because it wasn't factory

Think about this the 930 was built in the 60's and so were the 06's but you can change the 06's to what you want.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 24, 2009 09:47AM
So if I thought the way you case guys do then I should be able to put a 619 in a 4020. Stroke or bore you 451 so you have a 466 and come see how well you can do with the same cubes as everyone else. There are a couple IH's with only 436 motors and they seem to be able to compete and have fun doing it.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 24, 2009 02:07PM
Ok first of all not all case guys think the way you think we think. Now he is wanting to run a 930 apparently. First a 930 didnt even come with a 451 it was 401. Second the 30 series didnt have direct injection, they were powercell heads. Very hard to make them compete with a 466. Ok so what is the option? Put a 70 series motor in ( direct injection, crossflow head, etc.) So i gather that what he is saying is the IH 06 series can put a 466 in and nobody says anything, which i find very easy to believe, but when somebody tries to upgrade a case all heck breaks loose. Why? because nobody thinks a case can run good and if they do they must be cheating, so lets limit them everyway we can. Personally if thats the way it is i would just run 70 series sheetmetal. Ok i am done rant off.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 25, 2009 01:30AM
still you can use the 451 and make it 466 cube,it has direct inj.you do not have to go 504 most guys want 504 because it is easyer, cheaper, and lets not forget BIGGER. the rules say 466 not what ever you may like! there are lots of good running small cube motors out there.361, 401, 404,407,414, 426, 436,451,456, and 466 all of these engines are used, another opion for case would be ,5.9 cummins used in a few tractors, very good engine all of these engines will run good if done right

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 25, 2009 03:07AM
build it, bring it, pull it! it'd be fun to have a different tractor to compete against. don't worry about cubic inch, they don't check it, 466 is just a number for some guys. HAHA!

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 25, 2009 08:54AM
You are pretty brave talking like that after only being out for about half a year. If I was you i would be painting that thing and shortening up the front weight bracket that will be shorter before you pull next year, that is if you put your rear end back together.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 25, 2009 09:57AM
Pretty big words for somebody hiding behind two ??. We put together a so so running 436 on our first year,we made some changes to try to improve. Some worked some did not. We made some good friends,who I would not trade for the world,in our first year of pulling. Yes our first year was cut short short by rear end issues. Hopefully we learned enough in that time to build a respectable tractor for next year. As for the paint some day we will finish it,when we get it running like we want.The tractor has never looked disrespectful,just not as nice as most. As for the post my son put up concerning cubic inch, I believe a bore and stroke check and pan seal before the season,like NE Nebraska does, would level playing field. The turbo sealing is great. If anyone has a problem with a father and son working together to build and run a tractor and having a lot of fun and hopefully learning in the process,please let us know.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 25, 2009 09:29AM
You know thats interesting you say it that way about the Case can use the 451 you don't see the ih people staying with the 414. The 451 does not have the crank strenth that the big crank 504 has let alone the better injectors but thats OK as long as its not ih or jd people I would very much doubt I would ever waste my time to pull with your club You have a nice life!

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 25, 2009 10:17AM
A lot of the ih motors still say 414 on the side. It is just stroked a little.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 25, 2009 01:47PM
That is exactly my point! They have 460/560's and 806's running 466, yet it is not ok for off brands to try to better themselves. Now how is a 466 truck engine a replacement to go in a 460/560? Also there have been red or green guys come from around to try and run and they get criticised and told all kinds of reasons why they can't run more than the one pull unless they change. If they would realize it would be for the better of the group to allow others. The Cases, MF's, Fords, A/C's etc. don't have the availability of high performance parts to try and compete. Let's level the playing field. One gentleman told me a couple years ago well he wanted to run a 500 something cubic inch engine in his d21. I said what was that in? He responded a combine. I said well fine bring it in then. The rest of the group then said OH NO!!! That's not fair it's not a tractor replacement. Well then keep out the IH truck engines and JD marine manifolds to keep it fair but that also didn't fly. LIke I said it is a "Good Ole Boy" group so let them be. Like Jake has said before about other groups, this group is the same........ They are not looking out for the better of the group and the sport.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 26, 2009 04:11AM
before long it will be use anything you want to.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 26, 2009 02:10PM
yes i agree stew.

Re: A-Pump Classes in Northern Iowa October 26, 2009 02:37PM
Is that great plains or great pains?????Got set the limit some where..Maybe you could join the club..go to the rules meeting...and see if pehaps they can have a change of heart!!!!they have not checked cubes that I know of...Or pumps...

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,948, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,033.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009