another fantasy class in trouble November 10, 2009 11:57AM
I here the 2wd mod class in fantasy is falling apart. everyone is quiting or going pulling somewhere else

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 11, 2009 02:04AM
Please tell us more about this..

I liked that class.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 11, 2009 05:38AM
You can build a pretty competitive Region, or Outlaw truck for what it costs to run with the Fantasy class. And the payout with Fantasy SUCKS!!!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 11, 2009 06:00AM
I said a couple years ago. That with out Shane in the Super 2 class and Wayne in the Mod 2 class, Fantasy would end up being an ALL 4-wheel club. Or fold all together! Looks like they are gonna end up with just the Super 4 and the Diesel class. Good luck with that!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 11, 2009 07:23AM
That'll be too bad if that does happen! That 2wd class is really a good deal.
No idea on payback, but the miles are MUCH less with Fantasy.
You'll hook a lot of times within 2 hours of your house with Fantasy.
With R3, you are looking at anything less than 3 hours drive as a local event!
All that said. everyone is grumpy this time of year, so may be more good things will happen than bad.
Guess we'll find out next June or July.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 12, 2009 01:37AM
Not like Wayne has not won very much, every Fantasy pull I have been at he has one at least once..

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 12, 2009 09:19AM
It sounds like East Central Iowa Pullers is not in any better shape. They are pretty much gonna be back to a Tractor only club. And Fantasy will only have the S/S 4wd class. Doesn't sound like its gonna be a good 2010 season.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 12, 2009 12:14PM
Why do you think there will only be one class? As far as I know there are still 2 wd classes or did the sky just fall? So what do you predict in Tri-State then? Mods run there too...

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 12, 2009 01:16PM
shane wasn't the only hard pulling super two !!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 12, 2009 01:46PM
You only need 4 or 5 trucks per class if you bring good equipment. If you think you can run region for the same money the boys at fantasy do you need to reach down and pull your head out of your rear! Motor cost and maintance is a fraction of the cost. And i have pulled alot of region and you drive tons of miles weeknights and the pay is far from good. I predict fantasy will be around for a long time if someone is willing to do the work. I bet within a few years the top diesel trucks will be from the fantasy club.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 03:00AM
I never said that Shane was the only hard running Super 2! He ran hard, but so do the others. What Shane did was the behind the scene work. He was a Super 2 Board member every year I remember. There is more to making a class work than just showing up to the pull!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 03:26AM
I've been a fantasy member and board member for 15 yrs. Look at ECI 's " behind the scenes-behind the back rules changes"

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 03:35AM
Some people think the grass is greener else where?

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 04:09AM
Agree! Why mess with a good thing? Change isn't bad just expensive!!!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 04:20AM
No, I dont agree! 1st of all your statement was "Why mess with a good thing" when and where was there a good thing????
Do you think that there is 1 class in NTPA, or Outlaw that is the same as it was 5, or even 3yrs ago? There has got to be change! The world is constantly revolving. Things change, technology grows! The Super Stock 2wheel class is so against change that they will be the same trucks 5 years from now as they were 5 years ago. Truck Pulling in general is expensive! If you want something that is not expensive, you might as well stay home!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 04:26AM
Can I get some money from your money tree? NTPA is big money no way you can compare the two!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 04:10AM
2009 was a tuff season for not only pullers, but for the Fairboards, Fans, everyone! Hope that some numbers come back in 2010.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 04:16AM
So true. The classes will make a comeback always have!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 04:28AM
Who is leavin the Mod class? I saw the Hot 'n' Nasty truck was for sale. Did he sell it? Where would it go with those kind of rules? Who else is leavin the class????

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 04:49AM
Who?? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is leavin the Mod class? I saw the Hot 'n'
> Nasty truck was for sale. Did he sell it? Where
> would it go with those kind of rules? Who else is
> leavin the class????

Are you kidding? From what I saw of Wayne's and Terry's truck and a few others they are top shelf, put a 575 in them and they would be competitive at the state, region 3 level no problem.Just beacause it has a 480 in it now doesn't mean that motor is married to the truck. Look at the for sale page Wayne's motor is listed on it and on Pullingworld.com. That might tell you something right there.Wayne and Terry weren't region 3 champs 3 out of 4 years because their equipment is junk.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 05:20AM
It is time for pullers in lower classes to move up.
It is just the process of pulling, most people don't stay in the same class forever. They move up or change classes.

Just a thought..

