orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 05, 2009 11:58PM
Theres going to be some serious cry outs for hand outs. its clear the 470 cube deisels need a little something to be more competitive with the 3 bottom plow spark plug tractors !! Giving them 200 ibs of hush hush stop whining cookies is not is the answer!

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 06, 2009 12:23AM
So what is your answer.

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 06, 2009 12:54AM
Give them some options of more hp. That is if they have taken advantage of the rules they have been given. (( The most dominant deisel claims he's only 440 cubes. )) Make them do some home work and spend some money! just like the alkeys have in the past few years! Why cater to there every wimper? it will never stop !

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 06, 2009 04:58AM
One diesel tractor has spent the money, and supposedly has more power than any 470 diesel darnell has ever dynoed. Now if he would just finish the homework, he could win!

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 06, 2009 12:35PM
Only one has spent the money? My wife remindes me how much I spent and she don't know Half of what I spent. I agree ,most of the orv llss class could step up the hp ,including the majority of the alkys. Just hard to spend 15000-25000 and still be 4th or 5th, maybe .

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 06, 2009 12:39PM
are you sure it was a 470 cube deisel or was it 470 cube alkey with a turbonetic wind mill that mac dyno right before gordeyville this year?

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 07, 2009 05:43AM
that was probably a 470 lim-pro engine

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 06, 2009 08:50PM
several diesels did spend thousands of dollars to improve their tractors this past season. Tires, gears, turbos ,better heads, newest,latest and greatest injection pumps and injectors.and they increased their performance throughout the season but they also showed a loss of reliability. so its not just spend the money and do the homework. No need to get on here and bad mouth each other . If you don't want us in the class just say so .We have other options

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 08, 2009 01:46PM
is there a website where i can view your guys rules please we have llss class in western ny and would like to view your club rules thanks

Question for LLSSWhite November 08, 2009 03:39PM
Do you all have any alky tractors running with you all

Re: Question for LLSSWhite November 09, 2009 12:19AM
wny allows alky's but they dont let us convert a diesel head to a spark head.

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 06, 2009 10:15AM
Little girls that don't have all the facts can talk BIG behind their Momma's skirt. Must be afraid of the BIG BULLIES!!

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 06, 2009 10:45AM
speaking of little girls, sign ur name......

If this is over the week rear end tractors too bad November 06, 2009 01:19PM
screw those little rearend tractors they should have started with somthing bigger like a 1466 ,6030 rear or beter yet a 1170 case . Now am I right or am I wright?

Re: If this is over the week rear end tractors too bad November 06, 2009 01:47PM
Hey gobig , did you mean the little rears are a week long or weak of holding up ? Seems you would get something wright

help the diesels? November 07, 2009 01:29AM
I don't understand how the diesels say they can't compete. They are out numbered two to one and still are in the top three at almost every pull. thats impressive. just a few inches behind. What about the 16 tractors that haven't even been in the top three this year, why aren't they crying for help. They know that the rules are as good as they get, and they just need to work on making good passes. I'm not against giving the diesels something to help win some more pulls, but I'm not going to give them the class.

Re: help the diesels? November 08, 2009 12:06PM
How many from ORV are going to Gordyville.Looks to me there might not be enough to make two classs.

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 08, 2009 12:07PM
what was decided of this?

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 10, 2009 09:46AM
all the diesels get to try MAF enhancement for the first 8 pulls. Then we will decide on rules for 2010. From what I saw at the meeting most diesels are just going to give up. They wanted 200 lb over alkys sloted chargers and even talked about needing intercooler. How unreasonable is that.

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 10, 2009 11:32AM
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not giving up just yet. I'll spend the money ,again. do some homework, try some new ideas and if I can't do much better then I'll move up to Light pro. I don't think the little difference that the slotted charger would make would be worth the price of a new compressor cover.

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 10, 2009 05:21PM
I aint giving up either.i'll blow black smoke till i'm broke.building a new tractor over the winter.

will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 11, 2009 02:41AM
smoker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I don't think the little difference that the slotted
> charger would make would be worth the price of a
> new compressor cover.

With this being the general attitude of the smokers in the class how can they expect to be competitive?

