$ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 21, 2009 01:18AM
A friend of mine said he saw on local news that puller caused over $ 15,000.00 dollars worth of damage to building .What happened i left after tractors pulled and did,nt see any problems .Just hope some idiot did,nt destroy something on purpose
If so that will be the first and last pull at arena.THANKS ALOT Knukle head. Wish you had gone deer hunt too'!!!! Hope this is not true don't sound like something tractor pullers would do.Does any body Know what happened????????

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 21, 2009 03:02AM
Proable from Carey wild ride into the 1st row through all the sand and rail....

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 21, 2009 08:55AM
any video of that?

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 21, 2009 02:52PM
What happened sled problems or something He must have thougt the sled could stop him but WRONGOO!!!How did a wimpy two wheel drive truck cause so much distruction.Must be a government repair job for that price !! What will those monster trucks do if they get wild and crash the rail.they had those scheduled for sometime in the future.

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 21, 2009 05:10PM
Here is one photo of the accident, there are more on my photo page on www.DunawayPullingPerformance.com. Corbin, KY album, saturday evening. 2wd was last class so the photos are towards the end.
Dunaway Performance

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 25, 2009 02:03PM
They have a tendancy to let them go into the sand pile at L'ville too.What are these pull operators thinking?Good show??What a bunch of idiots for setting the sled loose.They will wait until people get hurt and they get their a$$es sued off before they change their ways.

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 25, 2009 03:58PM
I do agree that it is dangerous to let the Vehicles hit the sand hard, but actually at the pull in Corbin, they were good about stopping them inches from the pile or just touching it. There were only 3 or 4 really hard hits into the sand the whole weekend, and most of those were test hooks. But the thing about the incedent with Eddie Carey was that all of the other trucks in the class were stopping well behind the sand pile. That is why he ended up taking last place money and giving first up to Jason Gibson who would have been second, even though Brian Neal insisted that he just had a good hook and that the sled did not malfunction.

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 25, 2009 09:18PM
kinda funny the name of the truck is destination unknown.hope everything and everyone is ok

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 27, 2009 01:07AM
Has anyone talked to kevin or tom to see if they will go back to corbin or not .I have heard that it cost anywhere from $40'000all the way up to $140'000 just to lease the building . If that is so i don't think they'll go back next year. Will insurance pay for the damage to the building?

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 27, 2009 04:57AM
WOW!!! That would have to the greatest display of sportsmanship I have ever haerd of in this sport!!!! Somebody buy that guy a beer!!!!!

Rick

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 27, 2009 03:00AM
Judging by the crowd that they had, I think it's safe to say there won't be pull there again.

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 28, 2009 05:32AM
I heard that the owner of the building was not all that upset with the damages and said insurance would replace it. As far as having another pull there, i'm not sure. I definatly don't think it is out of the question, It was a great facility and the sho ran very well. The only problem was the thin crowd, which personally, I think it was timing. Many pullers and fans still had crops in the field and on top of that, it was the opening weekend of Gun Season! LOL. I would like to see another pull there, I attended and photographed all sessions and was not dissapointed with any of them and thought that the facilty and staff were very hospitable.

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 28, 2009 06:54AM
I did not like the fact that they were only allowing 1 person in the arena with the trucks and tractors. Any place else that has indoor pulls either allow people in the pits or sell pit passes.

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? November 28, 2009 07:49AM
There was no pits to get passes to just enough room for a driver and one person to help. I had a great time for my first indoor pull.

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? December 02, 2009 05:02AM
There insurance regulations wouldn't allow a bunch of people in the driver/pit area....sorry you were upset at that ,it was hard enough to put the pull on let alone keeping people out and still wasn't policed enough.

Re: $ 15,000.00 Damages to corbin arena??? December 03, 2009 06:10AM
Was told he wanted to have another pull there soon but everyone has told him the date won't work. I was told it is booked to be back there next year in december. Don't guess he lost to much money like everyone thinks. I guess he managed to find some spare money lying around to cover his loss.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,686, Posts: 229,788, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,952.

Our newest member Jason