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 05:49AM
The Fantasy Mod class would have a better chance of a Region truck that may have hurt a motor drop down and build a 482. You think Massman, Boggess, or Lantow & Miller would EVER move up??? Dont hold your breath!!!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 06:56AM
Nobody on here, has come out to say what the problem is. Is there a problem or are they just quitting..
I would like to see Wayne continue to hook.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 09:05AM
half the class wont a 30 inch hitch and the rest want to stay at 28

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 12:26PM
just a fan Wrote:
> half the class wont a 30 inch hitch and the rest
> want to stay at 28

So what half wanted the 30" hitch.The winners or the losers? I'm quessing the latter.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 10:37AM
All due respect. But what is considered lower class? super2 and open four require require a good deal of money to compete.
Moving up a class for some would require a whole new truck, plus some of those guys may just plan like where they are, it's all
for fun.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 13, 2009 10:06PM
I have heard and read about people quitting before and this club or class breaking up and it never happens. I have ben around Fantasy and truck pulling all my life. Fantasy is full of top notch pullers as is most of the clubs out there and Fantasy is run by first class people who care about the club and pullers. I read on here the last couple of years how all the Fantasy super fours were quitting over a hitch. I say take your truck to one of there pulls and see if they all quit. I think maybe someone is bored and is just starting some fun at there expense. Even if there is a problem they will work it out. These are good honest people who love pulling. I say fantasy will bearound many years to come and there shows will be top notch this summer as they always have. If your worried go to there website and call the Pres to find out the scoop.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 15, 2009 01:53PM
Are you people serious?

Look at the numbers this past season. The Mod two's are one of the highest paid classes in the club but have a hard time supporting there own class membership to pay out. Why would a club give a class more money in those circumstances?
Dont use the excuse that it is the most expensive class so they deserve it. Go build a super 4 and see how much you have tied up. Go build a diesel truck that is competitive and see how much you have tied up. I would venture to say the Super Street diesel class is the most expensive class and most under paid class they have.
Stating its due to money is complete BS and is somebody just stiring the pot and does not want the real truth out of why the mod class has so many rumors flying around it.
You guys want to talk about something talk about how the diesel class is going to have a starter class next year and a Super street diesel class. Both of those classes will hold there own count, support them selves and be a huge crowd favorite for many years to come.
How about this for topic: Oxygenated fuel is now allowed as well as big conversions and big drivetrain parts in the super 4s. Where do you think that class is going to go?
How about the open 4's that are making steps to being even more at the same hp level as the super 4. or how about trucks that are getting beat in the light class b/c they are over powering the rest of the class voted in a weight class change to benefit these trucks.
Or how about the open 2's that have a hard time maintaing there numbers but year after year they are givin the option to make rule changes to allow more trucks to come and participate but fail to do so.
If any class is in trouble at the fantasy club I would put my money on the open 2's.
All this talk all summer about this guy running traction control and that guy was over cubed but yet not one single rule was suggested to prevent this from re occurring. Looks to me like theres a lot of back side jaw movement going on.

Look at how the oxygenated fuel ended up getting voted in.......

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 16, 2009 06:01AM
Money does not always make your problems go away..
It might add more headaches..

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 16, 2009 10:06AM
Just pointing out that traction control is already in the general rules, but how to regulate it is another question. I have to agree that the voting on oxygenated fuel should have never happen as it did. Once a vote was done, it's done until next year. The same argument that was made to allow it, goes the same for almost everything else that goes with pulling, such as traction control, how do you patrol it?

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 16, 2009 10:29AM
amazing grace Wrote:
> Just pointing out that traction control is already
> in the general rules, but how to regulate it is
> another question. I have to agree that the voting
> on oxygenated fuel should have never happen as it
> did. Once a vote was done, it's done until next
> year. The same argument that was made to allow it,
> goes the same for almost everything else that goes
> with pulling, such as traction control, how do you
> patrol it?

IF you don"t have the stones to enforce a rule you might as well make it legal. You got fuel no one wants to check, Heads on the presidents truck no one else can run, but won"t make him change. Cubic inch that no one wants to check. Traction control suposedly. And on and on and on.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 16, 2009 11:04AM
what???? With so many people speculating on what others may be running, why not open the field to anything goes? It would solve all these issues that everyone seems to have with everybody else. I find it interesting that some think they know everything about everyone. Oh...so far from the truth!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 19, 2009 01:16PM
I have to ask...why are the 2wd rules like they are.....I can see a few of the limits they want but man some of them are way out.....I often thought about another motor to use just for them, but it's not just a smaller motor and blower ....A new puller would have to build a combo just for their group and then he couldn't really go anywhere else.....and it won't save any money, you've still got to buy parts to pull