Re: will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 11, 2009 05:22AM
thats what im building.560 rear,466 cubes,3088 sheet metal.hope to have it done by spring or early summer.getting it like Johnny Cash got his cadillac,one piece at a time

Re: will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 11, 2009 05:27AM
Glad to see some more smoke in the class. The crowd loves it. I don't think any diesel should have a problem competing just remember you can't win them all.

Question For IHJohn November 12, 2009 01:15AM
What all will you do to the 560 rear end to make it handle 1000 plus horsepower? Is a 560 rear better than a 656 rear? Good luck with your new tractor.

Re: Question For IHJohn November 12, 2009 02:18AM
IHJohn I am interested in what You,ve done with Your 560 Rear and trans also! Thanks!!!

Re: Question For IHJohn November 12, 2009 03:23AM
get rid of the ta.start with a billet input shaft,urmson wide gears,needle and thrust washer the spiders.also make a good bracket and put a bearing between the housing and and the ring gear and one on the end of the pinion to support it.also i use a power steering pump from jegs or summit to pump oil directly to the ring gear and pinion and bull pinion bearings so i know for sure they are getting oil.if there are going to be any problems after doing this it will more than likely be with the bull pinions and bearings.thats where ih had the trouble from the factory.as for the 656 its a good rear end to work with.the 560 i'm working with started life as a cotton picker so it does not have the updates from ih in the final drives.check your serial # to see if it has the triangle stamp on it.good luck guys,any other help i can give just ask,glad to help out.

Re: will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 11, 2009 09:47AM
Just how much HP do you think the slots will help. I was simply suggesting that there was a lot of HP to be had by other means than just bolting on a slotted charger. I am doing [already have most parts] a complete rebuild with completly different engine combination hopely about 300 hp more even without slotted charger.

Re: will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 11, 2009 10:45AM
Well why hadnt you done that already instead of wanting , wanting , wanting !

Re: will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 11, 2009 11:18AM
I said it before and I'll tell you again I didn't want anything. more just a little more weight for everyone. As far as doing it before ,it takes money money and more money. I've been collecting the parts for this build for a couple seasons . Maybe you should worry about your own setup

Re: will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 11, 2009 12:43PM
We have said it again and again we dont want anymore weight , the class should still be at 5700 lbs!!!! Thank you very much

Re: will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 11, 2009 01:05PM
I don't think anyone would complain if you weighed in at 5700 instead of 6050.How much do you weigh in at when you pull at gordyville or mid tn

Re: will somebody with ambition please build a 470 cid deisel 3x4 @ 6000 ibs November 12, 2009 02:01AM
smoker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think anyone would complain if you weighed
> in at 5700 instead of 6050.How much do you weigh
> in at when you pull at gordyville or mid tn

What does that have to do with orvtpa's weight ? The class started at 5700 and is now 6000 and the deisel's havent stop asking for more yet. How heavy does the class got to be before youll stop whining for more weight ? And then after that ? And then after that? Oh yeah heard somthing about puke tanks being manditory but they didnt bring up the extra weight? how much weight is that going to require 150 200 ibs? They think there slick saving that cry for the the sping meeting. its never ending. Are you starting to under stand why the rest of the pullers have a hard time taking the the deisels cry seriously?

giving up as in ...Massey November 11, 2009 06:06AM
Just wondering if that is what you are talking about when you say "giving up"

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 11, 2009 09:32AM
By giving up I was refering to the people that just want you to give them an advantage so the don't have work for a win. We haven't given up on the Massey. It will be out first of the season and hopefully our hard work and money spent will get us some wins. We have high hopes that the Perkins is going to be hard to beat.

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 11, 2009 11:29AM
Just wondering how much horsepower it takes in this class to be competetive in an alky or diesel? Thanks.

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 12, 2009 12:34AM
I am currently building a tractor out of the Sipe's shop. Everything that I have been told you better be atleast 1200HP or your in trouble. But then again thats what I have been told.

Re: orv llss class meeting tomorrow. bring some tissue's November 12, 2009 09:32AM
I know of three strong running tractors that have been on the dyno in our class. the alky made a little over 1000hp one diesel was just under 1000hp the other diesel was close to 1200. The tractor with less than 1000hp finished ahead of the other two most of the time. Its not a hp game you have to get in on the track.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009