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 16, 2009 12:08PM
First of all please tell me how to enforce the fuel and the additives out there? Next if people have no spine at the rules meetings and then come on here and whine they need to stay home and watch tv. There is a rule in Fantasys general rules on cubic inch checking so if someone has a issue it will be handled. I say you were not at the meeting or you would know that the super stock 4x4 class voted on opening up the cylinder heads to any head except hemi. This was turned in by the presidents huband and was voted on. Only one vote was for it so the heads must not be a big issue to the rest of the class. If someone has a issue with a rule make a call to someone not whine on the internet. I sat at the meeting and nobody will step up and do any work and take the president,tech,board of directors spot,secratary or even just give a hand at a pull. The people who run these clubs donate tons of time and money If you have a issue speak up! Or step up and take over and do some work and make it a perfect club where everyone is happy ,or they cry on the internet because the have no marbles!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 17, 2009 12:34AM
I still want to know what is happening to the Mod 2wd class that people are not going to support anymore?
I like that class and I hope they work out their problems.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 17, 2009 01:10AM
I think the main reason a few members are losing intrest is because there kids that were driving are doing there own thing. Also i know buisness is extremely slow for another member.Nothing is for sure and there is still plenty of trucks to hold that class.As far as the orange truck i have not a good answer. I would venture to say there was and will be smaller numbers in lots of clubs. The diesel class looks to be the class growing the most. Also you can never guess what else might be in the works! The shows will still be good.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 18, 2009 04:51AM
"Also you can never guess what else might be in the works! "

Does this statement have anything to do with the discussion of some members wanting to go to a one hook show and adding another class or two, like a Semi class or a tractor class?

From the stories I have been hearing the idea seems pretty appealing. Cost each puller several hundred dollars less each year in member fees and in hook fees. Plus paybacks close to the same in one hook as some used to get in two hooks. More classes also means more members!

I would also think it would be easier for Fantasy to book the shows, instead of selling a town 5 classes that pull twice, they can sell 7 different classes.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 19, 2009 02:24AM
I am a tractor puller but the whole idea of a one hook show just bugs me. I actually avoid pulls that only have one hook per night, Sorry but I built my tractor to pull.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 19, 2009 02:34AM
Hey ia ih puller what class are you in and where you from?

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 19, 2009 06:36AM
TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF ALL THE RUMORS ABOUT THE 2WD CLASS IVE HEARD THE WHOLE ISSUES ARE ABOUT RUNNING A 30 INCH HITCH INSTEAD OF A 28. WHERE CAN YOU PULL A 28 INCH HITCH ANYWHERE IN A 2WD CLASS OTHER THAN THE FANTASY AND TRISTATE CLUBS? YEAH RIGHT!!!!! THOUGHT SO ! DOESNT ANYONE LIKE CHANGE? ARE THEY AFRAID OF LOSING? GET OVER IT THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END IF I DONT SEE SHOWTIME AND HIS GROUPIES AT THESE PULLS THERE ARE OTHER GREAT TRUCKS IN THAT CLASS WHO FANS ENJOY WATCHING!! SO IF WE DONT GET OUR WAY WE ARE GOING TO QUIT? I SEEN SOME POOR SPORTSMANSHIP IN THE CLASS IF ANYONE RECALLS CALEDONIA ? FANTASY AND TRISTATE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK I ENJOY WATCHING YOUR SHOWS!!!

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 17, 2009 02:19AM
You said any head except hemi. I take that as saying the pro-stock style heads are in, the 5" bore spacing is gone. If so that class just died.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 19, 2009 01:33AM
and so does Fantasy.....

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 19, 2009 05:00PM
Fantasy is not even close to dead!!!!
Fantasy has always made strives to be one of the best shows with adding classes and listening to what the fair boards are looking for.

Take a look back 3 years ago. Nobody considered a diesel truck a show. Fantasy was the only club in the area that opened the doors for us to come pull. Now take a look around. Diesel's are one of the hottest tickets in town. Many clubs in the area now imitate our clubs rules each and every year.

Its sad that so many people sit on here and pis and moan about this guy did that yadaya. I am not pulling bc i want a 25 deg hitch, or I not pulling bc I want a 28 inch hitch is complete bs You people got something to say grow a set and put your actual names up here rather then hiding behind a a screen name.

Fantasy will do what it takes to continue to put on one of the best shows in the area for years to come. If it means the fair boards wants a change of scene class wise or the big controversial large one hook show then at that time I am sure Fantasy will entertain ideas. The classes that are dwindling each year are guys not looking out for the better ment of the club and maybe thats where fantasy needs to take a look.

Chad

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 20, 2009 02:12AM
Empire Wrote:
> Fantasy is not even close to dead!!!!
> Fantasy has always made strives to be one of the
> best shows with adding classes and listening to
> what the fair boards are looking for.
>
> Take a look back 3 years ago. Nobody considered a
> diesel truck a show. Fantasy was the only club in
> the area that opened the doors for us to come
> pull. Now take a look around. Diesel's are one
> of the hottest tickets in town. Many clubs in the
> area now imitate our clubs rules each and every
> year.
>
> Its sad that so many people sit on here and pis
> and moan about this guy did that yadaya. I am not
> pulling bc i want a 25 deg hitch, or I not pulling
> bc I want a 28 inch hitch is complete bs You
> people got something to say grow a set and put
> your actual names up here rather then hiding
> behind a a screen name.
>
> Fantasy will do what it takes to continue to put
> on one of the best shows in the area for years to
> come. If it means the fair boards wants a change
> of scene class wise or the big controversial large
> one hook show then at that time I am sure Fantasy
> will entertain ideas. The classes that are
> dwindling each year are guys not looking out for
> the better ment of the club and maybe thats where
> fantasy needs to take a look.
>
> Chad

Just for the heck of it I looked up your website, looked at the points page. Now granted you had some numbers at pulls, but if you look close you'll see that there were only 26 members that were dedicated to your club. Thats about an average of 5 per class. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't call that great by no means. Seems more like a social gathering.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 20, 2009 10:13AM
Alright Lubeowner, We get you want one hook so relax and bring your truck and less typing. Or if someone thinks it easy start your own club. Oh yeah that means someone would have to work and put in some valuble time. I would say there is few clubs that have a huge puller count at every event

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 20, 2009 12:06PM
You are a diesel puller Wrote:
> Alright Lubeowner, We get you want one hook so
> relax and bring your truck and less typing. Or if
> someone thinks it easy start your own club. Oh
> yeah that means someone would have to work and put
> in some valuble time. I would say there is few
> clubs that have a huge puller count at every event

Not a diesel puller, just someone that thinks having 4or 5 people a class doesn't make a great show. Good thing they get to pull twice or it be a pretty short show. No wonder their hard to sell.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 20, 2009 12:42PM
I've been around truck pulling as a fan and puller since the late 80's. I've seen many of the current trucks you see today
start as modified street trucks to all top of the line pulling machines. It takes money, dedication and love of the sport to
make a club or class work. You still have to work and spend time with family so when you see some of the best iron in
truck pulling at a Fantasy pull you are looking at that dedication! Regardless of numbers, you need nice iron at the
pulls to put on a good show.

Leo Jr.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 25, 2009 01:45AM
You are a diesel puller Wrote:
> Alright Lubeowner, We get you want one hook so
> relax and bring your truck and less typing. Or if
> someone thinks it easy start your own club. Oh
> yeah that means someone would have to work and put
> in some valuble time. I would say there is few
> clubs that have a huge puller count at every event

I do believe a one hook show with more variety would be better for our club. You should remember it is not all about us.....the pullers....it is about gettting the fans to come and watch our shows and staying to the end of the show. This means more food, beverage, and ticket sales for the small towns and fairs to help pay for our show and keep us coming back. Don't get me wrong, I think Fantasy has some of the best iron and and a well organized show and good group of members now.
A one hook show with more classes would help get more iron and members that we need. As far as starting another club, that is the last thing I'd like to see........we have a great group of people and well organized club...I'd like to just see us grow.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 25, 2009 09:34AM
Not sure that going to one hook would do anything to the show, except make it a short one. The shows run 3 to 4 hours and if you cut it in half what to you have? It will not bring in more trucks, with the economy the way it is, we're lucky to have the trucks we do now. It is a sport that isn't easy to jump into.. I prefer to run 2 hooks, if I'm driving the distance, I want to have the fun. I guess if the diesels only want one run, have at it. just my opinion.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 21, 2009 04:05AM
well put. too many jack *sses b*itch but don't do anything to fix the problem.

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 30, 2009 09:16AM
You want more trucks then why are you so against having the same rules as other clubs have. Make your super stock 4x4 the same as ntpa so more trucks can come pull your organization or keep it like you have it so no outsiders can come in and win your money. huh

Re: another fantasy class in trouble November 30, 2009 11:26AM
Its tuff to say because, its a little cheaper game with the cube limit and dot tires but in my opinion a lot of those guys could probably afford to play that game its just they dont want to travel. If you didnt want to play with the big boys drop back a class and have atter

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,776, Posts: 229,946, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,032.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009